Quantcast

###Tuesday GMT###

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

A bit bummed today for a multitude of reasons. At least it's the last day before a week off. Hard to complain about that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
rain here. :stosh:
Fog and spring like temps here. :stosh:

I've been informed that I can take tomorrow off, after having to go in on Saturday. "Off". As in stay at home, but if shit goes down then I'll be getting called in. :thumbsdown: Wonder if taking the bus in to work would be acceptable, if I've ventured into beer-land?

Today is feeling like a poutine type of day. Or maybe tacos for dinner. Can never go wrong with tacos...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I feel normal after Sunday night's bout with gastro. Not sure what to eat though. I had some pasta with no sauce last night, a few bananas, and some toast. I feel like I could eat normally now, but somehow I think shawarma with garlic sauce wouldn't be a good bet...

today's gonna be a long day at work. nothing to do, and I got my fill of bike movies and "shredits" yesterday. Lots of garbage out there, but I'll throw this one up caus' of the 40 or so I watched yesterday it stands out the most:
reminds of the older Wade Simmons moves in the early days... so smooth....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
7 miles on the treadmill before work. Your jealousy is a little embarrassing.
Totally.

Also, I got my rollers set up in the garage after a few half hearted attempts at using a trainer. As I recall, rollers offered me a much more realistic riding experience, complete with crashes and everything.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Totally.

Also, I got my rollers set up in the garage after a few half hearted attempts at using a trainer. As I recall, rollers offered me a much more realistic riding experience, complete with crashes and everything.
if you really want a challenge, put a fixie on your rollers.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Yet another day of not working. Was going to do repairs on the FIL's main bath toilet, but the shut off won't completely shut off, and leaks when shut off. So it needs a new shut off valve, something I don't have time to do. Have all the parts for the toilet repair, so I'm going to recommend that the FIL call a plumber to replace the parts.

Might do other stuff today.

Be safe out there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:wave:

Too much sushi last night.

no such thing.
yes there is. I worked for a large Japanese electronics company and we took the president out to dinner in San Jose's Japatown. there were 8 of us and towardzthe end of the mel they brought ot a 3'x3' tray packed with sushi. we made it half way. The head guy said we must honor host and finish. picture the hardboiled egg scene in cool hand luke but with sushi.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently i have a dangerous airbag....evidently i get a free rental while the oil is changed...car inspected...airbag swapped out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I feel normal after Sunday night's bout with gastro. Not sure what to eat though. I had some pasta with no sauce last night, a few bananas, and some toast. I feel like I could eat normally now, but somehow I think shawarma with garlic sauce wouldn't be a good bet...
You just threw a wrench in my dinner plans. Shawarma would be amazing right now.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I gave a lecture at UW this morning and caught up a bit with my old buddies. Going to the VA this morning to do the same.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Still somewhat morning, Monkeys.

Had an amazing dinner last night. My boy, his lady and my grandson came out for dinner and a gift exchange and had an awesome visit. Then I get a call on his way home that the serpentine belt on his car decided to sh!t the bed about 10 miles outside of Portland.

I hop in the truck, call AAA and get told it's an hour+ wait, yay. Tow the car back to his place, get it off the truck, try to get into the car and it's locked it the keys still in the ignition. Turns out AAA tow drivers aren't allowed to do unlocks due to liability. So he calls the locksmith who is an hour+ out. Get the car open, get it parked, was home in bed by 2:30.

The extra time did allow for more time to visit, so I had no issues waiting. Now to see what Juan is going to charge me to fix it. I think he still owes me a favor, so I hope it's cost or free :)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It must be nice living in sunny California and having a car that well traveled to look so clean. Its hard to find a car with that many miles up here, they've usually fallen apart after that many from the winters.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I did have a nice drive home down Rocky Point Rd. I had never noticed the view until I got stuck behind a truck, so I pulled over and snapped a pic. :rofl:

Then it was clear sailing to the bottom. And I even kept her out of the ditch.