Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!!

Hope everyone made it through Monday-after-daylight-change relatively unscathed. I hear it's the day with the most traffic accidents throughout the year. Colin and I played in the sandbox for about an hour after I got home, and then we moved inside so I could get dinner started. I grilled some excellent BBQ chicken and we had several tallboy coldtops while still being able to enjoy the setting sun. Daylight savings rocks!! We checked out "New Amsterdam" on FOX after that--pretty good show...reminds me of a much better produced "Forever Knight" (if any geeks out there remember that show :nerd: )

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'Morning Greyhound ... 'morning everybody.
I'm up at 4:30 am, sick as a f'in dog. I guess I caught the flu or something. Ugh.
A friend of mine asked me to help him remove a bathtub from his 2nd floor bathroom. So last night, after getting a new tire for my car, I stop by his place. The tub must have weighed 300 lbs and it appeared to be made of cast iron. (I guess I never knew that) So, since we couldn't carry the thing, I got a sledgehammer from his garage and beat the sh!t out of it until it cracked into a few dozen pieces. Bam, done.

I feel like my head is full of death.
Have a great day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! So I went to the gym after work yesterday and my gym was having a wine and cheese tasting. :confused: What the hell kind of gym has a wine and cheese tasting? Par for the course in my neck of the woods, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Watched some college hoops last night and made turkey burgers. I threw some chopped jalapenos, hot sauce and narlus cheese (i.e. cheese from a bag) into the ground turkey. Man were those some good burgers.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I headed home and picked up the girls, got the call that Bek was going to take the girls with her out to dinner with her family... so I fired up the grill and had a fantastic burger and some soup! :drool:

cleaned up some of the house to get ready for our St. Pats "Eggs and Kegs" party this Saturday morning.

BTW... anyone else addicted to looking at worthless chit on Craigslist? :busted:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey good morning all! Still on the what seems like the never ending road show for work. Maine last week, Southern Maryland this week then Seattle next week. Whew! DST does rock, I'll be glad when the trails dry out and the weather warms just a little more. Picky ain't I??

Have a great one, y'all!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Good morning monkies.

NSSS but the big boss finally (after promising for three weeks) found a time to meet with me tomorrow to see if I can move back to a day shift.

Long night with only the RM movie thread to entertain me.

Well 30 minutes till I can go home and sleep. or have a beer. or both.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning all.

My Boss called me the Senior Agent for my team yesterday....wish I was paid like the Senior Agent. Will be something to file when pay raise time comes.

Wish I could see out my patio door to see what daylight looks like. We have boxes piled up so that no sunlight can make its way in. I will be glad when this move is done.

Have a good day all!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
morning! a co-worker of mine gave my son one of these yesterday. needless to say he was stoked even though he's not big enough to ride it yet.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
A hearty welcome to you all from the NYS Governor's sex scandal central! Wowza, that's all aI can say about that. It seem slike most of the Capital District is in a state of paralysis

Today = hitting the gym today, that's about it.

Found out that potentially the last piece I need for my Gruitr build doesn't exist = a 185mm rotor adapter for a Marzocchi TA fork....calling SRAM and Zokes today to confirm.....I just want to ride, ya know?!?!?!?

Later on, Won Ton.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning snuckas! Chill evening last night. Prepared a pork roast which is now at home in the crockpot cooking and just waiting to be pulled for pulled-pork sammys tonight!!! :drool: Not much else going on. Frustrated that my DH bike is so close to being finished but I don't have the money to get 'er done. Being poor sucks!! My birthday is in less than a month though, so hopefully I get the parts and/or $$ to get it finished.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning snuckas! Chill evening last night. Prepared a pork roast which is now at home in the crockpot cooking and just waiting to be pulled for pulled-pork sammys tonight!!! :drool: Not much else going on. Frustrated that my DH bike is so close to being finished but I don't have the money to get 'er done. Being poor sucks!! My birthday is in less than a month though, so hopefully I get the parts and/or $$ to get it finished.
What do you need? You just reminded me to look for that adapter for you - post mount 74mm, right?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mmm...sounds tasty. You coming to the meeting tonight?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
A hearty welcome to you all from the NYS Governor's sex scandal central! Wowza, that's all aI can say about that. It seem slike most of the Capital District is in a state of paralysis

Today = hitting the gym today, that's about it.

Found out that potentially the last piece I need for my Gruitr build doesn't exist = a 185mm rotor adapter for a Marzocchi TA fork....calling SRAM and Zokes today to confirm.....I just want to ride, ya know?!?!?!?

Later on, Won Ton.

can you change disk size? and use a dif. bracket? I know that sux to do... but... you wanna ride?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
played hockey for the first time in 4-5 weeks last night. got two goals, and hit the crossbar, thwarting my hat trick. we crushed 'em, 9-3. team skated great, and it was surprising because the other team was pretty solid.

got more of my shots from Mexico done, so look for a thread near you soon.

nothing planned for tonight, but i need some rest because i've got 3 shows in a row starting tmrw night.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
can you change disk size? and use a dif. bracket? I know that sux to do... but... you wanna ride?
Yes, for now I will leave the 6" rotor on the wheel and will attempt to use my current adapter, but I think that this adapter won't even work, as Avid makes a special "QR 20 adapter", which I am guessing is for Marzocchi.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Perfect world: X.9 shifter/X.9 short cage R. Der./990 cassette/PC-991 crossstep chain

Settle: X.7 shifter/X.7 med. cage R. Der./950 cassette/PC-951 chain
For some reason last night, I saw that I now have an extra used cassette - SRAM 990 11-32. It's yours - HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
morning! a co-worker of mine gave my son one of these yesterday. needless to say he was stoked even though he's not big enough to ride it yet.

dude. i'm stoked, even tho i'm thousands of miles and many years of age away. :D

i'm unsure about this DST thing. awfully dark here in the pre-commute hours.