Quantcast

~~~Tuesday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! How's everybody? We continue the lumberjack games here in Southren MD, but full power on so all is good.

Appears this Labor Day will actually consist of labor, but I have a ton of firewood now!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OMFG there were just TWO GMT's!! :panic: I fixed the problem. Phew...dodged a bullet there.

Happy Tuesday, monkeys! Yesterday was largely uneventful. Work, followed by an 8.5 mile run. My running route had to be tweaked thanks to part of it now being underwater. And someone really needs to get out there and sweep the rail trail. What a mess.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I was slacking on the job this morning by not starting the GMT.

No yard cleanup for me, we didn't get any trees downed, and we have "Mexicans" to do our yard work.

Moved back into the hotel for the time being in RI. Sitting in the field office doing nothing again today. Most of the line spotters (linemen) for the operation have been called to respond to all the power outages. I don't foresee any work for me at all this week.

I may take a tour of the right of way to see where I may be working later today.

Be safe out there.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Worked yesterday, then teh Joker and I went out for pizza. It sounds like he has a couple of good rides lined up this week, which makes me working seem THAT much more awesomer. :hmm:

Cruiser ride tonight.

I need to send in my rear brake under warranty, and I'd like to service my Boxxer before the weekend. Maybe tomorrow.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
:wave:

Flatted again on my way in this morning. Been going through a sh1t load of tubes lately. :think:
Time to go tubeless.

I had an awesome time up at Whiteface this past Saturday! I went to a clinic and did pretty well once I learned to let go of my death grip on the brakes. I still don't think downhilling is my cup of tea, but I had fun anyway, and that's all that matters.

Not much on the agenda for this week. It'll be the last week of organized mountain bike rides I lead for the local cycling club due to the lack of daylight in the evenings. I'll start organizing some informal night rides each week from now until the snow starts flying.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin'.
started moving yesterday. the new place is nice & has hops growing everywhere!
work is gonna be work & it is only tuesday. no meetings though. planning my next tattoos. I got a couple of ideas but need to work on the art, like i have any spare time.
anywho...

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
day 3 with no power im at my aunts house to check my email for school updates. half of my town is cut off with trees blocking the roads this is starting to get annoying. oh well be safe out there monkeys.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Looped out big time last night on the trials bike and destroyed my good ear buds. I can't use apple ear buds, it's like sticking rocks in my ear.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Finally got our power back on from the storm. We managed to make out well (no power since Sunday afternoon) with one tree narrowly missing our woodshed (6") and our backyard creek is about 5x it's normal size. I just started seeing the flooding from my hometown of Salem and so many of my friends families and friends growing up have lost everything. I am sad and at a loss as to what to do for them at this point.

My next task will be going through the fridge to see what's bad and what's good. Fun, fun! Better get some more coffee pressed!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
another baking day on the west coast. fricking misplaced my wallet someplace in the house. It will probably turn up after I cancel all my credit cards, at least my Drivers lic and FD ID were in my camelback from when I went out for a ride

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
When you can buy bulk tubes online for $2 a piece, the added time spent finding, cleaning and patching a tube seems like a waste. My time is too valuable.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
When you can buy bulk tubes online for $2 a piece, the added time spent finding, cleaning and patching a tube seems like a waste. My time is too valuable.
Given that the vast majority of the tubes I'm changing are roadie tubes on my commuter, while I'm going to or from work, messing with a patch kit in the dark (going) really isn't an option due to hassle and time constraint.

my time is valuable too, but i'm a cheapskate
I do carry patches just in case. Today for instance, I *thought* I had a spare tube, only to find out the tube I was carrying was the tube from the last flat I got. :doh: Patch to the rescue.