Quantcast

<<~ Tuesday GMT ~>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I thought the 8 speed ZF transmission that BMW uses were really good. Living in NYC automatics is the only way to good but what do I know I drive a 2007 Volvo with a 5 speed auto.

Fast ride this morning I just felt great and it was nice and warm. Held a 22.7mph average over 25 miles.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Worked on the car again last night. Made a pretty big dent and the back half of the engine bay is back together. Still waiting for parts to finish the complex bit. If I get that wrong, I am looking at $2100 for the part -10% of the cost of my car. I am willing to do this repair on my own, as shops don't fix the part, they just replace them. To add insult to injury, the car requires two of them, so I really need to be careful with this one. I was hoping to get the fuel pump taken care of tonight, but we have dinner with some friends from out of town. Getting done by Friday is unlikely and I will probably need to finish over the weekend.

Otherwise, just spending time studying for my 65. Working with Haley to get off pull-ups at night. I got the 3:15am wakeup this morning with an accident, so I'm tired today.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
rent a jeep cherokee w/2.4L/9spd auto and get back to me....not worth 30 mpg...
A buddy of mine has one for a company car. The transmission keeps slipping and popping out of gear when he pulls into his driveway. It has been "repaired" three times in two years.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Freakin had it with all this rain. The one place that drains well enough to ride due to the fact that it actually has rocks on the trail, was getting an inch per hour.

Aaaaaaghhhhhh !!!!

:rant::panic:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Are you
  • too fast?
  • too slow?
  • too whiney?
  • too awesome, they jelly?
Slower, but I know the trails and there are plenty of good meet up points, and we all just rode together a week ago just fine. I'm guessing it is the last one!

Who did you piss off?
Or, are you too slow/fast for the group?
Edit: fkn westy!:rant:
idk, I thought I was being all extra nice and shit, which enhances the confusion.

Some broad crossed you off? Girls...
Lol! No, boys. And there is nearly nothing that pisses me off like being told by boys that I can't play with them. I mean, girls too of course, but boys... it hurts, bro! Especially when it is supposed to be a ride for fun that someone is coming in from out of town for. :thumbsdown::wtf: :mad::monkey:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Slower, but I know the trails and there are plenty of good meet up points, and we all just rode together a week ago just fine. I'm guessing it is the last one!

idk, I thought I was being all extra nice and shit, which enhances the confusion.

Lol! No, boys. And there is nearly nothing that pisses me off like being told by boys that I can't play with them. I mean, girls too of course, but boys... it hurts, bro! Especially when it is supposed to be a ride for fun that someone is coming in from out of town for. :thumbsdown::wtf: :mad::monkey:
That sucks. If you lived closer, I'd set them up with my riding partner. She gets off on demoralizing dudes who think they can ride. You'd like her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That sucks. If you lived closer, I'd set them up with my riding partner. She gets off on demoralizing dudes who think they can ride. You'd like her.
I have a friend who is a bit of a badass on the bike. Whenever she passes a dude, she compliments them by saying they look pretty. Ruffles a few feathers. :rofl:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I have a friend who is a bit of a badass on the bike. Whenever she passes a dude, she compliments them by saying they look pretty. Ruffles a few feathers. :rofl:
Haha.

She will never admit to being pro level fast, but when you ask her about the other women she rides with, they're all pros and or into ultra endurance events. Her and her friend did the Blue Ridge Parkway in five days. She tried to talk me into doing some insane 2 day event in Pisgah that has about 70 miles of trails per day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
probably the double dare. or the 111K. pisgah productions does a bunch of races like that.

eff racing in general. there's nothing i like better than riding as fast as i can but the idea of paying significant amounts of money to ride my bike in a somewhat stressful/pressure-filled situation is beyond my comprehension.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
probably the double dare. or the 111K. pisgah productions does a bunch of races like that.

eff racing in general. there's nothing i like better than riding as fast as i can but the idea of paying significant amounts of money to ride my bike in a somewhat stressful/pressure-filled situation is beyond my comprehension.
I miss racing. I'd get a little nervous on the starting line, but the second shit started to move, I was in the zone.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Looks like I need to move closer to these two bad a's! ;) There is a shortage of riding partners in my area.
I really like riding with anyone at any level. It's all about enjoying the woods with friends and well, riding a bike in the woods just rules. Sometimes I push myself, sometimes it's leisure. I figure that makes me average-ish.
I'm going to pass these fools in the woods and give them a "you're pretty" next chance I get! That's awesome.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

I've run into a few similar situations in the past. the sad truth is that for a lot of dudes, rides are an opportunity to "let their hair down", as it were... they don't like having ladies along because they have to remain on their best behaviour.

