Quantcast

tuesday gfmt

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pay raises are already processed for this year before we've even done appraisals for last year, making them even more pointless.
you get raises?! lucky. I just have to work more to get more :(

/me rode in (on the acoustic commuter so no quotes) because I'm stupid. winter weather advisory doesn't start until 5 pm and I can be home by then, right?!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morningish Monkeys.

So a local farm has started a CSA style veggie box that has been pretty good so far. $27/week and we get about 4 meals or more worth of goods. Brussel sprouts, green beans, few red potatoes, it's been encouraging. The lettuce has been kinda bitter, but the rest is good so far. It's only week 3, so we shall see.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
And sometimes it's all 3 at once! I know this problem well.
Coworker had a chat with boss yesterday about a project I'm involved with. Mind immediately went to thinking that I'm being cut out and getting let go is imminent.

USPS daily mail showed us getting a letter from the town. Doom and gloom once again, like we owe back taxes or the building inspector is coming for a surprise inspection. It was a notice from the zoning board about a local development.

Why my mind goes from 0 to worst case without objective evidence or stopping somewhere in between, I wish I could tell you.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Coworker had a chat with boss yesterday about a project I'm involved with. Mind immediately went to thinking that I'm being cut out and getting let go is immanent.

USPS daily mail showed us getting a letter from the town. Doom and gloom once again, like we owe back taxes or the building inspector is coming for a surprise inspection. It was a notice from the zoning board about a local development.

Why my mind goes from 0 to worst case without objective evidence or stopping somewhere in between, I wish I could tell you.
I understand entirely. Just this morning, I got a notification that my lab results were available from a blood draw I had done last week for an insurance policy. I immediately went into panic mode wondering what the results were going to look like, and if something was going to be out of range. I can't even get a phone call without wondering who it may be, and what bad news they have for me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I understand entirely. Just this morning, I got a notification that my lab results were available from a blood draw I had done last week for an insurance policy. I immediately went into panic mode wondering what the results were going to look like, and if something was going to be out of range. I can't even get a phone call without wondering who it may be, and what bad news they have for me.
Wait, you actually answer the phone? You are braver than I. I send that shit straight to voice-mail so I have time to mentally prepare a script for when I call them back.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have a hot sauce problem. I have like 30 bottles currently and there are still sauces I want to try. I use a lot of sauce, but it seems not quite enough.

I'm a sucker for bogo and coupon offers. That's how I went from trying one sauce to buying a group box of 5. :rofl:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have a hot sauce problem. I have like 30 bottles currently and there are still sauces I want to try. I use a lot of sauce, but it seems not quite enough.

I'm a sucker for bogo and coupon offers. That's how I went from trying one sauce to buying a group box of 5. :rofl:
Hot or Flamable-shits-and-farts-dissolving-glass-surfaces-hot hot? :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hot or Flamable-shits-and-farts-dissolving-glass-surfaces-hot hot? :D
My heat index isn't outrageous, it's more about flavor. Like the bacon one I just got (that was kind of a letdown) or the banana scorpion pepper sauce. It's got heat for sure, but you also get the banana.

A majority of my sauces tend to be hab or scotch bonnet variety. But I've gotten some great reaper sauces, too.