Quantcast

tsolltd.com- scammed

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I posted here, but I'm getting back into the biking scene! Sucks that my first post back has to be something like this, but here goes:

I recently got charged by the aforementioned website and now I'm trying to figure out what's going on. To summarize everything, here's an email I sent to google for help a couple minutes ago:

I have a couple questions. You see, I was recently fraudulenty charged for $532 by a company which referred to itself only as "www.tsolltd.com". I was a bit peeved, as the website only said "if you have been charged please contact us". Nothing about what they sold, who they were, etc. I did a search for that URL at www.google.com, and to my surprise only 3 sites came up- a domain reporting site, www.tsolltd.com, and some xanga site by a girl that had also been scammed. I thought nothing of it at first, but then today one of my coworkers told me that he had been hit by the EXACT same company. Now I'm thinking to myself, "if this happens often enough for two people who KNOW each to get hit, what are the chances that a google search turns up nearly nothing?"

I looked into it even further today, and found the parent website through an archived page (http://www.dgbksprepay.com/store/index.php). A search for dgbksprepay doesn't even return that website; it returns a domain reporting site and tsolltd.com.

Here's where I start really getting interested. My question- is it possible to have a search NOT return specific results? I'm sure that under normal circumtstances, there would be at least several hundred if not thousands of websites, blogs, consumer review pages, etc. documenting this company. If so, how would it be done? I am trying to gather more information on this case, and any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan

Now, I'm just trying to find out exactly how many people have ever been charged by this company. If two people from the same company got hit, I figured maybe someone else from this forum would also have gotten hit or know someone who did. I'm trying to find out why no search results exist for both sites, and how this company managed to silence the people that would be complaining. I'll admit it's possible that maybe us 3 are the only ones to have ever gotten scammed, but that's just a bit far fetched for me to believe at this point.

If you guys could post this on the other forums you visit (and link here please!) I would GREATLY appreciate it. That money was taken from me at a very bad time, and I want to help ensure that it doesn't ever happen to anyone else.

Thanks,
Stan

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Transcend said:
Err - just call your credit card company and have the charge reversed? If they get enough calls they will just cancel this guys merchant account.
Damn you and your logic. But Fraiser is right, credit card companies are more than happy to work with you, because in the end it helps them out more than you to prevent fraud.

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
I tried, but unfortunately this wasn't on a credit card- it was my debit card, and Bank of America told me that I had to wait until the pending transaction went through before they could do anything. It went through tonight, so I'll call them again tomorrow. However, it's more than just the money... I don't want to see the same thing happen to someone else.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
crono35 said:
I tried, but unfortunately this wasn't on a credit card- it was my debit card, and Bank of America told me that I had to wait until the pending transaction went through before they could do anything. It went through tonight, so I'll call them again tomorrow. However, it's more than just the money... I don't want to see the same thing happen to someone else.
You get brownie points for tying to prevent future fraud but if ebay is any indicator. For every fraud you catch and put a stop to, ten more pop up in it's place. The key is to always stay on the look-put and not have it happen to you again.

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
yeah, it may not be much in the grand scheme of things, but if everyone believed that every good thing they did was pointless... not much good would ever be done. I'm still trying to figure out at this point if my info was stolen then used, or if the company itself is not legit. Based on what I've seen so far, either both or the latter may be true.

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: TSOLLTD.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.DATAPIPE.NET
NS2.DATAPIPE.NET

For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx

The previous information has been obtained either directly from the registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions. Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness.

Show underlying registry data for this record

Current Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
IP Address: 80.190.210.43 (ARIN & RIPE IP search)
IP Location: DE(GERMANY)
Record Type: Domain Name
Server Type: Apache 1
Lock Status: REGISTRAR-LOCK
DMOZ no listings
Y! Directory: see listings
Secure: No
E-commerce: No
Traffic Ranking: Not available
Data as of: 14-Jun-2005

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: TSOLLTD.COM
Created on: 24-Sep-04
Expires on: 05-Sep-07
Last Updated on: 01-Apr-05

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration TSOLLTD.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599