I've also heard it that if it was mentioned at home that a female was along for the ride, the partner asks why she can't come along. Not all partners are as fast...

It's a sad state of affairs isn't it. :thumbsdown:

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I've run into a few similar situations in the past. the sad truth is that for a lot of dudes, rides are an opportunity to "let their hair down", as it were... they don't like having ladies along because they have to remain on their best behaviour.

I've also heard it that if it was mentioned at home that a female was along for the ride, the partner asks why she can't come along. Not all partners are as fast...

I've never once asked a guy to be on his best behavior anywhere but my mother's house on a holiday. :) I "understand" (to the best of my ability) that this is a feeling some dudes have. In this case I say go on your bro ride. There are plenty of other trails for me to hit.

I've had that other-female-go-to-go-but-I-didn't happen before and it stung, since I am her riding equal.

This particular case today I was part of the planning when it was first brought up two weeks ago. I'm pissed, mainly about the uninvited part, and sad that I don't get to ride with the person driving in, and then won't get to see him at all while he is in town. "Sad state of affairs" is right. Oh man, just started venting, must stop. Got to get over myself and move on.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

That sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. I don't behave any differently when I ride with DirtyGirl than I do with dudes. In my 25 years of mountain biking, I've had the pleasure of riding with several women and only one has really annoyed the shit out of me. Mainly because she was whiney and made her husband push her DH bike up a four mile climb because it was too much for her. She kept us all waiting for a very long time. For the most part female mountain bikers have a more chill persona and are not as competitive.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

Yup, Double Dare. I looked on their site and they had a one day event as well (Single Dare). I don't race anymore and the idea of paying money to get lost when I can do it anytime for free just does not appeal to me. Of course I didn't mention the SD to her, and probably shouldn't unless I want to get tortured.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
seriously, many/most of the ladies out here are absolute HAMMERS and I'm the one everyone waits for at the top.
I think SB24's friends forgot how to friend on this one. :disgust:

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
That sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. I don't behave any differently when I ride with DirtyGirl than I do with dudes. In my 25 years of mountain biking, I've had the pleasure of riding with several women and only one has really annoyed the shit out of me. Mainly because she was whiney and made her husband push her DH bike up a four mile climb because it was too much for her. She kept us all waiting for a very long time. For the most part female mountain bikers have a more chill persona and are not as competitive.
seriously, many/most of the ladies out here are absolute HAMMERS and I'm the one everyone waits for at the top.
I think SB24's friends forgot how to friend on this one. :disgust:
You two just made me feel mucho better! Thank you! I just want to play! Can we go now? That'd be great mmmkay? :)

Is this the correct Tuesday thread? I don't want to cause any trouble. :tinfoil:
Hmm, not sure.... wait... nope... you're:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man, I wish I was invited to some rides that I could be uninvited to. All my "bros" have been taken over by their "hos". What was that saying again? :busted:

I get to ride solo 98% of the time. Most of my friends have their bikes either collecting dust or hanging up on the wall like an art piece. Unused art.

I am about to go for a night ride, in the rain and on a bike that still has moon dust on it from DH on Sunday.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Wow, for the first time the Thai place that I seldom get takeout from, made my dish really hot. Might be because I asked for Nam Prik Nam Pla, which I was told was the name of the condiment that's fish sauce and chilies. But maybe it means, "light the white boy up".

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wow, for the first time the Thai place that I seldom get takeout from, made my dish really hot. Might be because I asked for Nam Prik Nam Pla, which I was told was the name of the condiment that's fish sauce and chilies. But maybe it means, "light the white boy up".
Thai food should be really spicy....

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thai food should be really spicy....
I agree, but where I live the food scene is very lame. Most restaurants serve bland food, and getting a dish with a good balance of flavor and heat is rather difficult. Most places don't take me seriously when I ask for Thai hot, Indian hot, or for habanero sauce. There is only one Thai joint here that has the bold flavors you'd expect, and the rest are just ok.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
pardon me....how can you be told not to show up at public trails and ride?
have they ever heard the phrase "eat a bag of dicks"?
I have brought that up, and appreciate that you pointed it out :) and they may not have heard that phrase, since I never actually used those words out loud.. hmm...

@skibunny24 I bet if you rode naked you'd have no shortage of riding friends :brows:
Now we're thinking with our A game!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I can make authentic shanghai soup dumplings.
Please pass teh shanghai soup dumplings.

jd--have you played around with grits at all? I am looking for a dinner recipe. Also came across a waffled grits recipe that might be delicious. I also have awesome bacon here to use with them....