Quantcast

@@Tuesday GMT@@

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'm still lobbying for using the plastic silverware that the BBQ buffet caterer provides at our wedding. Mainly cause it's free. I think I'm fighting a losing battle.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today:

- grab parking pass for downtown lot
- edit and post 4 month baby photos
- revise yet another time my MR angiography/MATLAB paper
- see if Google Forms supports in-line images cleanly, and build a survey on MR of the prostate if so
- start coding web app for classifying thyroid nodules as warranting biopsy or not
- slog to downtown in traffic, park for free with pass in lot, and then play some trumpet in an audition for Colorado Wind Ensemble

Of these myriad goals I will do at least the first two and the last... :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Tuesday! Last night I went and listened to my friend's presentation about the triple crown of bike packing. She's the only female singlespeeder to race the Arizona trail, Colorado trail, and Great Divide Race in a single season. Oooof!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Happy Tuesday! Last night I went and listened to my friend's presentation about the triple crown of bike packing. She's the only female singlespeeder to race the Arizona trail, Colorado trail, and Great Divide Race in a single season. Oooof!
i bet her ass hurts

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I f*ing hate living near a school. Left my house 30min early and got stuck in school traffic. I'm mow on the same pace if i had left at my normal time.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
BRRRR ... darn near chilly in the house this morning.
And windy! Had a long-ish run planned, but the thought of doing half of it with this head wind is all the excuse I needed to call it off.

I f*ing hate living near a school. Left my house 30min early and got stuck in school traffic. I'm mow on the same pace if i had left at my normal time.
That's what you get for being proactive, and why I never do it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just do what the soccer moms do. Drive down the sidewalk.
It kills me. You know that you are going into a very busy and backed up intersection and turning right. What do you do? Apparently not put on your blinker is the correct answer. There was a backup of probably 15 cars trying to turn left, away from the school, that were held up by people turning right without blinkers. It's just annoying, because I'm now going to need to take an alternate route that back track's an extra mile and go through streets with a 30mph limit vs. 50mph. It just adds unnecessary time because people are stupid.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It kills me. You know that you are going into a very busy and backed up intersection and turning right. What do you do? Apparently not put on your blinker is the correct answer. There was a backup of probably 15 cars trying to turn left, away from the school, that were held up by people turning right without blinkers. It's just annoying, because I'm now going to need to take an alternate route that back track's an extra mile and go through streets with a 30mph limit vs. 50mph. It just adds unnecessary time because people are stupid.
Self-driving cars are the answer... EMBRACE YOUR ROBOT OVERLORDS!!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Flying to LA on an older plane vs flying with the Dreamliner to Denmark in July made me realize how much better the new Dreamliner is. Especially the air quality makes a big difference with much higher humidity levels.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Flying to LA on an older plane vs flying with the Dreamliner to Denmark in July made me realize how much better the new Dreamliner is. Especially the air quality makes a big difference with much higher humidity levels.
did it help propagate your farts better?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Our recent flights to Seattle were on Alaska's redone? new? 737-800s with the fancy Recaro seats. Extra leg/knee room and USB and 120V at every seat is nice.

This is kind of a sucktastic photo:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to drive by an elementary school on my commute. Giant backups of parents dropping kids off. I don't know whey every precious little morbidly obese kid needs a fucking personal ride to school. Aren't buses actually safer?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I used to drive by an elementary school on my commute. Giant backups of parents dropping kids off. I don't know whey every precious little morbidly obese kid needs a fucking personal ride to school. Aren't buses actually safer?
The worst part is that it's a HS and most of the kids live within a mile.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I never really got this either. Our kids went to a school out of our home area for elementary school and there were tons of neighborhood areas to drop kids and have them walk which would completely avoid the clusterf**k of the school parking lot... but NO - people would tie themselves up in knots trying to get their kids as CLOSE to the school as possible.

Kids these days... :disgust1:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow. I took Friday-Monday off from work and even while having a student sit here to fill in, in the event of an emergency, so much crap has happened. I really want to like this job, but being a one man department looking after two buildings is rough at times.

FTS