Quantcast

tttttttuesdayyyyyy gfmt

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Working on site today. I need to track down some coffee before my 8:30 call but the cafeteria is *way the fuck* over there. Of course I could be on my way there now if I wasn't talking to you people.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Woke up early and decided to swap out the Alternator on the Toyota. As it failed. Pretty easy except that it was 20F out. It went OK. Battery checked out and the Voltage was spot on at the battery. I am pretty sure I was careful to not short out the load terminal (or whatever it is called). I am assuming it is running rough because the ECU needs to be reset. The battery light is off now, and no faults are being reported except for the ABS fault. New serpentine belt for good measure. Inside now. My hands are so cold they hurt. I could only find a 100amp Alternator. The spec one was 90. I am hoping it should work fine. I would like to point out I have never posted here this early. 9 days sober. 21 days is my goal. My sleep is shit. I have a date tonight with a girl I met at Trader Joes. I am very nervous about it. She is super cute and only 26, and we have been talking on the phone for hours all week. She rides bikes too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About to go pickup the car and goto work for the first time in over a week.

Not sure how to touch on this, but sadly the girlfriend's step father passed away last night at the hospital. Complication after complication... she is staying with her mother for now, which is good. I am wrangling the animals.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Caffeinated enough to type semi coherent sentences.

Sorry @canadmos & gf.
@jdcamb do you think she can wheelie?

Other than my lungs still clearing, I think I'm better. I'll test again today and see if I can rejoin society. A week in the house = bored as heck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Sorry @canadmos & gf.

Other than my lungs still clearing, I think I'm better. I'll test again today and see if I can rejoin society. A week in the house = bored as heck.
what flavor of covid do you have this time?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Heading into the office to dropoff all my crap and check my code in before I call it. I will make sure the build isn't broken because I'm not a dick.

A quick look at LinkedIn last night showed promise. I just really wanted to be done with all this crap. I'm too old for this shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ughhhhhhh picked up the car and drove to work, which is about 30km. No oil light.

Less than a km from work, I noticed that the light was started to flicker again. What the frig man. Need to make a phonecall now...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Morning Monkeys.

Heading into the office to dropoff all my crap and check my code in before I call it. I will make sure the build isn't broken because I'm not a dick.

A quick look at LinkedIn last night showed promise. I just really wanted to be done with all this crap. I'm too old for this shit.
@jimmydean what do you do again, IT? I'll check with my company for anything good.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I had mountaineering and avalanche dreams last night, walked into the kitchen and the sourdough starter which had done nothing 6 hours ago had gone nuts and overflowed the crock pot and puddled onto the counter Hmmmn

espresso and oatmeal consumed, off to work in about 15 minutes. only 8 transports on my list today :banana:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Sorry @canadmos & gf.

If she can ride a wheelie. I will have to bail.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Is there a single goddamn air mattress that doesn't lose a ton of air within four hours? 11 of us staying in the house, I'm on an air mattress for reasons. Threw my back out a little shoveling dirt on the grave, air mattress was mushy by 3:00 AM.
Grumble.
Thanks for letting me bitch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:banghead:

Some days I feel like I chose the wrong career path. Today is one of those days. Yesterday too. Come of it, so was the day before that, and the one before that too.