• UST

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Stans

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
So what's the verdict for you Monkeys? Tubes or tubeless?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I actually use all 3. Tubes are better for high pressure, Stan's works great otherwise, and I even have an UST Nevegal for more sidewall protection, although I run it with a tube.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I was more of a weight weenie I prefered Stans. These days I prefer a full UST setup with Stan's sealant, more reliable.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I'm sold on tubeless. I run a Mavic/Hutchinson combo and can mount the tires with a bike pump. At the expense of a little Stans mess when changing tires, its worth the peace of mind.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Stan's rims and sealant on the trailbike with UST tires.

Stans's strips and sealant on the DH bike with UST tires.

Tubes are for sukkas, I'm so completely over sitting on the side of the trail fixing flats and Tubeless has been straight up amazing in that regard. NO MORE FLATS!!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
To clarify: UST + Stans = UST. In the poll "Stans" means the entire stans conversion kit.

clayton_omer

Chimp
Dec 4, 2008
xtr rims with just stans and normal tires, takes a while to get them sealed up but if you get a large hole or tear a sidewall that the stans wont fix its much easier to put a tube in than a ust

clayton_omer

Chimp
Dec 4, 2008
anybody used glitter in thier stans? i have heard of this making the sealing capabilities better

glitter to stans ratio?

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Specialized airlock tube in the front and tubeless* in the rear on the FS. The other bikes are tubed(X-bike and SS).

*It's a maxxis strip w/ homebrewed latex.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Every bike I currently ride has Notubes rims.
UST is not for me. Too heavy, too easy to burp.

Heck, even my road and 'cross bike have Notubes rims at the moment!

ramjm_2000

Chimp
Dec 27, 2008
Used Stans and the Maxxis rimstrips, went back to tubes. Now that Ive moved to the midwest from the south/eastcoast Im considering going back due to tubeless goat heads. Anyone still use their Maxxis stips?