Quantcast

^Tues for the money^

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd almost bet money that's taken from the head of the N Fork of the Swan river... with Brewery Hill in the middle...
sounds about right.....i think this was up around there also....maybe a different trail....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fucking mako.....somewhere in colorado.....need to scan a pic of his brother bruce....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just had the wind blow a 30 million dollar airplane about it's Y axis on the ice while I was waiting for the gate to clear. :panic:

My heart rate is through the roof.
Is it your $30 million? Are you responsible for the wind or ice? Were you in imminent danger of being crushed?

If yes on #1 or #2, SFTU you wealthy weather wizard

If no on #3. STFU and toughen up princess.

If yes on #, at least you weren't on a motorcycle.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Was expecting 2-4" and got 6-10" instead. (That's also what I hear yo momma said, but that's another issue entirely.)

Drive in on my Nokians was nice and uneventful. Lots of Denver drivers need new tires and/or a lighter right foot, apparently: saw the aftereffects of some carnage with a Lexus ES having its right side caved in quite nicely.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
toshi....should you ever want to upgrade to the lexus 470....or whatever they are called.....met a guy who has a early one....V8....with over 300,000 problem free miles....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Howdy all. Was expecting 2-4" and got 6-10" instead. (That's also what I hear yo momma said, but that's another issue entirely.)
Sounds like I might need to excavate my car when I get back to DIA on Thursday...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is it your $30 million? Are you responsible for the wind or ice? Were you in imminent danger of being crushed?

If yes on #1 or #2, SFTU you wealthy weather wizard

If no on #3. STFU and toughen up princess.

If yes on #, at least you weren't on a motorcycle.
Possible yes on #3. My point being only that to find ones self suddenly no longer in control of an 87000 lb, (give or take for fuel), 94 foot wide aircraft, is unsettling.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
toshi....should you ever want to upgrade to the lexus 470....or whatever they are called.....met a guy who has a early one....V8....with over 300,000 problem free miles....
That'd be a straight lateral move from my Series 100 Land Cruiser. Same everything except I don't have memory on the seats, wood on the steering wheel, or Lexus badges. I deliberately chose the Toyota version because it's less ugly and less ostentatious, if a 1999-2007 vehicle still carries any snob-factor. :D

But the 450s are so much sexier...

I dig the I-6 in theory, but I like not hanging out with the trucks in the slow lane...

Sounds like I might need to excavate my car when I get back to DIA on Thursday...
Quite possibly yes. If it's been there over the weekend then it probably has a nice coat of ice underneath the latest snow, too. Have fun!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Really going to need some time away from the studio after the holidays. If the weather keeps being unseasonably warm, a short Pisgah trip might be in order. Hotel rates are silly cheap right now.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In prep for tomorrows group ride, I now have a Saint front and an Elixir for a back brake. We will see how many times I go over the bars, due to the Saints being pretty much on or off.

Took a closer look at the Elixir I took off the front and even after a good cleaning, fresh bleed and new pads, one of the pistons is coming out of the bore at a slight angle. This explains why the old pads weren't worn evenly.

Some XT's or something are looking pretty good right now. Oh, I must also mention that I bolted up the Saint brake and got it aligned on the first try. Yay.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In prep for tomorrows group ride, I now have a Saint front and an Elixir for a back brake. We will see how many times I go over the bars, due to the Saints being pretty much on or off.

Took a closer look at the Elixir I took off the front and even after a good cleaning, fresh bleed and new pads, one of the pistons is coming out of the bore at a slight angle. This explains why the old pads weren't worn evenly.

Some XT's or something are looking pretty good right now. Oh, I must also mention that I bolted up the Saint brake and got it aligned on the first try. Yay.
Rofl avid

FB_IMG_1450227147567.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Might melt off some.

Drive in on my Nokians was nice and uneventful. Lots of Denver drivers need new tires and/or a lighter right foot, apparently: saw the aftereffects of some carnage with a Lexus ES having its right side caved in quite nicely.
We got well over a foot vs 8" expected.

Given Wifey is looking for a Highlander, I might want to pick your brain about a Land Cruiser. I'd like to get a non-car that sits 7 and isn't a Suburban.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Given Wifey is looking for a Highlander, I might want to pick your brain about a Land Cruiser. I'd like to get a non-car that sits 7 and isn't a Suburban.
y u not 4runner?
4Runner is small inside. Body on frame has its drawbacks, and less interior volume for the footprint is one of them.

I like my Land Cruiser but if it's for your wife and she wants a Highlander get a Highlander already. :D It'll be better to drive, easier for kid(s) to enter and exit, and perfectly competent with some snow tires on it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi.
weird schedule I've slipped into. kinda like it. no internet at home, prefer it that way. Can get lots of work & reading done that way.
Skied Heavenly today. Day#13. Heavenly has already passed last year's season total & more systems are due to come in for the next 2 weeks. Great time to live in Tahoe.