Quantcast

Tubby's bike park/pump track help

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
now that i have a little bit of space to build on, i'd like some suggestions on what to do with the space. i was thinking of a pump track but the oval is kinda small and it slopes at one end. i have plenty of pics to show what i have to work with.

my goal is to have something for me and noah to practice on, something that is big enough for me to get something out of and tame enough that noah can learn and progress on.

i guess i'll throw out the rest with the pics..

here is my "oval" section that i mowed out. i can expand it if need be

same area from the top section

same area showing where i can clear it out. the grass field isn't technically mine but it's owned by some bigwig that has never even come out there to mow it.

this is the entrance/exit area into the oval track part

better shot of the above that shows where it leads into my yard. nice freeride stunt potential

top area of my back yard. area to the left and behind the shed leads to the oval track. was thinking about a line of dj's on that path then drop into the pump track?

another option. fenced in dog run...too many trees to get around though

so throw out some ideas y'all! i'll be ready to start working on it in about a month when i have the inside of the house squared away.

and yes, that's a butload of poison oak/ivy around the oval track. i sprayed it with diesel fuel the other day so it is now slowly dying :dead:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I suggest a pump track. Don't worry about it going slightly downhill/uphill. Placing rollers correctly can get you back up the hill. As you build the pump track, you'll learn how far apart the rollers need to be and how high the berms need to be to build/maintain speed. But build with an open mind and be willing to adapt the flow to what the terrain gives you. Its hard to plan it out. Just build a few rollers into and out of a berm and see how it feels.