Quantcast

TT length on BMX

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
So, its been a long time since Ive spun around on 20 inch wheels and it will be almost strictly used at the skate park. I love my fall guy for street and will probably continue to use it there. I was considering a fuse 4 as a complete and it runs a 21" TT. Ive asked and guys near my height of 5'10" seem to like 21 or 21.5. Ive also heard 20 and 20.5. Ive noticed the HAs are much steeper... in the 74 area. Any recommends of frames and geos would be appreciated.

Ive looked at the grim reaper and fuse 4 and sundays so far. Any input on CS length too? Not sure that I want to throw a huge wad of cash at this as far as frame up build.... I like profiles nano drive and 990 brakes would be nice.

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I'm riding a borrowed '05 Haro Nyquist right now and it has a 20.6 tt and I couldn't believe how easy it was to transition over from my Molly which I'll never get rid of. Other than bigger tires and a little front suspension they feel really similar. I'm about 5'11". I'd get a 21" if I got one.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
you would probably be very happy witha 21 inch TT for your height. Check out the take time frame it has a really good geo. Head angle is in between regular and steep (74.75) Tall bars are always good for your back and feel good.

standard125r

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
Then 21 it is, thanks. Any input on rear center length? I already had the S&M bars in mind, seems they treat everyone well.
look for a tight slammed backend, from "13 to "14 is fine,

s&m bars are very nice, i've had castillo's,slams and smals in the past but the berringer lt's i'm on at the moment are the best yet,

at 5'10" a "21 toptube should suit you fine,
think about the head angle too, a 75degree headtube on a "21tt frame gives you an effective 21.25 toptube whilst still retaining a relatively short, nimble wheelbase,

jherich

Chimp
Sep 1, 2005
North Texas
I also came from riding, MTB, but only but after breaking two Gold Labels one at the trails, and on at the Park, I've been riding 20's bikes.

I started on and FBM Old Boy with a long rear end and a 21" TT then a FBM Nighttrain with a 20.75" TT. Now I ride a FBM Auto pilot 20.62 TT with a really short rear close to 13.75. The bike is great for park street or trails, but I've noticed I like 21 for trails.

But if you mainly want a park bike shorter can be better once you get use to it.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I say go with a 21" tt. BMX only guys will give you a shorter top rube recomendation, but going back and forth to a big bike feels weird sometimes with a short tt on the 20". I'm about your height, and my 21 is awesome w/ short stays for park and trails. Since getting a nice 20, I haven't ridden the MOB at all.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
check out 20" love.
my spec comes in at 22.6-and its all steel.

coming from a 27lb mob, its niiiice.
and 13.75" stays are short-especially on a 21" top tube-you'll get a lot of leverage. but that being said, i like mine cause i can whip it around so easy
i'm progressing very fast too

standard125r

Chimp
Dec 7, 2006
check out 20" love.
my spec comes in at 22.6-and its all steel.

coming from a 27lb mob, its niiiice.
and 13.75" stays are short-especially on a 21" top tube-you'll get a lot of leverage. but that being said, i like mine cause i can whip it around so easy
i'm progressing very fast too

22.6lb,
bull****.
proof?