Quantcast

** Tuesday Flu Day ***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
coffee nao!
trying to get back on the training wagon. it's working a little. I need to balance the "5am workout" and the "adequate sleep" appropriately, which may mean alternating workout days.
Looks like I will purchase a new shock, based on two-one's suggestions

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
flu free for the last 35+ years...

waiting for this to show up

Screenshot_20240109_071838_Amazon Shopping.jpg

but i think i also ordered it on audible...

hot chocolate in my future...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Prepping for a decent snowstorm. Looks like we might get up to 16 inches by tomorrow. So errands today and like @Adventurous , getting ready for some power outages.

But first, le fatbike.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
WFH yesterday and today. Need the peace and quiet to get the semester organized.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I echo the Northeast weather comments. I've been activated for storm duty for work starting tomorrow. Booooo!!! Strong wind is expected to bring down power lines.

Oh, I ran five easy miles before sunrise.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Frig, woke up at 4am with the worst indigestion. Even after popping some tums it never went away. Finally starting to fall back asleep at the same moment my alarm went off. :dead: :dead: :dead:

Incoming snow storm, I guess?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching ishitani youtube video on making a kigumi bed....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have not run five miles yet this morning. No plans to run five miles later today either.
No new snow forecast for a couple of days, but it's hella windy out there. It's pretty warm at 20 freedums compared to down in Kansas though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
might be a bad night in new england...we're sitting on about 8-12" of snow with 2" of rain incoming. Rivers are already high...I expect significant flooding, possible snow days, and a bad commute if nothing else.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
might be a bad night in new england...we're sitting on about 8-12" of snow with 2" of rain incoming. Rivers are already high...I expect significant flooding, possible snow days, and a bad commute if nothing else.
Have you considered buying a boat?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Have not run five miles yet this morning. No plans to run five miles later today either.
No new snow forecast for a couple of days, but it's hella windy out there. It's pretty warm at 20 freedums compared to down in Kansas though.
18F here. 6F down in God’s Country(tm)
Have you considered buying a boat?
Gff has an extra

/me is testifying in a trial today. Errands before that.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
If you build it, they will come.

Welcome back folks to day three of the subfloor shit show, for a quick recap till now you can see on the instant replay about 7 trips to Home Depot, 3 tools runs, 4 random jaunts to Ace and a couple of trips to Lowe’s. Looks like today might be the day to get shit back together. Stay tuned and we might see some progress. But first, a word from our sponsors

in other news,

bought the Klein advanced wire tracer kit, found a wire that is on three different breaker circuits. Calling Guinness world records and the local news

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My phone said high wind warnings and the amount of debris on my commute can confirm. Lucky there was a short break in the rain for walkies and the pouring happened right afterwards. There is entirely too much rain coming down. Be safe out there, Monkeys. I would be sheltering in place if I could.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
schools cancelled and work from home...so far just a bit of rain. i can see the line of storms to the southwest moving to the north northeast...wonder if they'll make it to us or stay to the west and slide up along the mountains...

not much on tap other than a zoom meeting or two and taking the 13yo to physical therapy for his knee

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Finally on trial for your B&E tickling crimes?

(Can't find @kidwoo 's wanted poster :D)
today is being state's witness on behalf of a woman injured in a motor vehicle collision by the perp in question

Thursday is being plaintiff's expert in a different trial, in Arizona, on behalf of the family of a woman who died after a diagnosis that should not have been missed was missed

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
woke up early (6:10 am) for no apparent reason. youngest child was awake 20 minutes later. said he didn't feel well (it is the second day of school after all... who wouldn't feel ill?! :rolleyes:). At 7am we all head down for breakfast, and he runs to the bathroom and starts projectile vomiting. poor kid. He's been sick 4x now... good thing I can WFH. He's sitting next to me binging Netflix. So far he's watch My Spy and played Switch. He's now watching the movie where some white suburban kid switches basketball powers with Lebron James... Oh to be 10 years old again!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What does this entail? You get a radio and safety vest?
I have to go stand by downed wires to warn drivers and pedestrians to stay away, don't drive over them, don't touch them, don't even look at them.....because people need to be told not to touch downed and potentially live power lines. I stand by until repairs crews arrive, then I go to another location. I have:

safety vest
safety helmet
safety glasses
flashing light for my car
large EMERGENCY RESPONDER magnet for my car
traffic cones
No radio...I use my cell phone

I have to pack for a 16 hour shift. I get paid OT at straight time over 8 hours even though I am salaried.