Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching mandalorian....

disney+.....got ripped off.....should have demanded the originals of IV, V, and VI...

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lower back pain lately I think from just lack of stretching so I finally got my lazy ass back to stretching again. I think its from working a lot in the house which my fragile and weak office body is not used too #weakoldman

At least I have not broken my leg from trying to bear hug another man like my friend just did :-)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Lower back pain lately I think from just lack of stretching so I finally got my lazy ass back to stretching again. I think its from working a lot in the house which my fragile and weak office body is not used too #weakoldman
Did you see this?
Made some similar observations that stretching didn't do me any good but thought I am weird.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

My coffee has been amazing lately.

It is also cold as a well diggers ass here this morning. Brrrr.......

So, don't get disney +, is what you're saying? Was tempted, just to watch Mandalorian.
well it has all the animated series if you like those...

i'll watch rogue 1 whenever i'm bored...interesting the solo movie is not on there....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
'Morning, folks. I've got an online class to take today from the comfort of my cubicle. Hopefully work distractions will be minimal, but people tend to NGAF when you ask them to leave you alone for the day.

HOW WAS IT FFS.
better than anything lucas could write....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Made early bakery run, working 7-4, rehearsal tonight (concert week!).

I shall indulge in one kare pan in a few hours, but the remainder of lunch and dinner will be as close to 0 carbs as feasible, and then no food until Friday dinner. Time to shed mass!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Trying to figure out the morning routine, got here at 5:45 (left at 5:15), so tomorrow I will leave a little later. But I swear I left at 5:30 yesterday and didn't get here until 6:15. So who knows. There was about the same traffic, but I might have sped this morning.

Still looking for either a longer term gig or a perm. This is still possible, they are in over their heads with this release, so it is an opportunity to show some value.

The coffee here doesn't suck, so that's a win and the cafe is subsidized, so lunch is cheap as shit.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yeah, you gotta stretch every day. That's made the difference for me.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
how many hard seltzer bars have opened?
I would honestly have to look.

Another sad happening is food cart pods closing. Due to the construction of more large scale buildings, parking lots that used to be pods are now displaced. One of the all time best pods suffered this fate. 9th and Alder had everything.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'. taking a booze break. trying to get into better shape for ski season. looking like our first day out won't be until Thanksgiving. We don't have the girls & have no family in town, so we are just gonna hit as much as the legs allow. Hopefully more terrain will be open then.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

Another sad happening is food cart pods closing. Due to the construction of more large scale buildings, parking lots that used to be pods are now displaced. One of the all time best pods suffered this fate. 9th and Alder had everything.

It appears "food carts" are just semi-stationary food trucks, no?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone stole your red stapler?
Someone lit it on fire.

Three fire trucks. The station is maybe two kilometers away but it took them over ten minutes to show up. Good thing the fire was already out...which took 3 extinguishers and the emergency hose on the wall to tackle it.

But seriously, now that you mention it my stapler is in fact missing. :(

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It appears "food carts" are just semi-stationary food trucks, no?
Sort of. The Frying Scottsman has been there for over a decade, I know 808 Grinds has been there at least 15 years. That's longer than 50% if the restaurants in downtown. They are carts, some are actually trucks, but most are converted trailers.

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sort of. The Frying Scottsman has been there for over a decade, I know 808 Grinds has been there at least 15 years. That's longer than 50% if the restaurants in downtown. They are carts, some are actually trucks, but most are converted trailers.

I need to visit Portland.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Was reading the other day about all the junkies downtown and how sketchy the MAX has gotten after dark. With all the gentrification and the crazy real estate market to boot. I miss PDX, but it doesn't sound like the same place any more. You can never go back, I guess.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Cue the monocle. I was looking around and contemplating getting a watch. The Garmin Fenix 5X happened to pop on sale on Amazon for $299. I have a few buddies that have one and like it, so I just decided to go for it. Other than that, jam packed weekend. Wife was gone and had packed weekend with the kids. Soccer games, parties, b-day party, work shift. Had 4 days off and I'm spent. Did still make it to the gym this morning though.

Attachments

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
just got an Amazon delivery at work. small keyboard and a "floating" number pad, plus a foam mat to stand on for my sit-stand station. I like all of these items. Waiting on a new chair that fits properly, and extension arms so my monitors are actually high enough... but all this stuff is making a difference to my back. nice.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
just got an Amazon delivery at work. small keyboard and a "floating" number pad, plus a foam mat to stand on for my sit-stand station. I like all of these items. Waiting on a new chair that fits properly, and extension arms so my monitors are actually high enough... but all this stuff is making a difference to my back. nice.
How small? I acquried a 40% ortholinear keeb a few months ago, now building a kit.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How small? I acquried a 40% ortholinear keeb a few months ago, now building a kit.
11". It's nothing fancy. in fact, it's pretty cheap, but it works for me. The part I'm happiest about is the foam carpet pad to stand on... it's probably placebo, but I feel like it's made a fair bit of difference in the last 3 hours I've owned it...