Quantcast

#%*!Tuesday Damnit !*%#

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
After four days of banging out some 7:30 wake ups, getting up at 5:00 this morning proved difficult. I got it done though and dragged myself to the pool for a 2600 yard swim. Working from home today, so I'll cram in a bike and run too.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
woke up with a migraine. nice. On my usual cocktail of medicines, surprisingly don't feel that bad. Sure would not like to do this ever again though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Slept like crap. And had to get up at 6am for an emergency deposit in the can.

Also joined an 8am meeting, which is usually forbidden in my books, to help out the guys at another building. I join and then promptly get a message saying "sorry will be late stuck in traffic". So not only did the meeting not need to happen, but you have obviously not done the other work needed for this meeting.

OH WELL.

Off to the next meeting.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
but they are already almost an hour late
The contractor who came and quoted me for some framing work on Friday, who I messaged agreeing to his quote later that day ghosted me on my text and call yesterday inquiring on status for starting the work. FTS.

Also, counting down to the weekend as work is FTL.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Still sick and trying to tread water with life/work while I recover, with moderate success. I just love blowing and coughing boogers everywhere.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Slept poorly, need coffee.

Yesterday's low-key day was a failure. We lounged around for a bit, and went to a brewpub for lunch, but we traded in the wife's 2009 falling-apart Murano in between. Picked up a new Traverse, because she preferred that over the CX-9 I was nudging her towards. Woke up at 1am and had the "what was I thinkings" for a few hours.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Slept poorly, need coffee.

Yesterday's low-key day was a failure. We lounged around for a bit, and went to a brewpub for lunch, but we traded in the wife's 2009 falling-apart Murano in between. Picked up a new Traverse, because she preferred that over the CX-9 I was nudging her towards. Woke up at 1am and had the "what was I thinkings" for a few hours.
Got a Chevy instead of the Mazda, eh? :popcorn: :D

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

:banghead:. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT wear camo riding apparel while riding during hunting season.
Not to over estimate the intelligence of a white tail hunter is always wise. One could argue if you can’t tell the difference between a deer and a human on a bicycle, you shouldn’t be hunting. But then again, the whole intelligence thing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

:banghead:. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT wear camo riding apparel while riding during hunting season.
i have a couple bright orange riding jerseys and a pair of bright orange shorts specifically for hunting season. at one point TLD had some stuff that is essentially blaze orange.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did he misplace a decimal point?
Thankfully he resurfaced and is hopefully currently buying supplies to come do the job today before the shitty weather due tomorrow and Thursday (replacing 2x outdoors garage door frames)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Uh oh... story time?
home ownership amirite?

when we had the carpet guys out for the quote we asked if they could fix the floors squeaking, and we told them we were pretty sure they had just carpeted over old hardwood floors. they said they could fix most of the squeaking, but not all of it. sure ok no problem. we had to pull some carpet up, confirmed that there was indeed old hardwood floor underneath, and that it was super old and shitty (and actually pulling apart in some places). had my wife take pictures and go to the shop to show them to confirm if the confirmation of the old hardwood floor would impact the job - specifically addressing the squeaking floor. they said no that's no problem and they can still address it.

guys show up for the job today, take one look at the old hardwood flooring and say they can't fix it. FSP. :rant: it's bad enough the job is on hold while we play phone tag to discuss other options.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
home ownership amirite?

when we had the carpet guys out for the quote we asked if they could fix the floors squeaking, and we told them we were pretty sure they had just carpeted over old hardwood floors. they said they could fix most of the squeaking, but not all of it. sure ok no problem. we had to pull some carpet up, confirmed that there was indeed old hardwood floor underneath, and that it was super old and shitty (and actually pulling apart in some places). had my wife take pictures and go to the shop to show them to confirm if the confirmation of the old hardwood floor would impact the job - specifically addressing the squeaking floor. they said no that's no problem and they can still address it.

guys show up for the job today, take one look at the old hardwood flooring and say they can't fix it. FSP. :rant: it's bad enough the job is on hold while we play phone tag to discuss other options.
well, $2800 later they are now going to rip out the old garbage hardwood flooring and put down plywood subfloor before installing the carpet.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And is that what her's is? Cause uh, thats a lot of money.
That's what horses that win national titles at Grand Prix go for (and more). We have two interested parties that have that kind of FU money that want to compete at the National / International level. The young horse she is keeping has more talent than this one, Ruth just is getting worn out between work and training two horses a day so she is selling the one that will pretty much pay off our home loan when she sells it.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
That's what horses that win national titles at Grand Prix go for (and more). We have two interested parties that have that kind of FU money that want to compete at the National / International level. The young horse she is keeping has more talent than this one, Ruth just is getting worn out between work and training two horses a day so she is selling the one that will pretty much pay off our home loan when she sells it.
New bike day

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
actually the selling price is $275,000 for a proven Grand Prix horse
thats a lot of steaks

does that mean you can retire?