Quantcast

~~ Tuesday GMT~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning! Rise and shine! Up and at 'em!

Ugh, can't sleep. I've been up since around 4am. WTF I say.
Not much to report here; long day of work yesterday, another in store today. I'll pack up the bike for an after work ride but I'll probably want a nap by then instead.

Coffee in hand ... have a great day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, fellow monkeys. It looks like we are going to have to break down and finally turn on the a/c in the house. Yesterday was borderline, but we're looking at temps in the mid-90's the next two days. I'm glad Monday is over. Yesterday I was tired, work dragged, I had a two hour meeting in the afternoon, I skipped my workout, and dinner wasn't great. I did watch the Red Sox game though. They're starting to play really well and Clay Buchholz is showing why the Sox refused to include him in any trades the last couple of years. Dude is lights out. :monkey:

Have a good one, yo!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Wow, hello early birds! Another Tuesday. Last night was workout, dinner then 24 finale/Flyers game.

Jack is running to the island that was recently vacated by the Lost folks.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I have to go yell at Monro Muffler and Brake today. The parking brake cable on my truck broke for the second, yes second time in two weeks.

Last night was a good workout, lots of movement and ton of sweat, but then again I sweat like a faucet at 30 degrees anyway.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a cloudy start to the day, but we should be in sunshine by the end of the day. A couple of us went last night to a showing of Anthill's "Follow Me." It was a hell of a good time, and the movie theatre served beer!! Afterwards, about 100 mtb'ers descended on the beer & wings joint across the street. Good times.

Guess I'd better get on with the day..... y'all have a good one! :thumb:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Morning all. Holy balls was it windy yesterday, gusts were hitting almost 70 at the airport in the afternoon. I though the hangar was going to take off. The good news was conditions were so bad yesterday that no airplanes were moving in/out of Colorado Springs, so I managed to finish my book, and even take a little nap, all on the clock, oh yea! To top things off, its Friday!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
miles got a used set of clubs yesterday so we hit the driving range after dinner. good times.

the celtics played ok, but really unraveled towards the end. they certainly didn't deserve to win the game, but it's a good sign since the Magic barely won w/ monster games from Howard and Nelson, and Lewis had signs of awakening. they gotta nail it down next game.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Tuesday! I rode to the pool yesterday for my first swim in about 10 days since I was gone on vacation. It felt good. Last night Derek and I hit up locals night at Deschutes Brewery. I had a D Staat Dubble - 7.1% served in a snifter. I thought it was pretty good - spicey with taste of caramel, mocha and yumminess. My second beer was Dark Rye 5.6%- they took the idea of Danish pumpernickel bread and made it into a beer...a variety of rye malts and noble hops give this beer its unique mild flavors and aromas. Two thumbs up for that beer.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Did some pleasant XC riding in the valley trails up in Whister with some novice rider friends.

I'm no pro, but man, when you hang around advanced riders all the time, and are always the last guy in the line, it sure is easy to forget just how "novice" novices can be.

There were tears.

I even managed to bend my derailleur (hopefully not the hanger too) attempting to show off my awesome skidding skillz. Gosh, Nevegals really bite. The rear hooked up a little better than expected, went OTB, did the over-the-bars-leap, landed on my feet. Unfortunately, the bike met the ground with the derailleur.

Drat.