Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Wow has the weather been something else this week. Street in front of my house was a lake yesterday afternoon. People closer to the mountain near the burn scar are getting it worse.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Wow has the weather been something else this week. Street in front of my house was a lake yesterday afternoon. People closer to the mountain near the burn scar are getting it worse.
that's the second time ive seen video like that from your area in the last couple months.....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
naam were excellent last night.

the 15-20 other people in attendance probably agreed.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
that's the second time ive seen video like that from your area in the last couple months.....
August is typically the wettest month of the year here, but this year is as wet as any thing I've seen in 9 years. Manitou is getting the worst of it because it lays at the bottom of three different canyons, all of which saw fire activity 2 years ago so the soil isn't holding any of the water. I24 has been closed every afternoon for several days now due to flash flooding.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hopefully the rain lets up enough this afternoon for a ride. The bike is on the car and ready to go, weather permitting.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is the sunroof closed?

Just looking out.
Wifey's car now lives in the garage, so minimal risk there. I also do not have that swank, so we're good. That being said, I'm smart enough not to drive my car into deep standing water. That's far stupider than forgetting to close the sunroof.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey's car now lives in the garage, so minimal risk there. I also do not have that swank, so we're good. That being said, I'm smart enough not to drive my car into deep standing water. That's far stupider than forgetting to close the sunroof.
at least i'm smart enough to remember to shut the sunroof.

and that wasn't standing water.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
When I made fun of him for that, he tried to defend it by saying the water was flowing pretty strongly. :rofl:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Good morning! Been making the long commute to work from the cabin. #firstworldawesomeness
Biting my nails about the work thing.
Coffee in hand.
Good convo with the 6 year old on the drive and traffic was good... we got the carpool lane!
Whoop whoop!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
do you have any left?
You don't want it. That isht will f*ck you up.

http://www.rxlist.com/keppra-drug.htm

What are the possible side effects of levetiracetam (Keppra)?

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Call your doctor at once if you have any new or worsening symptoms such as: mood or behavior changes, depression, anxiety, or if you feel agitated, hostile, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

•hallucinations;
•fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
•weakness, lack of coordination;
•increasing or worsening seizures; or
•nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:

•dizziness, spinning sensation;
•drowsiness;
•feeling irritable;
•headache;
•runny nose, sore throat; or
•neck pain.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning. Still on a fun hangover from the weekend. Declined a ride with Stoney due to a 70% chance of rain and a 100% chance of needing to get some work done. Being sad that riding will be somewhat limited this week, unless I get up at the crack of dawn. Cirque du Soleil tomorrow night with my lady and her parents, should be pretty rad.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo, off this week with the kiddo. BMX race Sunday in neighboring VT. Kid got his 1st trophy - 2nd in 6 Novice, he was psyched! He worked very hard- wrecked once, tangled once & won a moto. Dad also took 2nd in old dude cruiser (well, I beat a teen, frickin' kid).

Pre game psych on:

Post race glow:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
there's a bbq place in colorado.....georgia boys...cheerwine is served...must investigate further.

by the way...cheerwine is fvcking nasty....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Caught a window in the rain and got in a quick trail ride. I set a bunch of PR's, despite feeling like I was going to die. Definitely starting to get stronger and the weight loss is helping too.

I do have one comment though... a great big F*CK YOU to the guy on the white Intense or Yeti, with no helmet or shirt, who ran me off the trail going up, because he didn't yield. And also a second go F*CK YOURSELF for riding my ass all the way down The Wall. I would like to think that I am pretty fast descending and tend to ride at the limit of what would be considered safe for a multi-use trail. He caught me, gave no notification, and rode my ass until I found a safe place to pull off. As I rode down, still at a quick pace, I had two people call me an asshole and pretty much everybody else gave me nasty looks. Given how he was riding when I interacted with him, he never slowed down or gave notice. Great trail etiquette.

Evan- I'd guess you know this guy, or somebody who does. If you or somebody does, tell him (or them to pass along) to learn some trail etiquette. Dude is stupid fast, rides a white Intense or Yeti, with dark hair, possibly tends to not wear shirts or helmets when he rides, and rode DC today. He was riding closed course DH speeds on the descent at 4:45pm, which is stupid.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that sucks. good candidate for a brake check on the wall?
It was slick enough that there was no way I was stopping, which is probably why I set a PR on it... He was likely less than a bike length off me the whole time. When I aired the drop off the bottom, I heard him go airborne before I landed...

That description actually sounds familiar. Is this him?
Well played.