Quantcast

#%*!Tuesday Damnit !*%#

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Hospitalized elderly family member. The hits keep coming. He’s been in the ICU long enough that his wife is finding secret credit card bills for large amounts of money. Now I’m getting asked to help sort things out while he’s incapacitated.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also found out one of the neighbor's kids has been bullying my son. we knew there had been a few instances where he was getting picked on by this kid (whom our son considered a friend). but a call from the school counselor informed us it was more extensive than we were aware.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Enroll your kid in Martial Arts so he can at least stand up for himself mentally if not physically. Knowing that you can defend yourself against a bully and that they can't really hurt you usually precludes having to physically defend yourself from them.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
well, $2800 later they are now going to rip out the old garbage hardwood flooring and put down plywood subfloor before installing the carpet.
Make damn sure they use screws and not nails. Ask if they do, then watch to make sure. Otherwise your new subfloor will develop a squeak. And probably long after any “guarantee” they offer has long expired. Bunch of mutherfuckin, useless, goddamn hacks…sorry hit a nerve…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Make damn sure they use screws and not nails. Ask if they do, then watch to make sure. Otherwise your new subfloor will develop a squeak. And probably long after any “guarantee” they offer has long expired. Bunch of mutherfuckin, useless, goddamn hacks…sorry hit a nerve…
Is this one of those "ask me how I know" type of deals?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
60 easy min on Peloton down during one work Zoom (camera off and actually didn't have to say a word--large group CT dose/protocol meeting, as exciting in reality as it sounds).

Planning on 60 more of the same at noon during another Zoom for training on a piece of software, after picking up the Starlink box from the Fedex storefront. Got to change out of the bibs temporarily for that, hmph

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
also found out one of the neighbor's kids has been bullying my son. we knew there had been a few instances where he was getting picked on by this kid (whom our son considered a friend). but a call from the school counselor informed us it was more extensive than we were aware.
Do you think the parents know? I mean if they're neighbors and not loons, maybe share a punt with them and bring it up.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice sunny fall day and I saw my chance for what is most likely the last road ride in shorts. Managed 31.2 Km/t over 1,5 hour of riding which I am quite happy with considering I had not ridden for a year before I got back to riding late July. Have to see if I can get the motivation going for riding the road or just go back to full time mtb for the fall and winter. So much easier to stay warm in the woods.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Glue and screw. Buy a case of Liquid Nails and squirt that shit on everything. Take no chances, cause getting rid of squeaks after the fact is such a PITA.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Physical or verbal? Either way, shit situation. I hope the parents are reasonable people, though often times kids model their behavior after what they are exposed to.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
View attachment 182164

Also - I find it amusing almost all the parenting advice is coming from people who have never had kids. :rofl:
Yeah but I was bullied and beat up as a kid. It stopped when I took Martial Arts and learned how to respect and stand up for myself. All it ended up taking was standing up to one of them and all the rest stopped. 99% of ending it was mental on my part.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm teaching a very large class (close to 200 people) for the account I took over on near-retirement planning. The scope is pretty large - Medicare, SSI, investments, inflation, budgeting, debt payoff, etc. Lots of topics and 45min to do it in. Topics were requested by the plan, so have to hit them all. And it's being recorded for publication, so I need to stay on compliance approved verbiage. Given the amount of topics, I've cropped down a 1.5hr class as much as possible, but still have over 60 slides. It's gonna be a go-fast class, have your notepads ready, and then open q&a at the end (off recording).

I just got an email from them asking if I wanted to use the same slides as former rep (who quit). 8 slides, 4 of which are compliance disclosures, 2 are intro to the company. I'm not sure wtf she was going to present, but wtf!?

I can think of a number of ways that there would be compliance violations. I will drift off on non-recorded classes, but never in a recorded class. And that's standard for most people. But WTF?!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Physical or verbal? Either way, shit situation. I hope the parents are reasonable people, though often times kids model their behavior after what they are exposed to.
a bit of both, minor stuff in the big scheme of things (we're talking about first and second graders here). we know the parents (they live across the street diagonally). they've mentioned having some issues with him previously. our school district has a zero tolerance policy on bullying, so given that we got a call about it, I'm assuming his parents have as well. should also note both his parents are teachers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm teaching a very large class (close to 200 people) for the account I took over on near-retirement planning. The scope is pretty large - Medicare, SSI, investments, inflation, budgeting, debt payoff, etc. Lots of topics and 45min to do it in. Topics were requested by the plan, so have to hit them all. And it's being recorded for publication, so I need to stay on compliance approved verbiage. Given the amount of topics, I've cropped down a 1.5hr class as much as possible, but still have over 60 slides. It's gonna be a go-fast class, have your notepads ready, and then open q&a at the end (off recording).

