Quantcast

@@Tuesday GMT@@

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know whey every precious little morbidly obese kid needs a fucking personal ride to school. Aren't buses actually safer?
:stupid:

My daughter walked to school, but I would sometimes give her a ride home if she had too much crap but the office was 5 minutes from her school. She will be bussing it to high school until/if she gets her license.

Car pooling is one thing, but loading up the Yukon XL for one kid seems like overkill. But then said Yukon XL now drives solo to the office, so I guess stupid is as stupid does.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I never lived closer than one mile to school, and walked/biked 99% of the time.
Drive kids to school? Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

I never really got this either. Our kids went to a school out of our home area for elementary school and there were tons of neighborhood areas to drop kids and have them walk which would completely avoid the clusterf**k of the school parking lot... but NO - people would tie themselves up in knots trying to get their kids as CLOSE to the school as possible.

Kids these days... :disgust1:
Right. There are multiple kids Haley's age in our neighborhood who will all be walkign to school together. It's .5 miles away. I've got no concern with that.

Hell, I lived almost 3 miles away from my elementary (1-4), 5 from elementary (5-6), 10 miles from jr. High, then 3 from HS. For the most part I took the bus when it rained, rode my bike, or walked. Occasionally I would get a ride from friends, but that was still it. We were full fledged free range, as my dad left for work at 5am.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh hey there!
Got a day of gathering reports and documents for a 600,000 RSF commercial building sale! Yayyy... :thumbsdown: I've done this a couple times for prospective buys and have found (a) this is a metric s-tom of work and (b) it all falls on my desk. It is pretty shitty time consuming work. The silver lining? I have to focus real hard on those detail thingies so all of a sudden it will be time to GO! (at least, here's hoping! :neo:)
After all this, I shall take the boy to football, do a good solo run, and hit the bike trail with Buffalo if I can talk him into it. Should make for an AWESOME evening!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
On yesterday's ride something small with wings got into my helmet and started buzzing around. I'm a bit jumpy from all the recent Yellow Jacket stings and the thought of getting stung on the head or face just did not appeal to me. So I did a fast hop off the rear of the bike (before it stopped), unbuckled the straps and threw off the helmet in one move.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Post work ride report: EXCELLENT. Tonight was a pretty short ride, but it just felt like my bike's suspension was dialed in perfectly for all the roots. I'm guessing it'll be different tomorrow; stupid shock.

Now its time to start a bike light thread....or does one already exist? I have about an hour of ride time, by the time I get home, grab the bike, change and drive to the trails. I usually hold off on dinner until after, which is horrible.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Now its time to start a bike light thread....or does one already exist? I have about an hour of ride time, by the time I get home, grab the bike, change and drive to the trails. I usually hold off on dinner until after, which is horrible.
I'd be down for a night riding/ light thread. Singletrack at night is a lot of fun.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
my friend kevin used to build awesome ones. multiple brightness settings, compact, runs on normal battery about the size of a AA (you can easily get spares and carry them in your pocket). and $125. i can see if he's still making them if you like.

way old pic, but you get the idea. mounts to helmet too.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today:

- grab parking pass for downtown lot
- edit and post 4 month baby photos
- revise yet another time my MR angiography/MATLAB paper
- see if Google Forms supports in-line images cleanly, and build a survey on MR of the prostate if so
- start coding web app for classifying thyroid nodules as warranting biopsy or not
- slog to downtown in traffic, park for free with pass in lot, and then play some trumpet in an audition for Colorado Wind Ensemble

Of these myriad goals I will do at least the first two and the last... :D
I accomplished 1, 2, most of 3, a tiny bit of 4, none of 5, and all of 6. Anschutz -> Auraria (both UC Denver campuses, incidentally, and both at which I get "free" parking) took nearly an hour. Ugh. I hate traffic.

Around the time of the audition at Auraria I somehow managed to lose my phone (I knew I didn't have it but thought it was elsewhere). Before I got home someone found it, returned it to lost and found, and lost and found dude replied to my wife's "where are you?" text. My wife greeted me at the door with the news that the phone was where I'd just driven from, so I hopped in the other car and retrieved it just in time... too much driving, but at least the phone is safe and I may have won myself a spot in the group's trumpet section. Maybe.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
what about a stainless pint cup?
As long as it has an open top & can breath - yes. My successful (multimillion dollar business) brewer friends tell me that Heady does this to probably hide the unfiltered clumps probably floating around a la an Ipswich IPA. I say embrace the clumps!

As long as it has an open top & can breath - yes. My successful (multimillion dollar business) brewer friends tell me that Heady does this to probably hide the unfiltered clumps probably floating around a la an Ipswich IPA. I say embrace the clumps!
Yeah, Heady's like Swithchback - want to roll the can gently to stir up the sediment before pouring - I usually don't bother.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, Heady's like Swithchback - want to roll the can gently to stir up the sediment before pouring - I usually don't bother.
Switchback - The CitraPils? I thouroughly enjoyed that one when I was down there last. I'm really liking Kellerbiers these days, and beers brewed with Citra hops these days.