Quantcast

*****tuesday gfmt*****

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
yesterdays delayed morning constitutional will not be denied.

brb.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
back at work. still stupid humid out. the simple act of walking out the door and pulling my bike out of my locker made me break a sweat. and it's only 68°F out. ugh.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I struggled so hard to wake up this morning. The traffic sucked too and the assholes in their pickup trucks were out in full force. On top of that, it is cloudy, slightly raining and humid out. I also have a headache.

Happy Monday!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Man, I could get used to those three day weekends. Got ungodly stumbling around hammered on Saturday while playing golf (after all, how else can one enjoy it) and still managed to break 80. That was after shooting a 73 on the front 18. Lulz. :rofl:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holy shit I'm alive after Sundays ride! 24 miles with 5300' climbing and the gnarliest descent I've ridden in awhile. I had a couple geniune, "OH SHIT" moments.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really nice trip to the Outer Bank. Great weather and some really fun big waves. Riding was not as good as I had hoped for. They have not done a good job making room for road bikes and there are way too many lifted redneck trucks that can't go into turns without moving into the sliver of a space there is for bikes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shenandoah Mountain 100 was over the weekend. I did not participate due to being fat and lazy this year, long list of friends were there. Conditions were perfect. Sadly a rider died after hitting a tree. Not sure of the exact location but it was in an area known for pretty awesome and rocky descents, RIP.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I'm engaging in self-flagellation via trying to change configuration/upgrade my Hackintosh. So far I've managed to upgrade the RAM and get it to still boot (after swapping around slot positions so it's not paired any more--stupid finicky motherboard). Still up at some point: getting USB 3.0 ports to work, getting USB to gigabit Ethernet adapter to work, and possibly getting a PCI gigabit Ethernet adapter to work in its stead.

End goal is for moar faster shimz-ness and for Matlab to run on the Mac side of things. (It does not play nicely with my USB network adapter setup since some machine ID is apparently generated with the assumption that an interface exists on eth0. Gah.)

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Rode Whislter on Friday and Saturday in just about the best conditions I've been lucky enough to ride.

Decided to not push my luck (vs bike and/or wife induced injury) and headed home for Sunday/Monday with the family. Went on a light hike with post-DH lap creaky bones with the youngest in the kid carrier. That kid is getting heavy... The 3.5 year old managed the hike on his own two feet. That was kinda nice.

Was dark when I got up for work today. Teh suck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The washroom in the front office at this building must have the heat on, it is balls hot in there. Is that a hint to spend less time in there?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Did not ride or run this weekend... Worked on the bathroom (paint is done, ready for floor, then fixtures now!) and did a lot of tree clean up! Buffalo tested out some tree climbing gear and removed some dangerous looking (and sun blocking) branches off of a leaning tree. I don't remember much else from the weekend!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Howdy all. I'm engaging in self-flagellation via trying to change configuration/upgrade my Hackintosh. So far I've managed to upgrade the RAM and get it to still boot (after swapping around slot positions so it's not paired any more--stupid finicky motherboard). Still up at some point: getting USB 3.0 ports to work, getting USB to gigabit Ethernet adapter to work, and possibly getting a PCI gigabit Ethernet adapter to work in its stead.
i'd have better luck reading/understanding sanskrit than understanding anything in this post.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Translation: Bought a Mac. Now:

Hackintosh. This all stems from forcing OS X to run on non-Apple hardware. Latest: I installed the USB 3.0 drivers... and now the thing won't boot at all. It gets to the bootloader and then hangs in the boot sequence. :facepalm:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Do you ever talk to yourself on a ride? I just got caught doing it...

Not only was I talking to myself, but I was cursing at the hill I was going up... "I F'n hate this hill......wait I F'n hate all hills..." about ten seconds later I crested the hill and found this nice daughter/mother combo taking a rest on their bikes. I quickly smiled and took off like nothing happened...and just about hit a tree trying to get away. Winner.

:clapping:

Oh yeah, it is balls hot out.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
9 night miles tonight, in scorching heat and humidity. It is hard to believe that the hottest day of this year came after the Labor day weekend.

Now nursing my wounds with Indian take out and G&T.