I just got an email from them asking if I wanted to use the same slides as former rep (who quit). 8 slides, 4 of which are compliance disclosures, 2 are intro to the company. I'm not sure wtf she was going to present, but wtf!?

I can think of a number of ways that there would be compliance violations. I will drift off on non-recorded classes, but never in a recorded class. And that's standard for most people. But WTF?!
"i'll just talk to the slides"

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hospitalized elderly family member. The hits keep coming. He’s been in the ICU long enough that his wife is finding secret credit card bills for large amounts of money. Now I’m getting asked to help sort things out while he’s incapacitated.
Lots of :thumbsdown:

I'll third the martial arts suggestion. My daughter is a a pretty quiet, artsy, school orchestra, book nerd type. We got her into a Brazilian Jujitsu/MMA school here in town about a year ago, the difference it's made in her self confidence is honestly kind of amazing. She's approaching it these days with the same full commitment that she applies to her violin. The dichotomy of those two interests is also pretty amazing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
...after picking up the Starlink box from the Fedex storefront. Got to change out of the bibs temporarily for that, hmph
Clearly you should just one wheel over there in your bibs.
Glue and screw. Buy a case of Liquid Nails and squirt that shit on everything. Take no chances, cause getting rid of squeaks after the fact is such a PITA.
Our wooden floors squeak in all rooms of our house. But we've got underfloor radiant heating so I can't randomly start banging in the thin nail things normally used to fix squeaks :shakefist:
Got the bill for teh ambulance ride last week or whenever that was. A whopping $45. Need to see if my insurance will cover it..
Sounds terrible. I'm at about $800 so far in bills for my COVID stuff from July. I know the next big bill I'm still due is about $1900 for the 2+ days in acute care (which is way less than I was expecting). But still don't know what my ambulance ride will cost me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sounds terrible. I'm at about $800 so far in bills for my COVID stuff from July. I know the next big bill I'm still due is about $1900 for the 2+ days in acute care (which is way less than I was expecting). But still don't know what my ambulance ride will cost me.
You didn't stop having an emergency for a second to ask about the cost of ambulance rides prior to receiving one so you could cost compare as the American Healthcare system expects one to do?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Clearly you should just one wheel over there in your bibs.

Our wooden floors squeak in all rooms of our house. But we've got underfloor radiant heating so I can't randomly start banging in the thin nail things normally used to fix squeaks :shakefist:

Yeah I'm totally thankful that it doesn't cost more, it was about a 30 minute ride. I'm sure most of the actual cost is covered by our provincial Healthcare. I was just kind of surprised that it wasn't like $100 or something. It was definitely cheaper than if I had called a taxi.

Hopefully your bills don't stack up too large or at least get some sort of coverage or forgiveness.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You didn't stop having an emergency for a second to ask about the cost of ambulance rides prior to receiving one so you could cost compare as the American Healthcare system expects one to do?
Unfortunately as the first ER in Park City noped out of wanting to treat me and sent me on my way back down to SLC I was busy trying to remain alive :(

Another day in the limbo, yay.
If you were to bring your bike up Saturday you might find it interesting...

:banghead:. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT wear camo riding apparel while riding during hunting season.
I tend to wear ordinary clothes up here. Once in 22 years I have observed a rifle being raised, and it wound being a cordial exchange.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
instead of wrapping up by midday tomorrow, carpet install will now stretch into thursday. going to have to assess sleeping arrangements tonight.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Pulling credit report to find open accounts in 3..2...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
60 easy min on Peloton down during one work Zoom (camera off and actually didn't have to say a word--large group CT dose/protocol meeting, as exciting in reality as it sounds).

Planning on 60 more of the same at noon during another Zoom for training on a piece of software, after picking up the Starlink box from the Fedex storefront. Got to change out of the bibs temporarily for that, hmph
Peloton?
what is this, 2021?
Who is the president now?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's fucking toast. She decided to stay after school for a class kickball game, but didn't tell us. She was sending me msgs via chat, but I was on a call, so didn't get them. Wifey "went for a walk" with Layla heading towards the school.