Quantcast

{=} tues gmt {=}

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
sniped by jonK

didn't sleep much and woke up on the wrong side. come on 5pm.
rear tire was slightly low on Sunday, looked low in the garage yesterday. hmfph.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Guten morgen!

Another busy work day on tap. Looking forward to the holiday tomorrow.

Present. Up early ish. Saw a deer in my compost pile enjoying a buffet of leftover veggies from the garden.
In case you weren't aware, cause some people aren't, meat scraps should not go in compost. Meat decay releases neurotoxins that can be deadly to wildlife. My SIL lost her dog to it. (For you VTs who sat through the state's composting presentation, her dog Mabel got a slide in there)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In case you weren't aware, cause some people aren't, meat scraps should not go in compost. Meat decay releases neurotoxins that can be deadly to wildlife. My SIL lost her dog to it. (For you VTs who sat through the state's composting presentation, her dog Mabel got a slide in there)
yes you caught me. i was growing meat in the garden.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya fellers!! I went for an easy jog this morning. I've got to get a half marathon done by EOD tomorrow for a multi-race thing I am doing, and I will try to tackle that tonight so my Wednesday off from work will be free for some MTB, weather permitting.

I am trying to get a handle on all of my retirement plan stuff. I've got money in two 403b plans, two pension plans, a 401k, a 457b, and I think I have a stock purchase thing kicking around somewhere. My wife is going to be sitting pretty if/when I kick the bucket, especially when you tack on my life insurance.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
something satisfying about a massive colon emptying first thing in the morning...

29 freedums here, easy schedule on tap WIN

One of my guys is 72, lives paycheck to paycheck but works his ass off to keep a roof over his head. I noticed that he was wearing a couple sweatshirts to keep warm, didn't have a warm jacket. I gave him an early Christmas present this morning , a Columbia Down Parka with an attached hood.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Good on you, Eric.

I rolled into work late today because I can (as I'm on an outpatient-only service and wasn't the designated early/7 AM person).

That gave my wife freedom to Peloton in the morning, and me freedom to cook a delicious breakfast for me and the kids. Wagyu hybrid hot dogs, de-skinned as the kids demand; and eggs, scrambled with cheddar and chopped up black garlic, a little cream at the end a la Gordon Ramsey.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I split them lengthwise and flay them open. Then I scrape out the lovely beef-innards with the side of a fork. It's pretty easy and those soft inner pieces are most delicious.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last year was one of the few times I actually get Vets day off and it was because I was working at a bank. I was also a temp, so I didn't get paid for it, either. It's just always seemed like a weird "holiday". Kinda like a failed Hallmark holiday or something.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I purchased some snake river wagyu hotdogs over memorial day weekend when the little store next to made ran out of everything else. Meh, some regular old Nathans at half the price are better. It would seem that a cows butthole tastes better when not regularly massaged and tickled.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkeys.

Last year was one of the few times I actually get Vets day off and it was because I was working at a bank. I was also a temp, so I didn't get paid for it, either. It's just always seemed like a weird "holiday". Kinda like a failed Hallmark holiday or something.

The rest of the world knows it as Armistice Day which ties the date to real events and meaning. I guess it would mean more to Americans if it provided a 3 day weekend and an opportunity to get drunk and bbq.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I purchased some snake river wagyu hotdogs over memorial day weekend when the little store next to made ran out of everything else. Meh, some regular old Nathans at half the price are better. It would seem that a cows butthole tastes better when not regularly massaged and tickled.
that's because you ate the skin

Rookie

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that's because you ate the skin

Rookie
Actually the best part of them was the satisfying crunch that the skin provided. Mush usually isn't a preferred culinary texture. Do you also remove the crust from a nice baguette?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend gave me some Omaha Hotdogs. The expiration date was 3 months out by the time I ate them. They were delicious. No problems were reported. I find most brands of skinless hotdogs kind of Salty. For some reason I am adverse to them as they are called Franks around here... Fallic shaped thing named Frank for consumption...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Actually the best part of them was the satisfying crunch that the skin provided. Mush usually isn't a preferred culinary texture. Do you also remove the crust from a nice baguette?
Moist, tender bites of half-Japanese meat-sticks... mmmmm

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my morning was not good at all....

until i opened this thread.....

thanks.