Quantcast

~~ Tuesday GMT 10.05 ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It's Tuesday, folks. Let's roll the sleeves up and get to work around here. Rained yesterday, raining today, going to rain tomorrow.

I made a stir fry last night. That was literally the most exciting thing to happen all day. Today isn't looking any different.

This post sucks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning IAB, your post doesn't really suck that bad.

I worked 11 hours yesterday then had some fish and a few beers.
Looks like a similar day ahead, except maybe for the fish and beer.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Quarry shot was canceled yesterday, but I went in to talk to the boss about a project that we may be getting that involves long days 6 days a week for a couple of months. I said I'd do this project because I have a new truck to pay for, and to keep me gainfully employed over the winter.

Today, I'm supposed to monitor a different quarry, then I've got some prep work for the project. Camera club tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Rain, rain, go away :( It's literally pouring out my window right now!!! We braved the on again/off again rains last night for our regularly scheduled LUNA Ride. Radar looked fine until about 4pm when it changed to show rain on us instead of around us. It rained pretty steady just before the ride and then poured just as we were all driving out of the parking area. Not riding tonight = training for monkeyfest (aka drinking a few pints and planning the menu while relaxing in the hot tub).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had a 9:30 meeting on my calendar today that I *really* was not looking forward to. That meeting has been cancelled. EFF YEAH.

<--- suddenly in a real good mood

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I had a 9:30 meeting on my calendar today that I *really* was not looking forward to. That meeting has been cancelled. EFF YEAH.

<--- suddenly in a real good mood
Sweet!!! I love it when boring meetings get cancelled. Yesterday, I found out that I get to miss out on 3 hours of awful professional development on Tuesday (next week) and get to go get some lesson ideas from the other art teacher in my district. That means, chat, drink coffee and look at pictures of her son for the majority of the time and then photocopy some idea, borrow a few books, etc.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

Long work week ahead of me. This Friday is our first deadline on a huge project were doing for Verizon. I am taking a lunch today for the first time in a couple weeks to go ride. Much needed stress relief for things to come later this week.

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
Good morning everyone!

Finally got the tile floor in the bathroom yesterday - I can't believe how nice it looks! Yay! Also, I forgot how cold tile floors can be in the morining. I guess I need to buy a couple new, large bath mats!

Have a great Tuesday!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It is still morning, isn't it? I rarely get to be able to post up here in the mornings anymore, so this is a treat.

Long day on the road yesterday followed by an early day on the road today. Maybe I'll be able to get out early enough to be able to hit my favorite loop or something before dark.

Life is just running along. I'm not sure how much patience I have left in me for this job anymore....the list of ugly things just keeps getting longer. We got a new branch manager in and he's moved everyone around, put people in new positions and put me out on the road. They dropped my pay by 5 bucks an hour and put me on hourly pay. That's about 10 grand a year they've taken from me and never gave me any notice of what their intentions were. That makes for a grumpy employee..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Good Morning!!

It is still morning, isn't it? I rarely get to be able to post up here in the mornings anymore, so this is a treat.

Long day on the road yesterday followed by an early day on the road today. Maybe I'll be able to get out early enough to be able to hit my favorite loop or something before dark.

Life is just running along. I'm not sure how much patience I have left in me for this job anymore....the list of ugly things just keeps getting longer. We got a new branch manager in and he's moved everyone around, put people in new positions and put me out on the road. They dropped my pay by 5 bucks an hour and put me on hourly pay. That's about 10 grand a year they've taken from me and never gave me any notice of what their intentions were. That makes for a grumpy employee..
Yikes!!! Grumpy would be an understatement from me. Me thinks it might be time to beef up the resume and be on the look-out?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good morning Monkeys!

WTF is up with the barber shop in this town? I am waiting on some stuff today, so I figured I would stop by the barber shop on the way into the office since I am in serious need of a 'do. It's 8:15 and they aren't open? Rudy was open at 7:00, every day but Sunday/Monday. I don't want to wait until Saturday to go there, but damn.

Just say no to Progress Barber Shop :disgust1:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Haven't been sick in years...years! Finally caught up to me. Sore throat from hell has set in. My temp is actually below normal though, 97.4...??? Weird.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Haven't been sick in years...years! Finally caught up to me. Sore throat from hell has set in. My temp is actually below normal though, 97.4...??? Weird.
I was like that for 4 days. I was running 95.5 for 2 of those and it kicked my ass. Soup and rest is all I did. Just take it easy.

Toshi, what does it mean when you run cold? I have NEVER run cold before, this was 2 weeks ago (right during my move, too).