Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

I've been busy the last few evenings painting our foyer and hallway. Lots of doors, lots of door casings.....and chair rail....my goodness, the chair rails. You get the point....there's a lot of tedious work to be done. I decided since there were so many doors, I would spray them with the power painter to save my arm. The first door sucked.....I rethought things and decided to thin the paint a bit and from there on out, it was right easy. Thumbs up for the power painter---:thumb:

Looks like we're going to be dropping two more guys out in the shop this week. But, not to downsizing....turns out, when the finance dept. was getting things prepped for the guys to file for unemployment, we found out their SS #'s weren't theirs........Pssssst....they're Hispanic so, we're likely going to have to send 'em down the road.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, all! GH, the powerpainter is the bomb, even if it is a bit loud. On the road this week, eating out is killing me! fried pickles and beer last night. *burp* excuse me... watched the State of the Union and lights out. Chuck Norris showed up in a dream, almost oracle like, but I forgot what he said.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Gooooooooood Morning Monkeys! Signed the offical offer for a house last night. We should hear by tomorrow. If it goes through I might need to borrow that power painter X3, and your truck, and your kid, and yourself!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm here. Kid's sick, I am getting sick. Rode the trainer last night to SLEEP (good "climbing" music, but I'm glad it wasn't the 1 hour long song that the 'Dopesmoker' album is, sheesh). It took 3 hours to get little Mr. Junior Mint to sleep - he's going to the Dr's today. That is all.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm here. Kid's sick, I am getting sick. .

Yeah....I know the feeling. Our little wrangler had to be picked up early from daycare yesterday as he wasn't feeling well either. I must have picked it up too because I've been doing my best root beer dispenser imitation for most of the evening...... :help:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yeah....I know the feeling. Our little wrangler had to be picked up early from daycare yesterday as he wasn't feeling well either. I must have picked it up too because I've been doing my best root beer dispenser imitation for most of the evening...... :help:
Little germ bomb was sputtering all day and night, poor guy....now I am beginning to feel the throat drip and the chest 'death rattle"!

splat

Nam I am
You Guys make me glad my kids are past that stage!!!

Morning

HAd a Nice ride in today , first time in about a week and a half, was still a bit on the chilly side , my toes were getting cold by the time I made it to the office ,but it is suppose to was up to maybe 40 today. so that should make for a nicer ride home.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Babysat the neighbor's kids for a couple hours last night. Wasn't bad. Their son (who's 6) loves biking, so we watched Earthed 5 together. It was funny, the whole time he was like, "Tigg, can YOU do that!?!? Can YOU do that!?!?" Uhhhhh.....sure kid. :p It was cute though. After they went home I fell asleep on the couch about 1/2 way through Bush's ramblings.

SMBA Trail Commitee meeting tonight at Treesaw's house. :cheers: I'm looking forward to it because we are going to discuss (amongst other things) a plan to develop several hundred acres on the north side of our property. Lots of potential up there and our new leadership I think is open to potential Freeride trails and features. :thumb:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Babysat the neighbor's kids for a couple hours last night. Wasn't bad. Their son (who's 6) loves biking, so we watched Earthed 5 together. It was funny, the whole time he was like, "Tigg, can YOU do that!?!? Can YOU do that!?!?" Uhhhhh.....sure kid. :p It was cute though. After they went home I fell asleep on the couch about 1/2 way through Bush's ramblings.

SMBA Trail Commitee meeting tonight at Treesaw's house. :cheers: I'm looking forward to it because we are going to discuss (amongst other things) a plan to develop several hundred acres on the north side of our property. Lots of potential up there and our new leadership I think is open to potential Freeride trails and features. :thumb:
Did your neighbor ask you if you could jump like Andrew Neeithling (the scene in Vigo when he hits the jump, spreads eagle and bar humps it, then they freeze frame it to go with the pause in the tune?!). Let me know how I can help with any FR trails at SMBA! That would motivate me to start digging again - Jim

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sitting here in Cos Cob on the final day of blasting, waiting for the blaster to show up. The report I got was he had a flat tire.

Plans are all finalized for the full bathroom remodel to happen. We ordered the vanity top last Sat, and the paint is ready to be applied. The tile is sitting in the basement waiting for the floor to be prepped. It is going to be fun ripping out the old bathroom.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning!

that is funny all this talk about painting... I have been spending all my time taking paint off of woodwork that was not supposed to be painted by prior tennants! :disgust1: little by little it gets done... one stick of trim at a time!

waddled around yesterday as I was hurting from the fall down the steps... the damn dog ran off again this morning! :monkey:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning -

worked late last night - came home, chilled for a bit, then cut a steerer tube and installed a star fangled nut with the new Park Tool I got from narlus as a SS gift - that tool kicks ass. I made a pretty nice cut for the first time cutting a steerer tube - but my little blade on the cutter got hammered. Hrmmmm........maybe I pressed the blade to the steerer tube too hard? Also added a couple of spacers to get the disc brakes set up nicely - so the Soul Dillinger is now in need of a chain and it'll pretty much be ready to rock for riding and review for the 29er forum. Should I run it SS or 1x9 that is the question?

Cheers,

Mark

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning all ...
Winter storm rolling in today, and I've got about 120 mile round trip ahead to see a client. Yay for teh snow!

Have a great day. :monkeydance:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Plans are all finalized for the full bathroom remodel to happen. We ordered the vanity top last Sat, and the paint is ready to be applied. The tile is sitting in the basement waiting for the floor to be prepped. It is going to be fun ripping out the old bathroom.
Cool, I look forward to breaking in your new toilet.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Mornin' all. Nice -42*C this morning (which is -43*F, which proves, if anything, we both agree what cold is!!).

Big round o' Guitar hero last night has left my hands feeling a little worn out, and my head a little sore..... Between Guitar Hero, work, and learning to play a real bass guitar, my hands don't get much rest.....Recovery Time FTL....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Fairly calm night last night and early to bed so I am well-rested for tonight's trail committee meeting at my house.

One of our music teachers resigned so we are interviewing a couple of candidates this afternoon. We generally don't have much luck finding anyone good this time of year so it should be interesting.