Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Looks like things are going to be pretty slow around the workplace this week. The days just seem to drag on and on when that happens.

Not much going on yesterday...worked on a few things around the house, played with Colin for awhile and watched some of the BCS Championship game, until......

American Gladiators came on!!!!!

All is right with the world.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, y'all. Busy week for me, clearing up stuff to move the office and all. Good workout last night finally and then the BCS and yes, American Gladiators. I think those of us monkeys over 30 or so have a special place in our hearts for that show.

I think I like Fury best..

Have a good un..

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Going to the office today, been so long since I've been there, I hope I remember how to get there. :biggrin: It will be good, I have a bunch of paperwork to catch up on.

Gave back the test bike I got from MMcG last night after I took a bunch of photos of it.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, last night was spent looking for lacrosse equipment for my oldest. Then I was investigating a leak in my basement which looks to be the holding tank from the well.

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Morning all, been sick the past couple of days yet still have to go to work because of a very large deadline we have :( This morning I woke up and it felt like I ran my shoulder into a tree, how can you sleep wrong on your shoulder? Suppose to be a high of 68 here in NY today, I thought this was winter.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all.

I am tired... anyone else tired?

got a call a couple of weeks back to play indoor soccer for a friends team while he is out of town (military training). He told his friend on the team to also call me. I got the call and headed down to the arena to meet up with the team and play a 10:15 game last night. The guy I am supposed to meet bails on me and never introduces himself to me... after asking 4 or 5 people on his team who "Mike" is and getting goofy responses they take the field slam the rink door behind and start play! I stood and watched them play for a bit and then left glad I didn't play, but pissed I drove 40 minutes there... 40 minutes back to find out that this team sucked, yet acted like they were all a bunch of Pele's :disgust1:

I need some caffeine!:lighten:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
morning all.

I am tired... anyone else tired?

got a call a couple of weeks back to play indoor soccer for a friends team while he is out of town (military training). He told his friend on the team to also call me. I got the call and headed down to the arena to meet up with the team and play a 10:15 game last night. The guy I am supposed to meet bails on me and never introduces himself to me... after asking 4 or 5 people on his team who "Mike" is and getting goofy responses they take the field slam the rink door behind and start play! I stood and watched them play for a bit and then left glad I didn't play, but pissed I drove 40 minutes there... 40 minutes back to find out that this team sucked, yet acted like they were all a bunch of Pele's :disgust1:

I need some caffeine!:lighten:
Freakin WEAK. That guy sucks. :plthumbsdown:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Made a snowman with the kids last night. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Not much else going on. Think i'm going to swing by EMS after work to use a gift card I got for christmas. That's about it I guess...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brungeman, those guys are weak. all of 'em.

i blew off hockey last night as i had to meet a deadline in writing my review of the new Wire EP (Read and Burn 03). so i went to spin class this AM instead.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning all, been sick the past couple of days yet still have to go to work because of a very large deadline we have :( This morning I woke up and it felt like I ran my shoulder into a tree, how can you sleep wrong on your shoulder? Suppose to be a high of 68 here in NY today, I thought this was winter.
January thaw, it's a trick to make you think spring is coming, don't fall for it!!

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
High in the 60's here today so a ride is in my future. As soon as I get out of lab from 1:30 to 5:00 on lung sounds... How hard can it be that it takes 4 and a half hours.

2nd day of class and I'm already getting lazy. I think I'll spend my day messing around on the internet instead of paying attention. Have a good'n monos.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
:rant: this weather sucks (its suppose to be 60 today)
I agree. I want to ski.

I guess I'm going either hiking or snowshoeing tonight, depending on how much snow is left in the woods. It was kinda nice to ski Sunday in just a long sleeve shirt and no hat or gloves (Yes, I was wearing pants, too!). Although without the gloves, I scraped my finger up pretty badly on a tree during one of my unexpected landings and now it's all infected. Oh well.... it's just a finger. I've got nine more. :D

Slow day ahead. Not much work to do and the students haven't returned yet. Must find ways to amuse myself that are work-friendly.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
High in the 60's here today so a ride is in my future. As soon as I get out of lab from 1:30 to 5:00 on lung sounds... How hard can it be that it takes 4 and a half hours.

