Quantcast

~~ Tuesday GMT ~~

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Get up!

I gave up on sleep around 4:15, made coffee, ran to the store for milk and STILL no GMT from the East Coasters?
Supposed to snow again today.

Have a great day. Ok? Ok.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

In Fort Lauderdale helping out our FL office for the next 2 weeks. Yesterday was 86* and today is supposed to be the same. Figures, I go to FL and they are in the midst of a heat wave.

Be safe out there.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TWO GMT'S!? That's the kind of thing that gets people into a whole heap of trouble. I took care of it though, thus completing my ridemonkey administrator responsibilities for the year.

'Morning.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
how's the knee, Cupcake?
I literally could not be doing any better after three weeks, thanks for asking. PT session this afternoon and I am hoping they unlock the brace. I am still hobbling around and sleeping with my leg locked out in a fully extended position. The knee still aches and is very weak, as is expected. I'm way ahead of the curve though for recovery.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
will be seeing soundgarden again at the tabernacle in atlanta.....1990 at the bayou in DC all over again....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nothing new here. Going to see my neurologist for my annual check up. Wifey's business is finally cranking up, which is nice. Last night we were able to cut ourselves a $7000 check after setting aside withholding for taxes. It doesn't sound like much, but it's pretty damn good considering that she is working and watching Haley. It feels good to be able to put a chunk of money into our retirement accounts, Haley's school fund, and our brokerage account.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Ever since getting back from our "vacation" last week my son has not been sleeping through the night. He keeps waking up in the middle of the night wanting a bottle. I'm sure we were spoiled before that my 8mo son would actually sleep 8hrs during the night but I'd really like it if he could start doing that again. I need my beauty sleep :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Rolling in late today since I'll be staying late, then going to rehearsal after that. Late all around.

The upside is that the wind band I and the wife are in should start rehearsing the ensemble part for the double concerto (clarinet and trumpet for her and me, respectively) that we will perform in April tonight.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
From a thread about compulsive liars

"It's been 10 years so I don't remember all the details, but basically he claimed that from the age of 10 to about 16, he was a mercenary on the streets in a big secret shadow war between the "street mercs" and the "corporate mercs". In our hometown, Toledo, OH. They would fight in the streets, alleys, and in the sewers. Sound like a comic book yet? It gets worse. He is a rail thin, gaunt skeleton of a man. He claims that at that age, he was small and nimble enough that his weapons were blades strapped to his wrists (like Wolverine, only single blades), and that he could run on all fours, on the tips of his blades (nevermind the damage that would do to a blade). His partner was a 400 lb black man whose street name was "Donut", because he wore a spare tire around his neck on a chain. He was light enough that Donut could pick him up one-handed, and HURL him at their enemies (see: Wolverine/Colossus "fastball special"). Apparently at some point, Donut died in battle. And when he tells you this story? He gets genuinely choked up."

DONUT, NOOOOO!!!!!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
From a thread about compulsive liars

"It's been 10 years so I don't remember all the details, but basically he claimed that from the age of 10 to about 16, he was a mercenary on the streets in a big secret shadow war between the "street mercs" and the "corporate mercs". In our hometown, Toledo, OH. They would fight in the streets, alleys, and in the sewers. Sound like a comic book yet? It gets worse. He is a rail thin, gaunt skeleton of a man. He claims that at that age, he was small and nimble enough that his weapons were blades strapped to his wrists (like Wolverine, only single blades), and that he could run on all fours, on the tips of his blades (nevermind the damage that would do to a blade). His partner was a 400 lb black man whose street name was "Donut", because he wore a spare tire around his neck on a chain. He was light enough that Donut could pick him up one-handed, and HURL him at their enemies (see: Wolverine/Colossus "fastball special"). Apparently at some point, Donut died in battle. And when he tells you this story? He gets genuinely choked up."

DONUT, NOOOOO!!!!!!
Peyote's a helluva drug

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Nothing new here. Going to see my neurologist for my annual check up. Wifey's business is finally cranking up, which is nice. Last night we were able to cut ourselves a $7000 check after setting aside withholding for taxes. It doesn't sound like much, but it's pretty damn good considering that she is working and watching Haley. It feels good to be able to put a chunk of money into our retirement accounts, Haley's school fund, and our brokerage account.
What does she do now?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What does she do now?
She has a business doing marketing and new business development in residential real estate. She is working primarily for her prior employer as a contractor. All of her new business is side projects to the clients of her prior employer. She also does some copywriting and real estate blog posting on the side.