Quantcast

`<\ Tuesday GMT />'

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
home inspection went well. some signs of termites - but that's already been treated and addressed. Only other real problem is the shower in the master bath, shower stall is leaking to the ceiling below, part of the wall wasn't caulked properly, and the door isn't aligned correctly and leaks. All pretty unexcusable for a bathroom that was just remodelled.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Still not feeling so good today (stayed home sick yesterday).

Had a fairly good weekend though. On Saturday it was 50* and sunny so we got in some awesome Spring skiing. Did my final run of the day in shorts :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
home inspection went well. some signs of termites - but that's already been treated and addressed. Only other real problem is the shower in the master bath, shower stall is leaking to the ceiling below, part of the wall wasn't caulked properly, and the door isn't aligned correctly and leaks. All pretty unexcusable for a bathroom that was just remodelled.
That's a harbinger of ****ty work elsewhere, IMO.

I've yet to roll out the door. No more bike commuting for me on Long Island after yesterday's near-encounters, made all the easier by the gloom, rain, and 40 degrees outside at the moment.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's a harbinger of ****ty work elsewhere, IMO.
typically i'd be inclined to agree, but everything else checked out. The inspector we had was really thorough. We spent a little over 3 hours going over everything. Obviously the house isn't gonna be in perfect condition, it is 43 years old.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
typically i'd be inclined to agree, but everything else checked out. The inspector we had was really thorough. We spent a little over 3 hours going over everything. Obviously the house isn't gonna be in perfect condition, it is 43 years old.
Don't you mean unclined?

I slept poorly last night due to jet lag. I woke up at around 2am and listened to a tribute to Stompin' Tom Connors podcast. Made me think about working abroad instead of in Canada... Canada is pretty awesome.

Just a few more months...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Don't you mean unclined?
wtf kind of engrish do you speak in canadia?

in·clined adjective \in-&#712;kl&#299;nd, 2 also &#712;in-&#716;\
Definition of INCLINED
1: having inclination, disposition, or tendency
unclined
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If they don't agree to fix it, might deep six the deal.

But in case you didn't read the rest of my post, everything else checked out fine.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
If they don't agree to fix it, might deep six the deal.

But in case you didn't read the rest of my post, everything else checked out fine.
It's just stuff you can't see in a regular, non-destructive home inspection I'd be worried about. How is the subfloor in the bathroom with the leaking shower? If there's water damage to the ceiling below you know there's all sorts of water damage beneath the shower......to what extent, you can't tell without ripping up tile. Is there termite damage in another portion of the house that you can't see?

Sometimes it's what you can't see that is the biggest problem.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's just stuff you can't see in a regular, non-destructive home inspection I'd be worried about. How is the subfloor in the bathroom with the leaking shower? Is there termite damage in another portion of the house that you can't see? Sometimes it's what you can't see that is the biggest problem.
We'll have them check the subfloor as part of the repair work.

Other portions of the house where there's the potential for termite damage are visible and have been checked (did a full termite inspection too, which in PA is a separate inspection from the regular home inspection). Basement is unfinished (so everything is visible). siding was replaced and if there was anything under the siding it would have been caught.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Only other real problem is the shower in the master bath, shower stall is leaking to the ceiling below, part of the wall wasn't caulked properly, and the door isn't aligned correctly and leaks. All pretty unexcusable for a bathroom that was just remodelled.
brother had the same kind of problem....claim filed...problem fixed....beginning of the year rolls around home owners policy cancelled for said claim...

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning kiddos. It's Tuesday, it really felt too early to wake up this morning. Making teh big bucks today.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Had my purple belt promotion last night.

Jiu Jitsu is a weird sport. To celebrate a promotion everyone ties a big knot in their belt, gets it wet and beats you with it until you are covered in welts.