2nd day of class and I'm already getting lazy. I think I'll spend my day messing around on the internet instead of paying attention. Have a good'n monos.
Alright, pal.........you might end up having to work on me one day, so PAY ATTENTION!!!!!! :biggrin:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. ELA testing at my Elementary school means I have time to do paperwork in the morning today (yeah me). This weather's crazy!!! Syd, Sq-Earl & I built a great snowman last week...I need to get the pics uploaded so you can all see how proud she was of her achievement. I think we're going to hit the roads afterschool today for a short ride and enjoy the fresh air and warmer temps.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
It's 65° right now...only suppose to get to 68°. Hoping to get a night ride in if it doesn't rain on us today.

it's supposed to hit 67 here today! :disgust1:

I want the trails to either freeeze or dry up! At this point it would be nice if they froze so I would have the option of Ski or BIke!

Narlus said:
brungeman, those guys are weak. all of 'em.
IAB said:
Freakin WEAK. That guy sucks:plthumbsdown:.
I agree! I had a 20 minute phone conversation with this guy Mike earlier in the evening, and he sounded genuinely stoked to have a person who actually played the game in the past to help out!

To be honest they all lacked discipline! Even their better players! I was glad I got to see how they are as people before being locked in and feeling obligated to play and pay! :monkey:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Visited Quo Fan and Big T and their dogs last night to pick up the Carver Bumblebee test bike and to get a photo CD of the bike from Quo Fan (he takes good pics!) Got home, swapped a couple of cassettes and wheels and quickly threw this bike together. Rode it around for about 20 minutes and liked it.

Here's a dawn patrol pic of it: Note the wheel sizes (the rear in particular).

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
actually, it's the worst possible time.
:stupid:

I agree. I want to ski.

I guess I'm going either hiking or snowshoeing tonight, depending on how much snow is left in the woods. It was kinda nice to ski Sunday in just a long sleeve shirt and no hat or gloves (Yes, I was wearing pants, too!). Although without the gloves, I scraped my finger up pretty badly on a tree during one of my unexpected landings and now it's all infected. Oh well.... it's just a finger. I've got nine more. :D

yup, Sunday @ okemo I thought I went light & breathable enough but I was sweating all day

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Plenty of new snow here so I think I'll ski tonight. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Too much powder...I drove the power sled to work this morning (that's what I call my little Honda Civic).
:monkeydance::monkeydance:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Made a snowman with the kids last night. I'll try to get some pics up tonight. Not much else going on. Think i'm going to swing by EMS after work to use a gift card I got for christmas. That's about it I guess...
I gots me one of those too for xxx-mas, thinking of new Five Tens maybe...

Anyway, good afternoon. Just got back from Ewan's "almost" 6 month dr.'s visit, and all I can say is that I hate those standardized growth charts, they are way too anxiety producing....he's slightly under in weight but over in height?!!?!? He doesn't stop eating (or moving for that matter), so he has a high metabolism. Got the go ahead to begin with solid foods. About anxiety part 2: our primary dr. is new and she tends to speak before she thinks, so that doesn't help also... (AKA, "he is kind of pale, hmmmm, but then again so are you two...never mind..."). Time to switch. Rant over.

Tonight = make the best of the weather and gear up my Steelhead for some STREET RIDING and sprints. The piles of concrete and many parking lots of Albany have their uses after hours!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Anyway, good afternoon. Just got back from Ewan's "almost" 6 month dr.'s visit, and all I can say is that I hate those standardized growth charts, they are way too anxiety producing....he's slightly under in weight but over in height?!!?!? He doesn't stop eating (or moving for that matter), so he has a high metabolism
Justine took Colin in today for his 1-year checkup.....it's actually his birthday today(...and Elvis' too--so you know he's the envy of the trailer park, right?)....same situation--just right in the weight category, but power-forward tall and eats like Kirstie Allie after a bowl full of chronic. I'm going to head home later and lower the basketball rim to 4ft........:thumb:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I

Anyway, good afternoon. Just got back from Ewan's "almost" 6 month dr.'s visit, and all I can say is that I hate those standardized growth charts, they are way too anxiety producing....he's slightly under in weight but over in height?!!?!? He doesn't stop eating (or moving for that matter), so he has a high metabolism. Got the go ahead to begin with solid foods.
Our little one has her 6 mo appt today. I'm sure she's in the lower percentile for both height and weight (her mom is 5-foot nothing and skinny), but she eats a lot and is growing so we don't put much credence in the charts. As long as she's not an outlier on the bell curve.... so she's petite, who cares.

Spin Class this morning, my first one in what might as well have been ever. I don't like them as much at this gym as I did my old one, guess that's the trade off for equipment that gets fixed and bathrooms that get cleaned.

Peace

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Syd has always been in the 50% or less for weight and head size but now she's in the tall category. I don't put a lot of stock in their charts...she's healthy and happy so we aren't worried.

Jim Mac - enjoy the solid food...it's fun going in and coming out ;)