Quantcast

Tsali Tsali Tsali Tsali

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
What loops did you ride? Thompson and Left were always my favorite. I'm guessing you didn't ride the Demo 8 while you were there?

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
GravityFreakTJ said:
I will have two days down there,which loops would you recommend(Thomson and Left of course),others?
It's been a while since i've been up there. There are four trails there, and they are open on alternating day. I'm not completely sure, but I think right and left are open on sunday and mouse and thompson are open on sunday. Right and left together is a pretty long ride, (at least for me it was) close to 23 miles together?

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
bradical said:
It's been a while since i've been up there. There are four trails there, and they are open on alternating day. I'm not completely sure, but I think right and left are open on sunday and mouse and thompson are open on sunday. Right and left together is a pretty long ride, (at least for me it was) close to 23 miles together?

There is a trail around here called the North/South Trail.It's 32 miles and i've done it on my ss,completly kicked my arse tho :dead: .Any idea on elevation gain?

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
GravityFreakTJ said:
There is a trail around here called the North/South Trail.It's 32 miles and i've done it on my ss,completly kicked my arse tho :dead: .Any idea on elevation gain?
On a ss.. wow... Don't remember elevation gain, but have you ridden at Tsali before? All of the trails are very up and down, flowy, and almost never a very long extended climb. Just sweet nc singletrack.

Or used to be, I haven't been up there in a couple years. I heard they turned some of trails into 4 foot wide sidewalks, and that plain sucks. I hope there's no truth to that.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
hadn't been there in a while. not a bad place to ride at all. put it in the big ring and roll out

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Rode the left in the late afternoon. Got too cold for further funny business.

I rode on my personal favorite slayer of singletrack:

The Stumpjumper 120 Expert

The Enduro just seemed like overkill for those trails.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
GravityFreakTJ said:
I will have two days down there,which loops would you recommend(Thomson and Left of course),others?
The trail has 4 (as I recall) loops; you can only ride two on any given day. It's part of a rotating system for multi-use access. It works out well, and in 2 days, you can ride all 4. They all return to a central point where you can camp.

I had a blast there in my 1-night-1-day stay...I was visiting my bro in Chapell Hill, had my bike along for some other riding, and he told me a group from his buisness school was out there riding. I hooked up with a group of late-arrivers, and we hit Bent Creek on the way out, found the Tsali camp/party site, and rode Mouse and Thompson on the next day (and met my date for my next formal function, too!) Looooong-ass drive back to Chapel Hill the next day, but it was quite worth it (as was the ensuing weekend in Vegas a few months later).

So, umm...congrats DT! Hit up Bent Creek and Pisgah if you can!

MD