Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Wow....what a great dream last night. It was one of those where you're riding your bike, and can just pull any move you've ever wanted to without even thinking about it. It was my buddy Dan and I ripping down this downhill trail in Pisgah and we were just killing it. I did a frame slide for like, 200 yds on this really cool cedar pole leaning off a tree into double tailwhips at mach-turkey. That segued into giant transfers over the switchbacks and backflips......the works!! ......Too bad I can only do that stuff in my dreams, but it's still cool nonetheless.

I also had a short dream after that where Wumpus was the Agricultural Extension Agent in our area and he was going around telling everyone how Clemson grows their ryegrass turf and that they should do it just like they do---it was a near riot by the people against the man. :clapping::lighten:

American Gladiators was on last night and it was awesome. I wish I could have a dream where Crush was throwing me around the pyramid challenge mats sans clothes!!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
G'mornin'. Wow, GH, you've had some active dreaming going on! If bacon wrapped asparagus will give me dreams like that, I'm firing up the grill tonight!

Long 3 day chilly weekend. Road ride Saturday, X3copilot was a trooper and he hauled his butt out of bed at 0630 to make a 0700 departure for 12 miles of chilliness. Kid hung tough, made it with no bitching!

Short 3 day week for me this week, this is my off Friday! Woo-hoo!

Have a goodun!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Did the "art thing" yesterday at the Mass. Museum of Contemporary Art with Ewan, Mo and our friend Bryna. Nice day! Moved the bike workshop into the basement in an attempt to work in above 30 degree temps, time to start the overhaul! (how the hell did my AVID rotors get rusty????). Later!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Home today w/ a sick kid. Jamis woke up with a fever, so here I sit. Not a bad gig really. Sipping coffee, watching Spongebob. At some point I'll see what needs to be done around the house. Laundry, dishes, mounting new bike tires... ;)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning...

was up late last night finishing up my grades and budget stuff!

I am feeling better today now that the weight from the afore mentioned tasks are nearly completed! So as a result I am going to be Mr. Positive today! :twitch:

Had PT last night and told the therapist about our Ray's trip on Sunday, he was stoked to hear I was riding and felt great afterwards! :thumb: I can't wait to get back there!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
morning...

was up late last night finishing up my grades and budget stuff!

I am feeling better today now that the weight from the afore mentioned tasks are nearly completed! So as a result I am going to be Mr. Positive today! :twitch:

Had PT last night and told the therapist about our Ray's trip on Sunday, he was stoked to hear I was riding and felt great afterwards! :thumb: I can't wait to get back there!

Good to hear you are back on the bike. When did that happen?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Cold morning here and I am bundled up as the school I am in today doesn't seem to have heat in some parts of the building. :disgust1:

Syd & I had a fun day grocery shopping and playing for MLK day but now I'm back at school and missing playing with her.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Home today w/ a sick kid. Jamis woke up with a fever, so here I sit. Not a bad gig really. Sipping coffee, watching Spongebob. At some point I'll see what needs to be done around the house. Laundry, dishes, mounting new bike tires... ;)
I hope Jamis feels better. I secretly look forward to days when Syd has a fever or when the sitter's daughter is sick...unplanned days off are GREAT!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Officemate brought his wife into work again, so annoying. He only showed up for work for one day last week. I can not believe he still has a job.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I hope Jamis feels better. I secretly look forward to days when Syd has a fever or when the sitter's daughter is sick...unplanned days off are GREAT!
Well, he usually naps from 12-4, so I'll be able to get some wrenching done, or maybe watch a movie or take a nap! :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - watched the UConn Women's game last night and also some hocky on Vs. The Capitals may just have a bright future ahead of them - they've got some good young talent on that club. But Olie the Goalie isn't getting any younger - I wonder who they have waiting in the wings to step up and take over for Kolzig in a couple of years or sooner?

Tonight - hockey practice at the Bolton Ice Palace. I gotta get the Soul Dillinger finished soon - but can't seem to find good time to complete that sucker. Anyone know how to remove an old damaged cassette body on an American Classic wheel and replace it with the new one that arrived last Friday? ;)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
It was drizzly yesterday so that put a damper on my outdoor project so I went for a run. Maybe I should have planted some more rye grass instead especially now that I know I don't need to mow it.:clapping::lighten:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good to hear you are back on the bike. When did that happen?

well, I rode the Dirt Rag crew's "punk bike enduro" the first weekend of Dec. but I only "marshalled" it! I did charge a few sections that I wanted to test myself on though!

Since then I have been taking it easy (cause it still felt a little goofy) this weekend a bunch of peeps from the P-burgh area went up, so I figured I would as well! So I went up on Sunday with Manhattanprjkt and some others, and I rode a bunch and took some pics. Although I don't have all my ballance and mojo back, it felt great to be back on the bike! :thumb: I did find some rhythm on the small DJ's at the end of the day! :monkeydance:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I am happy to be here at work relaxing after skate skiing and riding this weekend. Tonight is Webcyclery movie night so I'm going to see Between the Tape. Woot Woot

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
It was drizzly yesterday so that put a damper on my outdoor project so I went for a run. Maybe I should have planted some more rye grass instead especially now that I know I don't need to mow it.:clapping::lighten:
Did you use Google to figure out the best running technique, or are you just frewheeling it?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Morning. I got a big ride this Saturday in northern Arkansas. Bike's all prepped and ready to go. Been riding rollers for the last two weeks so hopefully I won't die out there.

Furnace has been broken all weekend. Parts should come in today. Fortunately we have a wood stove with a blower that heats up the house really nice.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
We better calm it down, Wumpus.....the old man just told us to get off his lawn!!!!
Did you happen to notice if it was Ryegrass before you got the boot?

Spin Class this morning, toughest one yet - by a long shot. Lots of "hills". I'm off to the Oregon Coast for work later, taking the wife and kid this time.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I've got to go mow grass anyway. We lost one of the twins somewhere in the backyard.

Maybe you could use Google Earth to find 'em......or maybe you could use Google maps to get the exact address.....or you could use Google to find a private investigator that will look for you. Shoot.....you can use Google to find out how long it would be before the grass went dormant, making it easier to see 'em...........:panic: