Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Another late day getting here.....another huge freakin' load of trusses out the door at the crack of dawn. Glad we got the work, but sheesh--we're bending over backwards to accomodate their battalion of framers.

Worked in the yard yesterday until it got dark.....I've got an old gravel drive that I'm trying to get scraped away, so I was getting the area ready for my buddy to come by with the Bobcat and give 'er a good dig.

Not much planned for tonight....I might pick up a power hand planer for a project I'm working on for the house.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I decided to give my back some more rest last night, so the evening was uneventful. I did make a pasta dish for dinner that was awesome. MBC found the recipe and said "Make me this!" Ok.

I watched a good part of the Capitals/Bruins game last night. Holy crap was that an ass kicking.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning all.

Freakin' Wife dragged me to freakin' Target to buy freakin' mini blinds for our freakin' new house. We were there for 2 hours buying crap. Now I just have to look forward to saturday when I get to do it all over again. Yeah for me!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
printed shirts after school... as if I wasn't already sore enough!

hit home and cracked a coldtop! and another and another... I was 3 deep by the time I fired up the grill! with 70 degree temp I wasn't letting the oppertunity slip to grill out! Great burgers and some rice pilaf added in!

I had a few more and hit the sack... Sophie woke me up screaming... poor thing! Her teeth must be killing her... I fed her some more milk and she finally settled in.

Needless to say I am TIRED and my shoulders are sore from printing and killing the jump line at Ray's!

have a good one monkeees!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
printed shirts after school... as if I wasn't already sore enough!

hit home and cracked a coldtop! and another and another... I was 3 deep by the time I fired up the grill! with 70 degree temp I wasn't letting the oppertunity slip to grill out! Great burgers and some rice pilaf added in!

I had a few more and hit the sack... Sophie woke me up screaming... poor thing! Her teeth must be killing her... I fed her some more milk and she finally settled in.

Needless to say I am TIRED and my shoulders are sore from printing and killing the jump line at Ray's!

have a good one monkeees!
That's funny.....I was going to ask you how the Ray's trip went this weekend. The temps were awesome last night around here as well. I came down to the basement on my way out to the grill, and was like "Dang....it's warmer outside than it is inside--let's get some doors open in this piece and fire up a grill!!"

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all! I feel like 'The Final Countdown' (what the hell was that band's name?) is playing in my head nonstop - have my 'big old' job interview tomorrow morning, hopefully I'm prepped enough...While I have probably interviewed at least 100 people in the last 10 years, I have not been interviewed myself since '98. Wish me luck!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Not much to report. Quiet evening in last night. The wife and daughter went to some sort of party last night, so it was just the boy and I. Read some books, played with blocks, watched SpongeBob... It was great! :) Nothing planned for tonight. Watch the Ohio and Tejas primary numbers role in and hope Hillary folds like a deck of cards.

Have a good one people!

splat

Nam I am
Good luck Jim Mac

Morning

it was a HOT ride in today ! 50 degrees!! ! I love it , can't wait for spring!!!

last night recieved a Ripstick in the mail, got it for free from COke points ! , My kids were thrilled , now we all have to figure out how to ride the bdam thing

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
J-mac,

Good luck!

G-hound,

Ray's was great! feeling more and more compfortable with each new experience (aka, everytime I fvckup on a jump line I realize that I can get out of it, just don't panic! )

I am by no means a good jumper, but getting comfy in the air is really helping out! :thumb:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Because of the single day of 60deg weather I got outside on my road bike yesterday. First time riding outside since probably October. Felt great to ride with out being bolted to the trainer. It was just a teaser, its back to the 30's the rest of this week.

I cant wait until I can ride trails...come on summer time!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo all! I feel like 'The Final Countdown' (what the hell was that band's name?) is playing in my head nonstop - have my 'big old' job interview tomorrow morning, hopefully I'm prepped enough...While I have probably interviewed at least 100 people in the last 10 years, I have not been interviewed myself since '98. Wish me luck!
Good Luck!

