Quantcast

Tubeless tape

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i use knockoff kapton tape, two wraps, not wall to wall, basically center channel. I wrapped my rims in 2016. I haven't re-wrapped them despite losing the rear tire a few times and installing a new one. It's super light and works well.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How long do ya shop for tires for? If you could spend the 50g you might save on good rim tape on an insert or thicker tires, I'd do it. Doubt it's that much, but it counts, especially on the rim

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
How long do ya shop for tires for? If you could spend the 50g you might save on good rim tape on an insert or thicker tires, I'd do it. Doubt it's that much, but it counts, especially on the rim
however long it takes to order the lowest priced of one of the 4 or 5 tires worth running where i live, knowing that most likely they are going to show up weighing 25-50g more than stated anyway. sealant dries up and more gets added, your tires get lighter as they wear - it's all inconsequential, really. you'll never notice it in the real world.

however long it takes to order the lowest priced of one of the 4 or 5 tires worth running where i live, knowing that most likely they are going to show up weighing 25-50g more than stated anyway. sealant dries up and more gets added, your tires get lighter as they wear - it's all inconsequential, really. you'll never notice it in the real world.
What, you don't like to spend your time unscrewing the inscrutable?

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
we definitely need a tubeless tape weight comparison.
I find the weight negligible compared to the Black Gorrila tape its heavy. And states absorbing sealant. I've never weight the difference but by my very scientific "this feels lighter" when switching from GT to another type of tape.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh ok. I await the next thread comparing stem alloys and the color of gwins underwear and will discontinue any consideration of easy weight savings in a clean package.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
I've been on Kapton tape for a few weeks and multiple tire changes with Cushcore sometimes. A lot of tape would come undone but 2 wraps of Kapton has held up well.