Quantcast

Tubeless CX tires..........

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody know of any. Here's my thing, I'm getting a set of rollers free and I want to be able to use them with my XC fs bike however I know I can't run the tires I have on them. Any suggestions?
I could probably run tubes I guess but that would be my last resort. Also I could use the tires in the spring when I'll be riding on the roads.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
They're not CX tires but we've sealed Ritchey Tom Slicks up tubeless on standard rims. I assume you have a UST setup so all you would really need is some sealant to help seal the tire carcass and help with punctures when you take to the roads in the spring. See my sig if you don't know where to get sealant.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Mike B.
They're not CX tires but we've sealed Ritchey Tom Slicks up tubeless on standard rims. I assume you have a UST setup so all you would really need is some sealant to help seal the tire carcass and help with punctures when you take to the roads in the spring. See my sig if you don't know where to get sealant.
I'm not familiar with Stan's enough but then won't I have all that goop in my tires then?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Originally posted by stosh
I'm not familiar with Stan's enough but then won't I have all that goop in my tires then?
Well it's not really goop per se, it's more a milky consistency. When you want to change tires all you have to do is open one bead and pour the sealant in to some sort of container. You can let the sealant dry to the tire or rinse out with water at that time. It's really not much of a mess because it quickly and easily cleans up with just plain water.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Mike B.
Well it's not really goop per se, it's more a milky consistency. When you want to change tires all you have to do is open one bead and pour the sealant in to some sort of container. You can let the sealant dry to the tire or rinse out with water at that time. It's really not much of a mess because it quickly and easily cleans up with just plain water.

Ohhhh ok.

Hrmmmmmm I'll look into it.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
not sure if it matters, but i've run stans sealant in my mavic ksyrium sl wheels with Mich Pro Race tires, for well over a year now. they ROCK!
he also had some 700c rim strips at one time. i use one in my rear wheel. i tested the front without one, and it still works.
i also run 120psi in each.