Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
I dunno - that sounds pretty good. :thumb:

I mean, except for the veggie chips. WTF are "veggie chips"?? :think:

-S.S.-
It is what vegetables leave on the trail when they are being herded to market. It sucks when you step on them.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
SkaredShtles said:
I'll bet those are good. Assuming they've got craploads of salt on 'em. :thumb: :D

-S.S.-
Just the right amount of seasoning, I think. Not stupid XXXTREEM CHEEZY like Doritos or Cheeto's or those other death snacks.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what the hell is chicken-fried steak?

btw, i forgot to bring in my leftovers (short ribs...mmmm....) but had a sandwich during a "working lunch". at least it was free.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
what the hell is chicken-fried steak?

btw, i forgot to bring in my leftovers (short ribs...mmmm....) but had a sandwich during a "working lunch". at least it was free.
Do you really not know? :confused: The "original" uses Southern gravy, but this is a bit of a SW version. There's ground chile, chipotle chile, cumin, etc. in both the batter and the gravy. :thumb:

-S.S.-

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
so is it breaded like shake-n-bake?

remember, i'm a new englander. all our white trash cooking involve boiling stuff to death, not frying it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
SkaredShtles said:
So whatcha got?

I've got homemade chicken fried steak with chipotle gravy, mashers, and green beans. :thumb: :drool:

Wings...
Hot, and cajun style. 10 of each.

I don't feel too good now though.
:blah:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
so is it breaded like shake-n-bake?

remember, i'm a new englander. all our white trash cooking involve boiling stuff to death, not frying it.
Yep - sorta like the shake-n-bake. Spot on with the white trash aspect - you can get away with a *crappy* cut of meat since you pound it flat with a meat hammer. :thumb:

-S.S.-

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
soy sauce-laden pork chops fried in olive oil and sake, over soba for me. :thumb:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a banana, an apple, soy nuts, and a bagel.

Man, all this riding makes me hungry

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
why do they even call it "chicken-fried steak". is it because the beef is breaded then fried, ala fried chicken?

i had a Luna bar. gonna go fix a sandwich when i hit Post Quick Reply.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snacks said:
I don't believe you. Please come over tonight and prove you can make that dish. :p
:D

the dinner i had in vancouver on sunday (return trip from whistler) actually made me want to learn how to cook. it was a malay restaurant, and the dish in question was eggplant and prawns?, with soy sauce and spices unknown to me. mmm

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
johnbryanpeters said:
Humus and pita.
Mmm....... sounds good:

hu·mus1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hyms)
n.

A brown or black organic substance consisting of partially or wholly decayed vegetable or animal matter that provides nutrients for plants and increases the ability of soil to retain water.

:D

-S.S.-