Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Brrrrrrrrrr. It's currently 26* outside and lots of frost on the ground. Time for some more hot coffee.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I, too, am considering a sick day tomorrow. I intend to do a 50 miler on the road bike this week to mark a milestone. Wednesday looks like the best weather day.

Is it me or does it seem like we've done Halloween for like a week and a half?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Last BMX practice tonight- layering up my lilly livered kid! Trunk'r Treat last BMX race at the track this Friday...still trying to see how my kid's costume (a mashed up skeleton ninja) will work with all his protective gear!

We did brainstorm some thoughts for next year's costume - the Headless Horseman, with the bike dressed up as the horse!

Last edited:

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
sitting as the CNC runs... looking for that badass picture of steve smith at crankworx air DH with the dude with a chainsaw? there was a certain angle

its not this photo

but zoomed in and a far distance from the rock face

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sitting as the CNC runs... looking for that badass picture of steve smith at crankworx air DH with the dude with a chainsaw? there was a certain angle

its not this photo

but zoomed in and a far distance from the rock face
yea, chainsaws show up from time to time at races. the chains are removed (and sometimes even the bar) for obvious safety reasons

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Didn't get to the gym. Apparently they changed their daycare hours to only 9am-12pm - ie. stay home moms. Instead we went grocery shopping. Wifey is making a pumpkin and sausage soup tonight. I do love how cheap pumpkins are right now, because they are good eats.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This morning started with me holding my travel mug under the Keurig like every other morning, except this time I forgot to remove the lid. Scalding coffee all over your hand is not the best way to start the day.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Howdy Ho!!

Despite living in the SF Bay for most of my life I had never made it to Big Basin. I finally scoped it out over the weekend and that place is AWESOME!

:eek::eek::eek:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
But seriously. I've always wanted to go backpacking in the North East.

One day...
maine is an awesome place to go, there's still a TON there i haven't seen, and i've been going since i was a kid.

also, maine does in fact have serious wilderness. google "north maine woods". if it were a national park, it would be larger than yellowstone and yosemite combined

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hahaha I bet that was a long walk back.

The sign says 6 hrs, how long did it take you?

Stupid hikers!
We got called out at 2:30 pm in winter with a storm coming in: Hiker missing two days had been found. Started down the Sunset trail from Middle fireroad with med gear and a stokes basket mounted on an ATV wheel at 3:30pm, on headlamps at 4:30 reached the hiker and Park SAR ranger at 6pm. We hiked back up and reached the Engines and ambulance at 10:30 pm. Severely dehydrated and hypothermic hiker was flown to Valley Med Center at 11pm, we reached our station at midnight absolutely beat.