Quantcast

Tubless on dirt jump/ urban bikes???

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
Hey guys,
I wanted to hear your thoughts on this. I have tubeless on my cross country bike and i'st the best. But on a DJ or urban bike I can imagine the tire blowing off on a gnarly wall ride or a sideways landing.
Does anyone run tubeless on there Dj bike???

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
When I rode trails/bmx on 26 I used tubless sb8 at about 60psi. They rolled really fast and I went down 1 tooth in the back at the bmx track because it carried more speed.

But one time I had a slow leak and the back tire was a little soft probably around 40 psi and it rolled through my 180 berm and wedged in the chainstay, locked up the back wheel and I spun out Daytona style. It was actually funny as hell since it was a painless crash.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Hey guys,
I wanted to hear your thoughts on this. I have tubeless on my cross country bike and i'st the best. But on a DJ or urban bike I can imagine the tire blowing off on a gnarly wall ride or a sideways landing.
Does anyone run tubeless on there Dj bike???
I have been on tubeless for DH since 06, and my xc bike since i got it in 08, however, i would NEVER run tubeless on a DJ bike, i see no real weight savings, and at least in my expierience, i get way less pinch flats riding urban. I feel that its asking for trouble, land sideways and rip that **** off.

What would you be gaining? (serious question)

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
i would NEVER run tubeless on a DJ bike, i see no real weight savings, and at least in my expierience, i get way less pinch flats riding urban. I feel that its asking for trouble, land sideways and rip that **** off.

What would you be gaining? (serious question)
Well I would be gaining a lot. Mainly sealing flat protection from thorns. Every single trail here in AZ is littered with them..
Yeah, I agree! I could totally see tires blowing off on a sideways landing.. Like I said in the in OP. I just wondered if anyone had actually done it or had any experience at all with dj tubeless.

nvm though. Im gonna run tubes with Stan's in um!!!