Quantcast

@@@Tuesday GMT@@@

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
undecided on letting a professional trim the beard......

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
there's this bright fucking orange thing in the sky.....must investigate.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another day in the office. Another day where I won't get done what I need to get done, because of things that fall into square #1. :(

Been trying to do this one thing for almost two weeks now....

Must ride tonight. Looks gloomy out there, so it'll be a night ride with lights for sure.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I brought the Land Cruiser in for an alignment check and the tire shop said I need my bearings repacked. I can believe this since the shop 10,000 miles ago in Seattle when I had my 120k-ish mile service said the bearings were getting loose.

Ah, cars, source of endless small (and occasionally large) expenses.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I brought the Land Cruiser in for an alignment check and the tire shop said I need my bearings repacked. I can believe this since the shop 10,000 miles ago in Seattle when I had my 120k-ish mile service said the bearings were getting loose.

Ah, cars, source of endless small (and occasionally large) expenses.
Probably would have been a good idea to replace the tie rod ends before the alignment.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Early morning ride. Getting cold out there. Rode with a bunch of guys and at the end its only me and this other guy who does most of the pulling. As I pass him going up the hill which I had done on every previous lap in an angry tone he tells me I have to ask if I draft somebody. Roadies are delicate little flowers. I was going to tell him to just ride faster but chose not to say anything.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Roadies = lolz

Sprung a leak in my tire last night on the trail. No stans left to seal it up. Thought the hissing was a rattlesnake. Tall weeds and rattlesnake sounds make for jittery boostindoubles. Luckily it was all downhill back it the house.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Early morning ride. Getting cold out there. Rode with a bunch of guys and at the end its only me and this other guy who does most of the pulling. As I pass him going up the hill which I had done on every previous lap in an angry tone he tells me I have to ask if I draft somebody. Roadies are delicate little flowers. I was going to tell him to just ride faster but chose not to say anything.
Get in front of him and fart.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That would've been an opportune time for your pump to be tossed into his front wheel.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Good Lord! No sleep in 2 nights. Fan/white noise broke, dogs won't stop licking/breathing/shaking their damn collar. Though I feel like I could sleep if I could lie down again, my brain has been so wired it just can't let go. I understand that this is largely because I haven't taken one of my medications in three nights. I don't intend to take it again so hope that the narcotic withdrawal period will be over soon. (Anyone with experience here?) Trying no caffeine, chamomile and the like all day, and no alcohol tonight. Can't decide if a trip to the bongshed will help in my current frame of mind or not.

In other words, Seahawks won, but they did not shine. There were a couple sick plays though!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good Lord! No sleep in 2 nights. Fan/white noise broke, dogs won't stop licking/breathing/shaking their damn collar. Though I feel like I could sleep if I could lie down again, my brain has been so wired it just can't let go. I understand that this is largely because I haven't taken one of my medications in three nights. I don't intend to take it again so hope that the narcotic withdrawal period will be over soon. (Anyone with experience here?) Trying no caffeine, chamomile and the like all day, and no alcohol tonight. Can't decide if a trip to the bongshed will help in my current frame of mind or not.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Probably would have been a good idea to replace the tie rod ends before the alignment.
I don't know. I was thinking of leaving it on jackstands in my garage for a month while I ship the bearings to a guy in Montreal.

Some people just don't get the ///LC.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don't know. I was thinking of leaving it on jackstands in my garage for a month while I ship the bearings to a guy in Montreal.

Some people just don't get the ///LC.
I get the ///LC factor.

I hope you have a nice ///LC polo to show everyone that you have the factor. Because what is the point of having the factor if no one knows that you have the factor.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Already ran 11 flights of stairs in heels today. We were down to one of our four elevators this morning, so I spent some QT running up and letting people onto their floors. Sure beat sitting at this desk!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

In other words, Seahawks won, but they did not shine. There were a couple sick plays though!
Now is not the time to stop the bongshed visits. It will help with withdrawal, or so I hear.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
VANOS boards are repaired. Apparently they were clogged to all hell, so things should be mouch smoother now. Should get them back tomorrow. Goal is to get those, intake, etc all installed tomorrow night and see if I can get it fired up and running smoothly. If that is the case, then I will be doing a couple other 100k service items and them put the bumper back on again. Hoping to be driving it to work on Friday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What were they clogged with, decaying electrons? :nerd:
Oil and oil sourced debris. The solenoids allow oil to flow into the VANOS cylinder, effecting the placement of the intake cam. So... Oil moves over the solenoids, which eventually accrue small amounts of debris, impacting the ability of the solenoids to fully fire.

Of the eight, only one was fully firing when he started cleaning everything. Three just made noise, but didn't actually move. After cleaning them, all 8 are fully firing and should allow for the VANOS to do its job, which is adjusting the cam positioning.

I put in new cam position sensors last week too, so together, they should bring a substantial amount of power back to the table.

http://www.eeuroparts.com/blog/articles/557/bmw-vanos-explained/

Last edited: