Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Playing hooky rocks!! My day off yesterday was awesome. Filled with a whole lot of nothing. I halfway considered doing it again today, but figured with my luck, I had better just keep it to one Ferris Beuller day per year.

The weather is very Spring-like here. The trees and flowers are starting to bud and it won't be long before we're into the scorching heat of summer--bring it on!!

Nothing much planned for the day. Just gonna see what kind of mess they made yesterday without me and hope it's nothing I can't fix quickly.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Yeah, a Ferris Bueller day is always great- I think I need one as well. The weather is way too nice to do the silly work thing when I can be out riding.

St. Paddy's Day consisted of a long day at work followed by coming home and cleaning up the bike from the weekend. Now it is all ready to go get dirty again.

Have to bail on the TNR tonight as the kids have a piano performance. :(

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Nice ride home last night , I went home via one of the hillier routes . Leg muscles felt that this morning , But I did feel good on the hills , which is good since In training for the 2nd annual Monkey climb of Burke.

Not much else going on today

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Why, when your bank acct. is overdrawn, do they allow you to keep using your debit card and then charge you $38 a pop for each overdrawn transaction? :rant: So, not only was I $500 in the hole, I managed to rack up $646 in overdraft charges as well. I'm pretty much fvcked. :(

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning. Cloudy and soon to be rainy here. Wanting the trails to dry out so I can get on them. Got to do passport paper work today, yuck. Ready for spring.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
God I wish it would finally rain. It's been 70*(80%+ humidity) for three days, and I don't mean that is the high. It is the same temp all day and all night long.:disgust:

Why, when your bank acct. is overdrawn, do they allow you to keep using your debit card and then charge you $38 a pop for each overdrawn transaction? :rant: So, not only was I $500 in the hole, I managed to rack up $646 in overdraft charges as well. I'm pretty much fvcked. :(

Compass bank???

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I got home last night and finally put the bike in the stand to tune it up for the year. I went to put the front wheel on the bike and couldn't help but notice that the skewer was bent at a ninety degree angle to the hub as it exited.

I have the movers to thank for that. Actually I have myself to thanks also; I didn't box up the bike. Stupid me, so many other things going on at the time of the move that I didn't even think of it until the movers showed up.

Well just in case the hub was screwed up I used it as an excuse to get a whole new wheel set. Silver lining?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sucks.

i'm preparing myself for the scramble. was a rough night as you'd predict -- after all, all that i'd hoped for (nice life in portland) fell through in an instant.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
sucks.

i'm preparing myself for the scramble. was a rough night as you'd predict -- after all, all that i'd hoped for (nice life in portland) fell through in an instant.
Toshi, yeah it sucks. I've had several interviews for tenure track faculty positions fall through in the last year or so. You get all excited at the interview because they wine you and dine you and when get home you get the ol' "We want the other guy instead" or "sorry, the governor has frozen hiring for the year" Kills me every time. You just have to keep going, I suppose. Good luck today!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Toshi, yeah it sucks. I've had several interviews for tenure track faculty positions fall through in the last year or so. You get all excited at the interview because they wine you and dine you and when get home you get the ol' "We want the other guy instead" or "sorry, the governor has frozen hiring for the year" Kills me every time. You just have to keep going, I suppose. Good luck today!
thanks. sucks that each successive little hoop to jump through can foul you up -- going through a PhD and post-doc(s) or an MD only gets you to the door, and then jump, little doggie, jump!

:twitch:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
sucks.

Sucks, man. Hang in there. With such a high demand for health care workers in this country, I'm sure you'll come out of this just fine.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
thanks. sucks that each successive little hoop to jump through can foul you up -- going through a PhD and post-doc(s) or an MD only gets you to the door, and then jump, little doggie, jump!

:twitch:
Yeah, I'm like a perma-postdoc at this point. I will have been here 4 years this July. I get paid decently for a postdoc, but it sure would be nice to settle down somewhere permanently.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just got back from a sweet little trail ride. Freezing temps provided really firm, fast trails...I now hate the world a little bit less.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Just got back from a sweet little trail ride. Freezing temps provided really firm, fast trails...I now hate the world a little bit less.
I love the point right when it starts to thaw before it's muddy. Just a little crunchy, but very tacky.:banana:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had dinner with the family yesterday and slept really well last night...first time in about a week so I feel great today. I am hoping to beat the rain and get in a short ride tonight but if I don't, it's rollers/trainer for me and perhaps a bike club meeting...not sure if I am going yet or not.

Toshi - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!