The band was Europe.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Europe ;) Good luck with the interview.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I hope you just googled that...
Sadly, no. I had a roommate in college who felt it was his life's mission to make sure everyone within two blocks knew of his undying passion to crank that song on a regular basis and exclaim everytime "That song just rocks!!" :disgust1:

^^Right there would have been the perfect place for a vomit-themed smiley.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. State Math exams this AM means no classes for me. I am on-call (have a walkie talkine and everything) if anyone needs assistance...yippie. Relatively uneventful night last night, both of my private students cancelled so I got to spin, made dinner for my family, played with Syd until she went home with my folks, drank a bottle of wine and went to bed early.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
In other important news...
I sold my first FS mountain bike (K2 Disco Monkey). While I am sad to see my little monkey go, I know it's going to a good home and (once I sell the Jekyll) I will be putting the funds to good use!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
finally finished my review of the Neurosis/Mastodon show last night.

tonight, i need to work on some photos, and review the new Mission of Burma reissues. and i still have recurring PC problems...gonna see if i can finally figure out how to properly run memtest for troubleshooting my RAM.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey Narlus,

heard of this company? OR, is this even what I want for transferring my vinyl to digi form? is there a better solution?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gem-Sound-PL-USB-Phono-to-USB-Interface-104607866-i1375399.gc
what you need is (or at least how i do it):

signal output from stereo (i use a tape out on my pre-amp)
2XRCA connector > 1/8" coaxial (from pre-amp into the mic input on yr soundcard of yr computer)
audio capture software (i use CoolEdit Pro, which is now Adobe Audition).

set the recording levels so there is no clipping, then record as one long wav file.

if you want, normalize it to a sufficient output (w/o clipping), and i typically don't bother w/ noise reduction but will manually eliminate large pops and clicks if they are present.

cut the wav file into individual song tracks.

burn a cd.

it's rather time consuming, but it works well (and if you use a higher quality external soundcard, i'm sure the finished product will sound better than the generic card i've got in my laptop). i've never used the USB thingie, so i can't comment on it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
good luck!

my dress rehearsal was painful last night. we sound like ass. people need to get off their lazy bums and practice regularly instead of trying to scrape it together in the last week. the principal horn player in particular sounded awful, missing notes, playing tentatively, and "cheating" on passages to make them easier. ugh.

in other news the hospital i ended up at yesterday was depressing, and the attending was no patch of sunshine, so i am switching sites to a children's hospital 40+ miles away. this is going to be one hellish commute (on public transit, natch).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
good luck!

my dress rehearsal was painful last night. we sound like ass. people need to get off their lazy bums and practice regularly instead of trying to scrape it together in the last week. the principal horn player in particular sounded awful, missing notes, playing tentatively, and "cheating" on passages to make them easier. ugh.

in other news the hospital i ended up at yesterday was depressing, and the attending was no patch of sunshine, so i am switching sites to a children's hospital 40+ miles away. this is going to be one hellish commute (on public transit, natch).
The slacker players in one of our local orchestras annoyed me so much when I subbed for them. A principal player too...that's embarassing!

Sorry to hear about the hospital thing, I don't know if I would like working in a children's hospital...I hate to see kids sick or in pain. Good luck!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey Monkeys - just got out of the Nurse Practitioner's office - went in due to this nagging cold.

My chest is good. She gave me a prescription for some cough medicine with codeine in it for bed time and a bunch of antihistamines and sent me on my way.

Good to find out that my weight and blood pressure are good. I've lost a few pounds recently - which is good. Need to lose a few more though in my opinion.

Cheers,

Mark

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The slacker players in one of our local orchestras annoyed me so much when I subbed for them. A principal player too...that's embarassing!

Sorry to hear about the hospital thing, I don't know if I would like working in a children's hospital...I hate to see kids sick or in pain. Good luck!
the thing is that she once was a serious player. back in undergrad was a performance major, etc. now most of us are 5+ years out of undergrad, and some have lost the drive to practice yet still play. oh, she was also about 20 cents sharp last night, probably a byproduct of pinching off notes when too tired to play them properly. :twitch: