Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

New kids over torqued a O2 fitting, it broke and the hose with the remainder of its brass fitting took off like an unmanned fire hose. Looks like someone walked down the side of the airplane beating it randomly with a ball peen hammer. :rofl:

Gonna be above freezing today.:eek:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Compressed gases make great rocket propellant. Actually saw a 3000 psi N2 bottle go shooting across a flight line once!

Mass panic in the DC area today, winter warnings, chaos, schools shutdown. It's raining.

Got to poop in the blue water this morning, this will be a good day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
snows' already flying here. called the wife and told her not to bother going to the office, roads are bad and getting worse. trying to figure out what time would be best for me to high tail it out of here

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ran 2 miles yesterday and didn't die. No random pains. I believe I am now light enough to start running again. Yeah!

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hmmm, snowing and shutting down cities elsewere? Still have four inches of ice in the road and its life as usual here, thats my favorite part about being here, people do not freak because its snowing, hell hiking un knee deep snow is normal here...

Might warm up enough this weekend for some ice fishing

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
1st "real" day back at work post pat leave. Worked yesterday but was at a conference. Miss the 'lil chubby guy already.

In other news, am thinking about going retro and building up a chrome S&M speedwagon cruiser!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
saw a trailer for the new godzilla movie....it was like being five years old again.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I called in sick today. Not really sick in the sick sense (mildest of sore throats), but certainly sick enough in the sense that I have fifteen remaining sick days this academic year and they're not going to use themselves…

Flying to Denver on Thursday! :thumb: No time to see you busy monkies this time, though--interview dinner Thursday night, interviews Friday, and then hanging out with my sister, her husband, and their now two kids on Friday before flying back early Saturday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Even if I move to Denver I'm not going to start running. **** that ****. :D

(I would bike and ski, though. :banana: )

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you don't row anymore?
The closest boat house I have found is in Cherry Creek, and their on-water practice is at 5:45am. I am at work then, so it is difficult to get onto the water, sadly. If I could, I would be on the water whenever I could.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The closest boat house I have found is in Cherry Creek, and their on-water practice is at 5:45am. I am at work then, so it is difficult to get onto the water, sadly. If I could, I would be on the water whenever I could.
what about a used model c concept2?

unfortunately i backed over the one i had in storage before i could use it....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what about a used model c concept2?

unfortunately i backed over the one i had in storage before i could use it....
There is one at the gym that I use. It's just a whole lot of boring to sit in the gym and erg. Also, having a mirror is very nice, because you can see your form slip and it gives you that close-far cadence that you get in a boat.