Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Well I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed awake this morning......apparently, I've been up since 4am---thinking it was 5. Some clown(*cough* Colin) has been doodling with the buttons on my alarm clock and somehow managed to set the time forward about a little over an hour. :disgust1: I was wondering why it was so eerily quiet in the neighborhood when I started the car this morning......when I saw the clock on the radio in my truck, I laughed out loud. I decided to come on in since I was already up and have been here getting some stuff done without any distractions. I'm sure this will take its toll around 2 or 3pm today and I'll hit the wall, but that's life, huh?

For anyone who watched the NCAA Final's last night, did you notice Roy Williams(UNC coach) cheering for Kansas..........and wearing a Kansas shirt??!!!! :shocked:

Local sports talk radio around here is absolutely killing him over this today already.......:biggrin:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Herrrroooooo......

I fell asleep before the NCAA game even started last night. Sounds like I missed a hell of a game. Oh well. I like sleep.

I'm going to have to work super late tonight (like, until 430 this afternoon). suX0rz.

I noticed the early forecast is calling for rain again all weekend. What the friggin hell?? :mad:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Watched Cloverfield last night. Thought it was pretty good actually.

Played about with my old bike this morning. Trying to sell it. Some Fench kid is coming by tonight to have a look at it. Fingers crossed then. The money from the sale is needed to build up my new bike...

Meanwhile, here is a giant rubber duck:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. Our neighbors had us over to watch the game last night and I am ****ing beat. I stayed up way too late and drank too much beer to have my run work out this morning but I am still going to go. It's a short day, and I've got meetings all morning so I can get in a little later than usual.

I had an employee fill out a time card incorrectly, again. And by incorrectly I mean, he called in sick to work last Monday but put down that he worked 9 hours along with a few other major mistakes. This is the second pay period in a row that I have specifically asked him to make adjustments on his time card. Why does this asshole still have a job? I'm asking myself the same thing. Anyway I get to look forward to cleaning that up today. This work thing is getting old.

Anyway, have a good day everyone.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning all.

i got my bike back last night. rear wheel was trued free of charge (phew) and it looks like the weather will offer up a perfect day for a lunch ride (working from home certainly has it's perks)

everyone have a great day...and try and keep the drama down. i'm trying to work. :biggrin:

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning Monkeys..

Back to work for a 2 days, then off to Dallas tomorrow. The house move went well.

Have a good day all!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Quiet evening last night. Nothing planned for today to speak of. The wife is headed out of town on business Wed.-Fri. so I'm gearing up for kid duty. Actually, I've got a meeting Wed. night and going to a concert Thurs. night so my mom is babysitting both nights. Planned that right! ;)

Have a good day munkeys! :monkeydance:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Y'all. Back after a long weekend. Went to visit some friends back in NY and drank tremendous amounts of beer and ate tremendous amounts of Pizza.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

i feel like death this morning. i forgot how benadryl makes you feel completely stuffed up when you first wake up in the morning. i think i caught a cold or something, it's a little early for allergies to kick in and i usually don't feel like the way i do now.

class from 11-7 today and it's not going to be fun.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Hola. I am making a brief appearance at work today and then I am going home to get ready for a week in the Keys. We will be camping on the beach. I have been going to the Keys off and on since I was a kid. I can hull a coconut in one minute flat.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Hola. I am making a brief appearance at work today and then I am going home to get ready for a week in the Keys. We will be camping on the beach. I have been going to the Keys off and on since I was a kid. I can hull a coconut in one minute flat.
Oh how nice. I miss the beach. Bring back pictures!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Did a quick ride last night in the pine barrens of Albany - it felt acrid, if you can believe that! Must be the scrub brush and the bone dry sand whipping around. Mo got a chance to ride after me and somehow blew her front brake - lost the plug in her hayes hfx lever (and hence all the fluid) but decided to keep on riding anyway ("there's no no big hills here, who needs a front brake, anyway?" - I love that attitude!).

Today = post work, seeing riding friends who just had a baby last week, then home to maybe fix her lever or swap out forks on her DH bike (just got her sherman slider back, the Super T I put on last year seemingly needs new seals/had leaked this winter all over her front rim...).

Later!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i wimped out and rode the bus around town instead of riding yesterday since it was a marathon of errands.

one of those errands was to visit an electric bicycle store. i'm thinking of picking one up for commuting and general around town utility use with the rack. thoughts on electric bikes? $995 used for one that's like this:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Oh how nice. I miss the beach. Bring back pictures!
Will do, Laura.

We are at Bahia Honda this year. I had to reserve 11 months in advance to get in. Very popular, but where else you going to stay on a tropical island for $30 a night?

I usually don't go near Key West. It reminds me of downtown Orlando with seagulls.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My favorite "Sopranos" episode. Didn't see any random Russian gangsters with bullet wounds, did ya?
No, but this park has been "better" known as a gay pick up spot many years ago before they started patrolling. On my 1st ride there, I kept on smelling heavy cologne on the trail. Finally, I come upon some guy sitting across a log with a classic Village People mustache and Daisy Duke shorts!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Will do, Laura.

We are at Bahia Honda this year. I had to reserve 11 months in advance to get in. Very popular, but where else you going to stay on a tropical island for $30 a night?

I usually don't go near Key West. It reminds me of downtown Orlando with seagulls.
Have a good time there - been going to the Keys since I was 12 (before it turned into the southern most Disneyland). My uncle still volunteers at the Wrecker's Museum on lower Duval, a pretty cool old place amongst the damned T shirt stores. If you check it out, as for George - he's a very 'stately' gentleman, seriously.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Finally got our taxes done last night (I have NEVER waited this long, but our preparer was away and we had to cancel our first appointment in February as we all had the flu). We are getting a nice chunk of change back from Federal and owe a little state (the norm for us). Then we grabbed some pizza and picked up some free theater seats. One of the local theaters just re-did all their seats and we asked if we could have a few to put by the play area and the horseshoe pits in the back yard and they said "take as many as you want".

4th grade science tests today mean a fairly easy morning for me and a busy afternoon! Yeah!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yoddy yo, all. Slept smooth thru my alarm this AM, my son woke me up poking me in the chest asking if I was allright since I'm usually long gone before 6:15. Ah well, cruised into work and am waaay beind, but it'll sort out.

Last night ordered up all the parts to make my bike SRAM and plus a fellow rider is selling me a sweet handbuilt wheelset with like 4 sets of tires for 200 buckaroos.

It's gonna be a nice spring riding season!

Get to work!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
rep! Nice one.

I have a friend who used to work for the Albany police dept. When he and his partner were bored, they'd go to the park to try to get picked up for money. He's got some great stories...
Police Department didn't pay enough?