Quantcast

~~~Tuesday GMT~~~

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have been bitching about work a lot lately but I truly work with some idiots. Have a big project that we are behind in getting designs to the customer. I marked up a set of drawings. My designer did not address my questions/comments but literally typed my comments into the drawings word for word. I now have to once again tell my customer that I have nothing for them because we are fucking idiots.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work.

Three hour phone meeting/WebEx at 10am; which means I will be joining in, putting my phone on mute and cruising through the day.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Fooking side door refused to open this morning. I am guessing one of the nails holding bronze weather stripping at the bottom got loose and and jammed it. Oh the pleasures of living in an old house, I think I need to buy a big axe to fix it.
:bonk:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. This cold can suck it! I can't seem to kick it and it just keeps nagging me...stuffy, sometimes cough, sometimes sore throat....grrrr. I have tried conventional medicine, tonight I try bourbon! At least it isn't a horrible cold, just a nuisance, but mamma monkey ain't got no time for dat!

I baked for my students...they love me...
Now I need more coffee and some holiday tunes to spruce up my room this last day before break. 6 more hours and I'm outta here!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I have been bitching about work a lot lately but I truly work with some idiots. Have a big project that we are behind in getting designs to the customer. I marked up a set of drawings. My designer did not address my questions/comments but literally typed my comments into the drawings word for word. I now have to once again tell my customer that I have nothing for them because we are fucking idiots.
Sq-Earl just worked on a project where the engineer gave him a bunch of valve updates that he manually put in over the course of a week, as it was printing, the engineer comes in and says "I found an excel file with all of those changes....would that help?" Needless to say, Sq-Earl wasn't amused.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, ridemonkeys n whatnot! Per usual, I was up early for the glorious exercise. 4 mile easy run in the rain. 55 degrees though instead of 35, so it was tolerable. I've got another run on the schedule after work, which is a one hour hard effort. With showers in the forecast, I may have to treadmill that one because the heavy rain can start to affect the quality of the workout. coolstorybro.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Work.

Three hour phone meeting/WebEx at 10am; which means I will be joining in, putting my phone on mute and cruising through the day.
In my opinion conference calls should be less than one hour with no time for random input; stick to the topic bitches... my weekly conference call is 1 pm on Mondays so I am generally more focused on my lunch while those that are doing the talking relay the contents of the e-mails they sent earlier in the day.

In other news, Ginger Baker turns out to be an unreliable madman who hits people with his cane. I saw this on youtube so it's fact.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee, etc.

apparently a long period of intermittent rain has begun. temps in the 60s, even, 70s, so i won't complain.

might try to get the rugrats out to help me build more jumps anyway if it's not pouring. probably need to get some last minute xmas crap done too.

for now, though, moar coffee!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The entire airfield smells like someones bong shed is on fire. :think:
There's a warehouse that emanates that smell on the way to Mariko's preschool. Google Maps reveals nothing about the nature of this business. Olive oil importer?! :D

3 hours 15 minutes to scheduled close. Bank of America hasn't produced closing docs or settlement figure yet. My buyer's agent is not pleased. My first closing may be a delayed closing, I'm guessing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fooking side door refused to open this morning. I am guessing one of the nails holding bronze weather stripping at the bottom got loose and and jammed it. Oh the pleasures of living in an old house, I think I need to buy a big axe to fix it.
:bonk:
Consider replacing it with an ///M door. They have no problem opening.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There's a warehouse that emanates that smell on the way to Mariko's preschool. Google Maps reveals nothing about the nature of this business. Olive oil importer?! :D
It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of the GA hangars are being used as grows. There is a dispensary on acadamy and Austin bluffs and the whole neighborhood always reeks of pot. I don't know what they are doing different because non of the other pot shops perfume their areas.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
had breakfast with my biking buds this morning. that was nice. now I'm at work. that's not nice. it's rainy and foggy out. this weather can suck it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
had breakfast with my biking buds this morning. that was nice. now I'm at work. that's not nice. it's rainy and foggy out. this weather can suck it.
Go riding! Wet weather riding is awesome........and plus, you just know that the snow is going to come. :disgust1:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
next job interview I would negotiate throat punches in to available team members who are idiots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fuck me in the ozarks. there's a possibility my upper management may cut my holiday leave short. january can't come soon enough. (that's when a lot of positions in my field get posted for applications).

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Go riding! Wet weather riding is awesome........and plus, you just know that the snow is going to come. :disgust1:
I'm ok with wet weather riding on hard packed trails. Not so keen on wet, saturated trails where you can go no where.

For reference wrt fog, the view from my office:
20151222_101946.jpg

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Y'all forgot my birthday. Screw you guys, I'm going home. :D

Probably last day of work before vacation. We're open tomorrow, but skiing sounds better.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003

3 hours 15 minutes to scheduled close. Bank of America hasn't produced closing docs or settlement figure yet. My buyer's agent is not pleased. My first closing may be a delayed closing, I'm guessing.
We got to our house closing and the bank printed "Carl Crombach" on all of the documents.....my husband's name is Earl. They ate some cash on that one because the lawyers refused to let them write it over and we came back the following morning to sign everything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Enrolled in an Xterra race at the end of July. I still need to sign up for the shorter on in June and will most likely sign up for the properly long one in August. Looking forward to getting in lots of dirt miles, both riding and running, this summer.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Enrolled in an Xterra race at the end of July. I still need to sign up for the shorter on in June and will most likely sign up for the properly long one in August. Looking forward to getting in lots of dirt miles, both riding and running, this summer.
I wonder if there will be a new sponsor for the series. 2015 is the last year for the Nissan Xterra.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I wonder if there will be a new sponsor for the series. 2015 is the last year for the Nissan Xterra.
XTerra is the manufacturer of wetsuits. I don't think Nissan has anything to do with it now.