Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
any canadians ever been to nahanni national park?

might have to add it to the bucket list...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What a crappy commute to work the last two days have been. This is why I show up to work at 9am and not before 8am.

Another day in the shitshow here.

First up is some coffee.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
any canadians ever been to nahanni national park?

might have to add it to the bucket list...
Lots have, it being a national park and all...

but I think what you're asking is whether any Canadian monkeys have been. I haven't, but a few friends have, and my former step-dad did. Sounds like a nice place. I think you need to have a guide though. And you have to carry all your poop out with you. As in, you put a plastic bag in a bucket, poop in there, and pack it out with you... apparently, a barrel gets dedicated for this purpose.

Another cool place to add to your bucket list should be Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland. It's at the opposite end of the country, and it's a hike rather than a paddle, but hot damn does it ever look awesome:

As for me today, I'd rather have taken the day off, to recover some more, but shit has hit the fan at work, so I must suck it up and sit at my desk. :thumbsdown:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Shit show at work but I'm not involved so it's amusing to watch, as it's something I knew was going to happen. Basically someone who was already too busy insisted on taking on one of my projects, despite my caution against doing so. And now has missed every deadline at every step of the way by a lot, which is stressing everyone else involved out.

Big cup of coffee is doing me right. Gym tonight. Might be able to sneak in a ride tomorrow afternoon. Sunny and 70s all week. Perfect.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Almost went Old Yeller on the dog when I came home to discover that he (doubt it was my little girl) had dug two healthy sized holes in an area that I put down landscape fabric and gravel in recently. What a fucking asshole.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
but I think what you're asking is whether any Canadian monkeys have been. I haven't, but a few friends have, and my former step-dad did. Sounds like a nice place. I think you need to have a guide though. And you have to carry all your poop out with you. As in, you put a plastic bag in a bucket, poop in there, and pack it out with you... apparently, a barrel gets dedicated for this purpose.

Another cool place to add to your bucket list should be Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland. It's at the opposite end of the country, and it's a hike rather than a paddle, but hot damn does it ever look awesome:
that is what i meant to say.....looked into gros morne....i remember one of my aunts going to newfoundland and going there.....it seems that my great grandmother was born in newfoundland...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin!

Almost went Old Yeller on the dog when I came home to discover that he (doubt it was my little girl) had dug two healthy sized holes in an area that I put down landscape fabric and gravel in recently. What a fucking asshole.
my brothers new ridgeback is a digger......his first one was just interested in sunning his prodigious balls on the patio out back....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Nothing on the agenda today but I did learn yesterday that I have a new boss but I probably won't hear from her until April as I am just 1 of 20 on her org chart. Happly Tuesday!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what the day holds, it is an adventure in software here every day. One way on another, it is my Thursday this week, so my level of interest is low. Moar coffee indeed.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Super nice weather in NYC this week some of the warmest mid March weather I have seen in a very long time so bike ride to work was really nice.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Holdin it down here. I'll probably ride this afternoon if the weather holds out. I just came across free pizza left over from a City Council meeting last night. SCORE!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
And a glorious morning it is, no rain forecast duing the shift. Down to 230 pounds, all my clothes are now baggy, can't believe I have lost 45 pounds.
since christmas...6 to 7 pounds a week?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wrong wheel drive or not, I'd still flog it heavily.

Also, referring to a Volkswagen (German car company) as a storm trooper is bad. Like invading Poland in 1939 bad.
I could see beating the piss out of it, but fwd is only funny for a little while. No donuts, no care.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
*wd race car >> *wd street car. Because race car, of course.

I am at work today after a minimally productive academic day yesterday. I shall have another academic day on Thursday as well. I like this schedule. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
he got the hair and complexion from my wife. he got my eyes and size, and subsequently my appetite. 1 year old and already loves bean enchiladas
Ginger? I would not have called her a ginger. [runs to FB]

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ginger? I would not have called her a ginger. [runs to FB]
her hair was bright red until she was maybe 10-12? i'd have to ask her. she did some ginger research, apparently if you have dark (brown / black ) eyelashes your hair will most likely change. if your eyelashes are red, your hair is most likely to stay red. my kid has red eyelashes. @Pesqueeb where do you buy your sunblock in bulk?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its not 80 degree here, but it is damn nice outside. I just drove on the freeway with the windows down and didn't freeze my ass off.

If only my office windows could open. I'm not sure why this building is sealed so tight. Who designs this crap?

I'm just going to stare off into the distance for a while...