Quantcast

***Tuesday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -Thoreau

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Leave on a business trip this afternoon and return tomorrow evening. A quick one day conference in Salt Lake City. Joy!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Was wrestling with the little one last night and he accidentally headbutted really hard right in the bridge of my nose. Caught me totally off guard and definitely heard a pop when it happened. Totally expected to wake up this morning with a black/blue face but so far just a little swelling. Still ****ing hurts like hell though. Who knew being a father was so dangerous.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Enjoying the Dominican Republic currently. Wifey sucks at putting on sunblock, as her chest is burned to a crisp and my back is mildly burned. Planning on going ziplining later today and if the wind is downn paddle boarding. Have fun working suckers.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Finished the patio expansion/rebuild over the weekend, wound up adding a bit more to it than I initially planned. Need to pick up a few shrubs and it's off to the next project.

Old:

Drainage issue:

Trench dug and ready for the gravel/corrugated pipe. This took about 6hrs straight (about 3ft deep at the lowest/furthest point):

New:
Looks good, Joe!!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
For real tho'. Nice work.
Thanks Phil....I assumed you were making fun of my posting it in the Sunday and Monday GMT threads. :)

Very pleased how it came out...going to pick up a few shrubs from the nursery on the way home tonight I think. It will be nice to have a legitimate lounging area to grill, eat and drink beer.

Now if only I can figure out the magic involved in maintaining a nice lawn....:think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went for a walk this morning because I woke up early. I got to the end of the driveway and this little terrier came up to me all happy. It followed me on my walk and as I got home it ran up to the most strikingly pretty girl. Her little dog had got out. I made 2 new friends today.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I went for a walk this morning because I woke up early. I got to the end of the driveway and this little terrier came up to me all happy. It followed me on my walk and as I got home it ran up to the most strikingly pretty girl. Her little dog had got out. I made 2 new friends today.....
You should give them both a bone.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The weather has been the suck off and on, but I am getting the lady out on a cruise around the hood after work. She's never tried any real trail riding, but I know she will dig it. I just need to work her up to it and get her used to going fast. :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks Phil....I assumed you were making fun of my posting it in the Sunday and Monday GMT threads. :)

Very pleased how it came out...going to pick up a few shrubs from the nursery on the way home tonight I think. It will be nice to have a legitimate lounging area to grill, eat and drink beer.

Now if only I can figure out the magic involved in maintaining a nice lawn....:think:
Oh, I most certainly was making fun of your multi-posting. But, I also didn't comment in either of the prior threads so posting in today's GMT seemed like the monkey way of paying a compliment.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Good rehearsal last night, and a busy but satisfying day at work before then. Nice when things work out like that :thumb:

I'm currently tuned in via gotomeeting to morning conference (diffusion weighted MRI imaging, which is actually a topic I like, MR physics). Academic morning off, but I'm planning instead on using the time for one more round of life insurance/disability insurance blood draws and heading to a local glass-blowing shop to buy some trinket for the wifebot for Mothers Day.

Daily update on my **** for sale:

Current high bid $113.50 - Turner RFX/6 Pack frame (L), Fox Float RC2 160 mm fork, Cane Creek 40 headset, + seats, seatpost, etc.: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111345417666

Current high bid $14.50 - Shimano XT Hollowtech II FC-M785 cranks in oddball 165 mm length, 38/26t rings: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111345402304

Current high bid $2.61 - Two Continental Trail King 2.4" x 26" UST foldable tires: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111345396746
The grandfather clock has a high bid of $26, too, for the record. :D (and all of these auctions have no reserve price! bid! encourage friends to bid! bid again!)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Working in a new building today, I wish I knew where the bathrooms were....I just finished quite a large coffee.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -Thoreau
In the Desert
By Stephen Crane

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, “Is it good, friend?”
“It is bitter—bitter,” he answered;

“But I like it
“Because it is bitter,
“And because it is my heart.”

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In the Desert
By Stephen Crane

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, “Is it good, friend?”
“It is bitter—bitter,” he answered;

“But I like it
“Because it is bitter,
“And because it is my heart.”
"We have a saying in my country - the coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken" - Tino