Quantcast

~~~Tuesday GMT~~~

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Hey Slackers! And I say that with all due respect! Get up. A soggy today here in America's Trailer Park. I dislike Florida. But I'm vertical and moving so it's a good day.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yesterday I was in Norwalk videotaping a building that is connected to Northrop Grumman. Was not allowed to video Northrop, but will need to in the future. The lawyers need to sort things out first.

Moar office today.

Be safe out there.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still raining. What a great start to Oregon Summer. The rest of this week "should" be nice. I am riding in if it kills me, and it just might.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I checked on the newly greenhoused garden this morning, and the growth since yesterday morning was shocking. I would estimate a roughly 50%+ additional growth to just about everything planted, even the plants that were struggling post hail damage. I am very much a fan of the greenhouse. No other plans.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Yeah! Greenhouses are awesome! We had a small one set up inside by a window and also had lights in it! It was amazing how fast things would grow! They got too big for that little greenhouse pretty quickly!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Yo kiddos. It's Tuesday. Why is it 54 degrees at the end of June? (Just thought I'd join the general whining about the weather thing... there should be a thread for that...)

Anyhoo...

Big gulps huh?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I checked on the newly greenhoused garden this morning, and the growth since yesterday morning was shocking. I would estimate a roughly 50%+ additional growth to just about everything planted, even the plants that were struggling post hail damage. I am very much a fan of the greenhouse. No other plans.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. You all sound like I feel. Just kind of blah!
I'm hoping to fix that today too!
I am anything but Blah....... If I get down at all, I jsut think about teh smile and look I get from one who is a very long time friend, who punched me last week for not kissing her fourteen years ago.... lets just say tehre was a huge lightbulb that went off for us both and we now realize why our relationships have always failed.... Never spoken but we always wanted each other. Even her mom asked me WTF took me so long to kiss her...............

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
I am anything but Blah....... If I get down at all, I jsut think about teh smile and look I get from one who is a very long time friend, who punched me last week for not kissing her fourteen years ago.... lets just say tehre was a huge lightbulb that went off for us both and we now realize why our relationships have always failed.... Never spoken but we always wanted each other. Even her mom asked me WTF took me so long to kiss her...............

Nice job dude!!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
hmm....maybe it's a parallax/line-of-sight issue, but from briargate it looks like the incline is now ablaze
perspective: http://www.krdo.com/news/WATCH-LIVE-KRDO-NewsChannel-13/-/417220/14776454/-/12eydmxz/-/index.html
I'd have to imagine that if the incline was on fire they would have re-evacuated Manitou. Sounds like riding at Rampart might be out for a while though.

Pre-evacuation orders went out in Teller County shortly after noon for part of Woodland Park.

The order affects neighborhoods east of U.S. Highway 24 and Baldwin Street, which becomes Rampart Range Road and also is known as County Road 22.

The pre-evacuation order includes Woodland Park High School, which had been an evacuation site early on in the fire.

Neighborhoods affected include Country Ridge Estates, Forest Edge Estates, Forest Edge Park, Thunderbird Estates, Paradise Estates, Aspen Acres and Sunny Glen.

This is not a mandatory evacuation but residents are urged to pack essential belongings and be prepared to evacuate.

Sherl Decker, county administrator and PIO of the Sheriff for the Waldo Canyon Fire, said residents should monitor news media and offiical websites for more information.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
local news :(
Dear Riders,

No ProCycling Classic race on July 1st at Palmer Park.

I just received the call from City Parks telling me that ALL City Parks are closed until further notice. This is due to the Waldo Canyon Fire.

We are working on a recheduled date for our July 1st ProCycling Classic at Palmer Park and should have that by the end of this week or early next week.

I will have additional information on the www.sandcreeksports.com site and FB site tomorrow by mid-morning.

I'm sure we can all agree that this is the best thing to do.

Next race is the Ascent Cycling Series, July 18 at Bear Creek Terrace

Thank you and most sincerely,

Andy Bohlmann
Sand Creek Sports
pretty sure no one reads the colorado forum...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
tickets bought today...

louis ck
dinosaur jr
afghan whigs
jesus and mary chain...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm not sure which is more shocking: the oak leaf size piece of ash that just landed, or that afghan whigs are still throwing down

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I hope that you stay away from the fires and stay safe! If you need a place to crash in Denver for a bit, please let me know.
Thanks man! Were in the clear for right now, but the way things have been going I might hit you up on that later. Everything is still west of the freeway, but thats my worry line too. It crosses that and I'll start getting agitated. :panic:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
The view as I left work today was no good, that's looking right at Boulder. Looks like they got a couple new fires on either side of the Flatirons. No bueno.

For the CO guys, looks like we won't be riding Walker Ranch anytime soon. The last big fire there was what, 2000 I remember reading? Lots of burned out dry timber for that fire to chew through. I was there two weeks ago for a couple laps, too bad - that was good for a quick after work haul.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yall stay safe..... Been there years ago having large wildfires beating the doors down here in Socal. ****ty feeling going to work like all is normal knowing how quickly it can turn all to **** and destroy everything you know....... Stay safe out that ways

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It was an Ibupropen sort of afternoon. Spent the day modifying the steel brackets in the back of the new ambulances to accomodate the larger diameter of Aluminum M O2 tanks vs steel ones. Had to rebend and reshape 8 cresent shaped brackets using wrenches and a mini sledge. It took me 2.5 hours but it worked out perfectly.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thanks man! Were in the clear for right now, but the way things have been going I might hit you up on that later. Everything is still west of the freeway, but thats my worry line too. It crosses that and I'll start getting agitated. :panic:
I sent you an email, but the same here. We have an uninhabited floor, so feel free to make the call if you need it.