Quantcast

ttc updates

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
So We Have Been Bustin Ass All Winter Trying To Get Some More Dh Trails Down The Big Side To Make It More Able To shuttle For Everyone,Any Many Other Reasons One Of Them Being That In My Opinion The Ttc Is Very Much Worth The10.00$ A Day Ride Fee Or The Now Availiable 2014 Season Pass For 75.00. With That Being Said..The Owners Of The Ttc Have Not Been Completly Happy With A Few Things Lately ,Due To Money and Lack Of Respect To The Property By Some Mtn. Bikers

The Fix.......Come Ride Some Dh At Ttc,Or Enter A race,,,,Pay The Fee Or Buy A Season Pass,,,,,,Respect The Property And Know That It Is A Public Business .
Sorry For Rambling But I Dont Wanna Loose It...To Much Work Has Gone Into The Place.

The More Riding We Do..The Longer It Will Be there

Hey guys the TTC is a a real DH gem in the south east.
It has taken years to get to where it is now and finally has a better shuttle system, better trails (Mueller from Elevated Trail Designs laid out there newest trail), super cool scene with grills, cabins etc, a swimming hole etc.....

It is high time that we riders police our "spot" in terms of the daily $10 rider fee, litter, speeding, loud music etc.
This is a growing pain that most places eventually have to deal with or risk losing it all.

DH is an afterthought for the owners of the TTC ( a private moto trials park) and they have voiced concerns about the issues i listed.

We are on thin ice with the DH program unless we do a better job respecting our spot.

If you are a DH enthusiast please come check out the TTC for an organized ride day or race. And WindRock is 2.5 hours away so in the same trip you can have it all.

For 2014 the locals have been seriously building the trail that Mueller laid out 2 months ago.
This weekend a bunch of Canucksd eh? are ripping all the trails with all the other dirtbags.
Come check it out or be on the look out for the next ride day and spring race.

Last edited:

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
How big of a bike do you need to have good safe fun at the Trials Training center? I'll be down there this coming year with my Trials bikes(2011 Sherco plus several vintage twinshock bikes) and could bring my 2010 Kona Dawg along.I'm a Hoosier so I can't justify a full on DH bike on a lark,I did have a 2004 Stinky years ago and had a blast with it until they graveled the Horse trails I was getting short dh runs on.
Dawg really doesn't feel confidence inspiring on the Brown County In. trails when They point down,but possibly I could put on a longer 35mm fork to help it a bit(My issue could also be turning 55 years old:weee:)
I'm about 6 hrs from TTC so weekend runs could be swung.

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
Ttc Is Real Steep In Spots And Very Rocky..Real Fun Is On A Dh Sled..Come On Out...U Make A Run On Mine. We Have Ridden Most Of It On A 6" And 6" And HaVe Had Some Groms RUn On Less But Really Its Possible On AnytHing. Its Just Way Faster On A Dh Sled. Cmon Out We Have A Couple GUys Who Would Let You Borrow Their Bikes For A Run Or Two.

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
OK,won't know quite when I will be coming down,my trials buddy is recovering from knee surgery and we don't want him to rush it. I'll keep checking your thread here and if I can make a special trip down before he's ready I may come alone. Is shuttle road 4wd? I'd could drive my Grand Cherokee and pull my small trailer but I'd rather drive my dually(2wd) or my minivan so I could sleep in them. BTW,any of you guys moto style brakers? I am totally unnerved with swapped brake levers,must be moto style.

jager

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
Hey T-roy how should we go about paying the season pass? Just call Ashley or go through you. I've got to head that way soon for work, we will have to ride.

OK,won't know quite when I will be coming down,my trials buddy is recovering from knee surgery and we don't want him to rush it. I'll keep checking your thread here and if I can make a special trip down before he's ready I may come alone. Is shuttle road 4wd? I'd could drive my Grand Cherokee and pull my small trailer but I'd rather drive my dually(2wd) or my minivan so I could sleep in them. BTW,any of you guys moto style brakers? I am totally unnerved with swapped brake levers,must be moto style.
Yes your 2wd drive is ok for shuttling. Its a paved road.
Me and a buddy will gladly give you a run or 2 on our DH bikes but will have to swap the brake levers around.

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
Yes your 2wd drive is ok for shuttling. Its a paved road.
Me and a buddy will gladly give you a run or 2 on our DH bikes but will have to swap the brake levers around.

Thanks,would definitely trade a bunch of shuttle driving for a couple of DH runs! Bought a better fork for my Kona and I will see how it feels(Rock Shock Sektor on there now is worse than any SSV Marzocchi) I can use mine at least for a slow speed inspection run(All my runs will be slow!)

davo425

Chimp
Feb 9, 2011
You definitely want to borrow Troy or Loo's DH bike, ttc is raw and nasty, first 200ft of elevation loss on that side is super steep also. You'll have a lot more fun and thorough inspection run with the DH bike for sure.

htrdoug

Chimp
Nov 25, 2001
So.Indiana
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/301457/

OK,I see,AM bike would be hard on my old body unless I just crept down.I assume there are routes around the big drops? I cannot slam down anymore.
Are your routes marked at intersections? I wouldn't want to have someone stuck with "Grandpa" sitting all the way down.I was checking at a national Trials event several years ago and when coming down from most of the way up the mountain got off route,I realize you're gonna come out at the parking area but if I didn't show up it's a helluva lot of area to search,Not interested in spoiling anyone's weekend.
How often are you guys riding there?

davo425

Chimp
Feb 9, 2011
There are 'go arounds' on all features and all routes are marked at all intersections but really you can just follow the mtb ruts and single track in the worse case to get back to the main parking area.......
I recommend just coming on a ride weekend. You'll enjoy it much more with nothing to worry about except for riding and having a good time. We will show you around the mountain. Join the TTC Facebook group to keep up with when we are riding or just post up a message and see who's interested in riding whatever weekend you want to make it. TTCDH is the ****. https://www.facebook.com/groups/279412218762485/