Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think I'm going trade my frame. A sideways trade for one with more travel.

Just need to do the math on what I need. And if it should use mixed wheels...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I forgot what its like to drive in heavy rain and traffic while it's still dark out. You can't see the damn lane lines even with reflective dots. Wipers at full speed barely cut it. At least no one was going faster than 55.

Time for some espresso and food , did not get up early enough to even make coffee before my first transports this morning.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Worked some yesterday to finish up year end stuff before my exit sometime in early February. I do have vacay to burn before I leave, otherwise I loose it. Ride is on tap since it’ll be 45 freedoms today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
moving slow this morning but finally slept well. Trying to push the kids to enjoy their new toys...

Finally got to use JB weld, glueing the housing stop to my spooky frame in hopes of using the actual cable stops....we'll see if it holds up (probably will).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
moving slow this morning but finally slept well. Trying to push the kids to enjoy their new toys...

Finally got to use JB weld, glueing the housing stop to my spooky frame in hopes of using the actual cable stops....we'll see if it holds up (probably will).
Did you remove paint or clear coat to make contact with bare metal ?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Did you remove paint or clear coat to make contact with bare metal ?
Nope. It’s an aluminum anodized cap on a powder coated frame. The powder coat is pretty rough with the metal flake and the ano is also not perfectly smooth. I don’t expect it to be perfect, but there’s a lot of surface area and it’s a very light force.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Especially @6thElement as he is probably climbing trails already today. COME ON CHAMP! YOU'VE GOT THIS !!!
Warm temps and snow on the trails = no trails today :(

And with 85mph wind gusts forecast I better hurry up and get out there.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really good mtb ride today on a sunny day with better trail conditions than I had expected. Just chilling out the rest of the day is the plan.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nope. It’s an aluminum anodized cap on a powder coated frame. The powder coat is pretty rough with the metal flake and the ano is also not perfectly smooth. I don’t expect it to be perfect, but there’s a lot of surface area and it’s a very light force.
Next time, when bonding to a painted surface use a two part epoxy like Epoxy 330. And even then I would recommend scoring both surfaces where they make contact. A scribe or a sharp nail will do the trick.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Next time, when bonding to a painted surface use a two part epoxy like Epoxy 330. And even then I would recommend scoring both surfaces where they make contact. A scribe or a sharp nail will do the trick.

Thanks for the tip. This is what I’m working with. Lots of surface area and low torque for the housing. Cable tension should keep it bottomed, but it splays out without epoxy. Seems better now, will let it cure for another 6h then do the cables

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Biblical rain and wind can stop now, ok? Thanks.

Wound up hand digging about 80’ of drainage ditch last night with wifey to keep up with the rain. It seemed like it was raining feet per hour. Excavation guy coming out today to discuss better / more drainage.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Coffee part deux. Ended up home-testing positive for what'd Trump's Uncle wanted to warn us all about Saturday. Lost smells on Friday and, flavors on Saturday. Still testing, getting some sense of smell coming back to me. Coffee for example.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Just wanted to let RM know that I wanted to take part in RMSS, but in my own way. Something special for everyone. I just got around to checking Monday's Powerball ticket, which I had picked the winning numbers. They are: 10 30 34 35 37 PB:01 Was totally going to share the winnings with everyone.

This is an embarrassment to this country. We were getting ready to win this powerball drawing. Frankly, we did win this powerball drawing.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
9163ft of verticals to go.

edit: cut todays ride short by about 950ft of vert because there was supposed to be 80mph+ wind gusts. Trees outside my windows haven't moved since I got home and sat down to watch the football an hour ago...

Last edited: