Quantcast

<<<< tuesday boring tuesday >>>>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I will say most routes through the shit hole known as Indiana are boring as fuck. 65 is pretty much a death trap full of FISH (fucking IL shit head). 70 is the flatness part of the place. 69 is almost interesting, but it really isn’t.
Gary is pretty interesting. Always hoppin!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think they're all equal amounts of boring. Doing a single drive through Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska is the absolute worst.

To make matters worse, parts of Iowa and Nebraska only have a single radio station available- at least that was the case when I last did it.

Driving in Ontario between Kingston and Montreal is also a snoozefest. Same with parts of Quebec. Sometimes you're on a highway lined with tall rows of pine trees, so there's not even a boring view of fields or anything.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
People my age shouldn't be allowed to access Tik Tok in public places, at least young people only make you listen to two seconds of each shitful clip.
Get off my lawn.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have any of you taken a greyhound bus from New York to Denver?

Its boring, but interesting at the same time, as you stop in the absolute worst spots of some cities and random towns. The station in St Louis was absolute sketch. :rofl:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Supposed to vote today, no clue where I put my ballot, and honestly not sure I even care anymore. Voter apathy is me.

Kiddo was up at 2:45 and didn't get back to sleep until we turned into the daycare parking lot, so I think both of us are going to have a weird day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. League night for Haley. Wifey's first night out for league night and first time to karting in almost 3 months. She might be a little surprised by how fast large child has gotten.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shit I'm bored out of my mind.
Want to mount some switches in a rack for me? And figure out how to install 3 meter long cables in a neat fashion interconnecting them....when they are only a few centimeters apart? Not sure why those long ones were ordered, ugh. :dead:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Want to mount some switches in a rack for me? And figure out how to install 3 meter long cables in a neat fashion interconnecting them....when they are only a few centimeters apart? Not sure why those long ones were ordered, ugh. :dead:
Time for creative braiding. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm not sure what takes the cake as the most boring state I've driven through. Indiana and Ohio are probably up there. Montana going west-to-east takes for fucking ever; at least the western part of the state has things to look at.
the only nice thing i have to say about ohio and indiana is that they didn't take as long to drive through as nebraska

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When wifey and I self moved from NYC to CO I was expecting Iowa to be the dullness winner. Nebraska definitely took that crown though on our I-80 route. Sounds like we dodged a bullet avoiding most of Indiana though as we had ducked up into Michigan to rig some elections. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Geez, how bad can Indiana be ? It’s not in Florida is it ?
It's the Florida of the Midwest. Wait. Maybe that's Ohio. Or Michigan. :D

<snip? But ya, no traffic and inexpensive living.
I mean... there's a *reason* for that. :p

I will say most routes through the shit hole known as Indiana are boring as fuck. 65 is pretty much a death trap full of FISH (fucking IL shit head). 70 is the flatness part of the place. 69 is almost interesting, but it really isn’t.
69, dude!

I'm not sure what takes the cake as the most boring state I've driven through. Indiana and Ohio are probably up there. Montana going west-to-east takes for fucking ever; at least the western part of the state has things to look at.
Let's not forget Kansas and Texas!

I enjoyed western Nebraska and the Ogallala area.
Were you getting a knobber? 'Cause that's the only way I could imagine actually "enjoying" western NE and Ogallala. :D

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Fuckin' fuckin fuck it!

Get to hospital a 6pm get all tests done in about an hour, at 2:15am I get told that there are five people inside that will get seen before me.
I understand that shit gets busy but why not go for an earlier warning about the wait? She warned others that arrived after me so I figured chest pain trumped what they had so I figured I'd ride it out.

I guess one shitty experience isn't bad out of probably ten visits and they are all at no cost to me, coz, not America.
6:15 wake up will be fun.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuckin' fuckin fuck it!

Get to hospital a 6pm get all tests done in about an hour, at 2:15am I get told that there are five people inside that will get seen before me.
I understand that shit gets busy but why not go for an earlier warning about the wait? She warned others that arrived after me so I figured chest pain trumped what they had so I figured I'd ride it out.

I guess one shitty experience isn't bad out of probably ten visits and they are all at no cost to me, coz, not America.
Murica you'd be charged $10k for taking up space in the waiting room for that long.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fuckin' fuckin fuck it!

My most entertaining Murican ER visit started with a tear in abdomen while fully insured, 7PM check-in into a in-network hospital, 1AM brief inspection by an out-of-network ER doctor (30s), then stitching by a nurse. It ended a year later with debt collectors because the asshole sent his $300 bill to a wrong address.

Murican ER stories always win. :crazy:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuckin' fuckin fuck it!

Hospitals here are sometimes like that with long waits in the ER. But mostly from people going and clogging the room when they could just go to any regular doctors office to get checked out.

I've learned that if I walk in and say something is suspected broken, then you get bumped to the front of the line pretty quickly. I once broke my hand/thumb on a Sunday but didn't really thing it was broken, went to work and the bossman told me to go get it checked out. I told the intake nurse exactly why I was there, that work told me to go and it didn't seem like a huge deal, but even then they bumped me up.

Also had croup and asthma symptoms quite bad as a child. Memories of sitting in the ER, short of breath, just waiting to be looked at. Those were fun nights.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In the early 2000s when I was living in Asheville there were two hospitals with ERs right across the street from each other. One was staffed by mountain bikers and gave priority to other riders. Took a friend on a Saturday night with a broken collar bone from dual slalom practice. In and out in under two hours. The attending physician took one look at my friend then turned to me and asked if I passed him in the air at Bent Creek a few days ago. The other ER thought that everyone who came in there was out to scam drugs. I went for a concussion and fractured clavicle and it was clear to them that I was faking it only to get drugs. I had to plead with them to refill my prescription for muscle relaxers and explain my history of back injuries. They absolutely would not even offer anything for pain. Keep in mind my shoulder was broken and I had blurred vision. Nothing, not that I wanted any oxy bullshit, but not even a strong NSAID. Bunch of dicks in that place.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gonna go watch my kid’s robotics competition. I guess he built a projectile device for their robot. that was loosely based off of how automatic tennis ball-launchers work. Pretty creative. He’s a total peacenik, though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20220607_222552.jpg

smart adapter...technically....it should AF....technically....or crash the camera...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Qualified 1st; finished 2nd. Got passed after getting stuck behind lap traffic halfway through final lap. Mele' in the final turn involving places 1-4 and 8-10 mixed up. Multiple higher place cars blocked in lap traffic and passed, while she got spun and came across in 6th, but video showed she was in 2nd before getting hit and spun by lap traffic. So, after video review (thankfully some of the Dad's record the races), positions were corrected and she got bumped back up to 2nd.

Kid that got 1st she was dominating. 5+ karts up most of the race. His dad told us after the race that she needs to join CO Karting Tour (CKT), given how competitive she is already, especially given her age.

This should put her 4th or 5th overall. I'll know at some point tomorrow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So the place where I have been parking to ride has been getting sketchier by the day. Last week I noticed some obvious gang activity, but they were polite. This afternoon, around the time I would be hitting the trail, a guy was shot near the trailhead. Good thing my dad needed some help this afternoon.