Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No GMT yet? You guys are slacking bad.

:wave:

I'm officially in full freak out mode about how I'm going to get to Tempe for my race on saturday. The odds of us getting out there on standby are about nil. I'm currently working on plan C which consists of driving to Denver, flying to LA, then driving with friends to Tempe. Jeebus. If that fails its a thirteen hour drive from here and we HAVE to be in Tempe no later than 5pm Friday to pick up race packets. :panic:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I'm officially in full freak out mode about how I'm going to get to Tempe for my race on saturday. The odds of us getting out there on standby are about nil. I'm currently working on plan C which consists of driving to Denver, flying to LA, then driving with friends to Tempe. Jeebus. If that fails its a thirteen hour drive from here and we HAVE to be in Tempe no later than 5pm Friday to pick up race packets. :panic:
Stay home. Save the money and buy beer. No running AND you get to drink more beer. Basically for free. Win/win. Sometimes it pays to think outside the box, man...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Had a nice evening with the family last night and am staring out my windown wishing I was outside for much of today. Oh well...I do enjoy getting paid so work isn't that bad.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Currently sitting at home. Went into the office this morning and checked my emails. Seems I wasn't supposed to go in until after lunch. Late day yesterday, combined with a late day today means I get the morning off. Did a couple of things around the condo. What to do for lunch.

Be safe out there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy day/week/month here. Our office is moving so we're packing, building etc...

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Walked over to the bike shop to get a couple of brake ferrules. They have a new guy from new york. He gave me two and said "I ain't gonna charge you nothin, go on, get out!" LOL

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Morning!

Just got in from Boston LATE last night... GF ran the Boston Marathon. Extremely tough race for her, 90 degree temps (ambient) had her struggling, but she did well, in spite of the heat. I'd guess the pavement to be like 100 I'm sure. At mile 7 I saw her, and she was ready to quit. I gave her a pep talk, told her to keep hydrating and just run what she could, she had nothing to prove. Just qualifying for Boston is an achievement, and running it is an experience. She turned a corner at mile 9 or 10, and ran a great race. Saw her again at mile 17 and she could not have been happier she stuck it out, big smile and was just enjoying the run. She finished 45 minutes off her goal time, but in 90* heat what can you do? Couple that with the achilles tendonitis she had during training, and I think she killed it. Mentally it was a great race for her, even if not so much physically.

Me? Well, I got to drink beers and soak up some sun. Good times!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Good thing I had the morning off. The granite guy didn't get the message not to try to install the counter top today. He showed up and we now have new granite counter tops.

When he was leaving, he said it was a good thing I was home, because he wouldn't be able to get back this way until sometime next week.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Afternoon! It was 86 yesterday and it's 53 today. WTF! Well at least it's sunny.

I'm ready for the warmer temperatures to stick around longer.