Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Sorry I'm late......big meeting this a.m. with the head honchos to discuss the freefall our business is in. Doesn't look good. Gonna dust off the resume and start doing the big search. I'm kinda shellshocked....not sure where everything is going right now, but I'm oddly calm about it. I'll keep ya updated as things progress......what a soap opera.

Hope everyone has a good day today.......I'll have to check back in later in between visits to job-hunting sites!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
damn G-hound! Good luck with all the stress inducing news!

I got the call yesterday that the dog found yet another smelly pile of __________ (insert smelly, redish colored something here)_____! I had PT and then home to wash the dog. The neighbor said that he has seen Cyotes in the back area so I am wondering if it is dead stuff she is rolling in or just sh!t! (it is the 3rd time it 2 weeks) :disgust1: you would think she would get the picture by now!
roll in chit=chained outside until I can wash her... then gated in the kitchen until completely dry (all of which is not fun for her cause she usually has run of the house! )

mid-terms for the kids this week so we have goofy schedules... I will check back in a bit!

have a good one monkeys!

EDIT.... oh and I put a coat of poly on a bunch of quarter round I stained this past weekend. I am trying to get a bunch of stuff done around the house while I am not riding as much... this should open some time up in the future for riding :thumb:

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Mornin Greyhound. I sat waiting for you to start this thread. I wish you the best of luck with your job and things to come! Brungeman, at least your dog's not eating it. We had that issue with one of our dogs growing up.... not pretty....
We woke up this morning to a good 1/2 inch of snow here in Bburg and it continues to come down pretty heavy. All I have to say is it's about friggin time.
I got to school this morning an hour and a half early so I could work on this stupid online EKG reading course. I keep telling the higher ups here that if they're going to expect us to learn it ourselves by having the course be online, then I want some of my tuition refunded. Oh well. I'll play their game for the next 6 months, then boards, then I'm outta here for rotations!

That's all for now!
Have a good'n monos.

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Morning all,
Up to 11:00 working last night, I know its not late but I usually don't work past 5:00. I hate deadlines but I love overtime. Deadline isn't for another two weeks, but there's still a lot of work to do. What really sux is all this overtime money has to go towards a new bathroom and nothing bike related :disgust1::disgust1: Hope everyone has a good day.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

it is a winter wonderland out there all the tree snow covered , looks rather pretty.

I must have twisted my knee funny shoveling or something , I don't remeber doing it , but last night my knee started hurting like a bastard when ever I went up stairs. Hopefully its nothing and a couple days taking it easy vitamin I and it will be fine .

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning all. Nothing special happening in my world. I'm anxiously awaiting a big snowfall so I can resume xc skiing. I wish some of that snow from those nor'easters would come just a little further west!!!

If the cold keeps up & keeps the trails frozen, maybe I'll actually be able to go riding this weekend! I haven't been on the bike in about 2 or 3 months now, so that would be a nice treat! Dang, I just remembered I made plans to go hiking both Sat AND Sun..... grrrrrrrr........ Damn me and my compulsive organizational and planning ahead habits.

G'hound, sorry to hear about the job situation. I've been there several times, and I know how stressful it is. It will all work out in the end, though.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Just stopping by for a quick hello. Headed out to an all-day meeting in a few minutes. Not looking forward to it because my boss is going to be there and I want to kick him in the teeth. But, it is being catered, so I'll suck it up I guess.

Not much else to report. Gonna swing by the LBS and get some tires for the DH bikey tonight I think...

Have a good day monkeys!! :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Just stopping by for a quick hello. Headed out to an all-day meeting in a few minutes. Not looking forward to it because my boss is going to be there and I want to kick him in the teeth. But, it is being catered, so I'll suck it up I guess.

Not much else to report. Gonna swing by the LBS and get some tires for the DH bikey tonight I think...

Have a good day monkeys!! :)
Jesus dude, that's some aggression from a hippie! :busted: OK, OK, you used to listen to Gangreen, so I understand! :imstupid: Picking up some Neve's?

Yo all. Not much going on - tying up some bike purchase loose ends, hitting the gym, use my EMS gift card.

Ewan news: the dude is way into solid food! He's also teething, but he practically bit through the spoon yesterday as he smirked at me(with banana/breast milk/rice cereal combo dribbling off his chin)! When he sees the spoon, the kid leans into it. The other end news: As a result, 1st stinkie poop! Jesus Christ, the kid inherited his bowels from me!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Ewan news: the dude is way into solid food! He's also teething, but he practically bit through the spoon yesterday as he smirked at me(with banana/breast milk/rice cereal combo dribbling off his chin)! When he sees the spoon, the kid leans into it. The other end news: As a result, 1st stinkie poop! Jesus Christ, the kid inherited his bowels from me!
I'm laughing dude, because I've been there.........1st stinky poop---oh how they just get more effervescent as the year goes on!! Great imagery with the kid leaning into the spoon.......classic!!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm laughing dude, because I've been there.........1st stinky poop---oh how they just get more effervescent as the year goes on!! Great imagery with the kid leaning into the spoon.......classic!!
Thanks! For a brief moment in time, I felt as if he turned into a little Pirana!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I think my idea of the "6 hours of Plattekill" might just happen!

Platty's owner said "sounds awesome" plus I connected him up w/the dude that runs the NYS endurance series who is up for adding Platty as race#4 in the series

I really think it would be a bad ass, fun and painful race (with I'd guess 1500 ft of climbing per lap)

:monkeydance:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
My wife and I closed on our first home last night. Four weeks until we move in. We are pumped.

We are supposed to get 4-5" of snow today. As much as I love snow. I'm ready for summer so I can get back to riding.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love this place.

My office mate once again brought his wife into work. They are both on their cellphones arguing with someone while occasionally yelling at each other. I feel like my office is set up in a trailer park or on the set of Jerry Springer.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
My wife and I closed on our first home last night. Four weeks until we move in. We are pumped.

Congratulations!!! That's a big deal......you guys buy a new house, or an older one? Did you slap the lender about the head vigorously while repeating "I'll pay what I WANT to pay per month, b*tch!!"

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
While I was up at the mtn having a great snow day on Sunday, a guy crashed into a tree and died. They finally released his name...and I know him. I've ridden with his wife several times...even been out to lunch with her. He was 27 and they had just bought a house here in Bend a couple weeks ago. UHG.

Be safe people...it could happen at anytime.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! Whew, barely made it for morning! Settling in to new office space and internet is finally up and going, phone works and it's very nice to be able to be at home with the family every night! Now, the 12 year old doesn't like me being there when it's time to check homework at night, but he'll get used to it. At least I go riding with him in the afternoons before dropping the hammer on homework!

Have a good 'un, y'all!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning! Whew, barely made it for morning! Settling in to new office space and internet is finally up and going, phone works and it's very nice to be able to be at home with the family every night! Now, the 12 year old doesn't like me being there when it's time to check homework at night, but he'll get used to it. At least I go riding with him in the afternoons before dropping the hammer on homework!

Have a good 'un, y'all!
Cool.....I'm sure you're much happier to be closer to the ones you love. Oh the sacrifices we'll make, huh?

Hammer that homework, my man.......when he's all grown up and super-brainy and making lots of loot---he'll eventually get around to not thanking you for staying on his butt about it. :busted: