Quantcast

>>>Tuesday GMT<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Foggy morning, sort of the calm before the big to do. The forecasters have everyone in a tizzy about a big storm they have forecast but we shall see. Flood warnings , High winds, power outages... just going to make sure I have enough cold drinks and food for the dogs on hand. Always have the generators ready to go.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! We have a massive nor'easter developing here. It starts with freezing rain and ice everywhere so this morning will be fun. Next few days will have miserable weather, I am glad I did a few miles last cold night.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
For some reason I find it a bit discerning when I sit on the office toilet and the seat is warm. I prefer a cold seat because that means it is fresh and has aired out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report here, just offloading a lot of crap laying around the house and waiting on my new CC to arrive so I can start chipping away at my gift list.

Here is the picture I promised yesterday. And not the one of me taking it to the walnut tote by the pup.

Attachments

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coasts are gonna be a mess, eh? Well... we're gonna be suffering with 60's and sunny for the rest of the week. <sigh>
Isn't there a high risk of skin cancer with all the smug?

Not being in the NorthEast, said storm has just given us fog with a downward trajectory.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why'd I get into the computer business? I should have become a printer technician; these things have been occupying so much of my time lately.

On a positive note, I have a big ole cup of coffee here to enjoy.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got my new drive train for the trail bike ordered yesterday. The LBS could not even get close to the pricing which was below or at their cost. I think its because of the strong dollar exchange rate vs the Euro that things are getting really well priced in Euro land.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Slept like a rock last night. Now I know why, feel a solid cold coming on. This is what happens when I go out in the public, fuck that shit.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Fitz and the Tantrums tonight at the Crystal Ballroom, Maddies first ever concert. I am keeping my expectations in check because when I saw them at the Roseland it was seriously one of the best shows ever. Part of it being my favorite Portland venue, but they were awesome. I just know they have been playing nonstop since and they have got to be getting tired. I know it will be a good show and Maddie will love the floating floor at the Crystal. :D

Lets kick this day in the nuts. I need moar coffee.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Got my new drive train for the trail bike ordered yesterday. The LBS could not even get close to the pricing which was below or at their cost. I think its because of the strong dollar exchange rate vs the Euro that things are getting really well priced in Euro land.
Based on when I was working in bike industry, in the EU, it was more a function of grey-market products flooding the aftermarket. There are so many small bike brands in europe, all who over order parts and flood the market with OE parts that selling parts at wholesale prices to distributors was a challenge.

Where'd you order from, Chain Reaction?
Will be curious to hear what packaging your parts arrive in; I doubt it will be aftermarket packaging.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bikediscount.de, backcountry.com and ebay.

I am sure that is some of the reason for the good pricing plus the exchange rate. I have tried it before some years back where all of a sudden the Pound dropped vs the Dollar and got a pair of Dura Ace C24s for an amazing price on Chainreaction not even OE they were in the box and everything.

Another things is most places didn't even have the product available and also why I ended up buying from all kinds of places.

But no wonder this happens when suppliers decided to have a system with pricing and availability that is so different depending on who you are and how you buy.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

To stay on topic:

1. Weather is very nice today
2. Cold toilet seat is best toilet seat
3. Crystal ballroom kicks ass. I saw Floater there once, was awesome.
4. My coffee is awesome.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
For some reason I find it a bit discerning when I sit on the office toilet and the seat is warm. I prefer a cold seat because that means it is fresh and has aired out.
Disconcerting.

I revised someone else's Powerpoint presentation this morning, and by revised I mean that I totally redid it. It's for an introduction to abdominal radiology lecture that I'll be giving next months to med students on their surgery rotation.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Disconcerting.

I revised someone else's Powerpoint presentation this morning, and by revised I mean that I totally redid it. It's for an introduction to abdominal radiology lecture that I'll be giving next months to med students on their surgery rotation.
POW POW POWERPOINT

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi Dudes.
Working in PJ's today in the office. We have a hot cocoa bar with booze too. Could be fun or it could be a shit show...or BOTH! :)

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Phish tickets haven't arrived in the mail and I don't want them, I don't see myself going off work and enjoying the show far far away in Miami. Pushing that subject it was a $500 dent of stupidity though now I also know that those times I didn't have my tickets and free tickets were around how they became of that. I learned my lesson there I know I have my fatbike almost paid off witch it is almost really cool. Things and good is there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Phish tickets haven't arrived in the mail and I don't want them, I don't see myself going off work and enjoying the show far far away in Miami. Pushing that subject it was a $500 dent of stupidity though now I also know that those times I didn't have my tickets and free tickets were around how they became of that. I learned my lesson there I know I have my fatbike almost paid off witch it is almost really cool. Things and good is there.
which night and how many? i have some cousins down there that may possibly be interested

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If I lived in Florida I would want to take massive amounts of hallucinogens and pretend I was somewhere else. Phish show is a good means to that end.