Quantcast

Tubles DJ and Street tires?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What ufd said. There's nothing wrong with tubes. Tubeless is a pain for street and DJ, and it's really hard to switch tires around.

EDIT: Just remember to use talc in your tubes and it'll feel a lot more supple.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hookworms suck IMO. They're big and heavy. Holy Rollers are even better, but K-rads win because they actually roll.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
ive thought of going tubeless also.. we typically run high pressure than DH guys too. i run about 45-50 at my local spot. dh guys are running 25psi tubeless with no probs.. less chance of burping with the higher pressure.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i have run almost every maxxis tire tubeleless on ex 823's and never had a problem. also the new tioga street tires go up without sealent

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i love running around 70 psi in my street tires. rollls super fast, is super hard to hit the rim on big abubacus and failed air's out of half and quarter pipes. lets just say i have had 4 flats on my street bike in the past 2 years. 3 of those have been running tubes the other one i landed hella sideways on a 360 and rolled the tire off the rim. went to the compressor and was back again riding in 4 minutes