Quantcast

~~~Tuesday GMT~~~

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Every year a few weeks before the local Xterra race some fucking tool sanitizes one of the more technical parts of the trail. Remember if you like competing but aren't good at anything, just tri.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
We got to our house closing and the bank printed "Carl Crombach" on all of the documents.....my husband's name is Earl. They ate some cash on that one because the lawyers refused to let them write it over and we came back the following morning to sign everything.
Nice. My name is no peach to spell. I'll double check for that. :D

Meanwhile, with 83 minutes left to scheduled close I get this:

Loan has just got its final approval stamp and will be RUSHED over to closing to get the documents over to the title company as soon as possible.
24 hours to review the HUD-1 per RESPA, right? Try more like 0 minutes...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
In other news the Stop a Douchebag video series on YouTube is quite amusing. It's a bunch of guys who stick stickers on peoples' windshields if they drive on the sidewalk (which is disturbingly common--I'd flip my shit if I lived there! like Long Island x1000). One of the guys is a wrestler, too, which has come in handy.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in holiday cheer mode...anyone who honks their horn at me i pinch a nipple/lick my lips/blow them a kiss.....going out to spread cheer and tidings of joy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We got to our house closing and the bank printed "Carl Crombach" on all of the documents.....my husband's name is Earl. They ate some cash on that one because the lawyers refused to let them write it over and we came back the following morning to sign everything.
When we bought our house, they terribly mis-typed our slavic names of both me and my wife in the Registry of deeds and we had to inquire about a correction. Funny thing is to watch some of the spam still using the wrong names in our address many years later.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
When we bought our house, they terribly mis-typed our slavic names of both me and my wife in the Registry of deeds and we had to inquire about a correction. Funny thing is to watch some of the spam still using the wrong names in our address many years later.
Yup...Carl & I still get mail. Just wish he'd show up and pay all the bills LOL!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good lord I'm toast. Snowing all day, caught a rope drop for some chutes (literally skied over the rope and followed patrol down) then got a remote chair opening late morning, honestly knee deep surfy pow and great tree skiing. Only down side was skiing alone.

Edit: had delicious chili for lunch. 'urp!

Last edited:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Nearing 6 hours spent at the title company. They're still waiting for the bank's wire transfer before I get keys. Long day. At least my realtor/neighbor is entertaining.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy cow, I just had the strangest shit happen on the freeway.

Got over into the very far right lane, to just cruise home at a moderate pace. Within a minute of getting in that lane, I look into my rearview mirror and see this Lexus so close to my car, that his headlights aren't visible. Okay, that's fine, tailgaters are a daily annoyance. NOPE, next thing I know, there is a white Chevy Equinox passing myself and the asshat in the Lexus, on the shoulder! Buddy in the Equinox gets in front of me and then proceeds brake check me. Toss in some high beam flashes, too.

WTF?!

Both of them continued this routine around my car for the next couple of miles. I am one of the most laid back and easy going dudes. I shrug most shit off, but I ended up brake checking the Lexus at least once and if I could read their plates I would have called the cops. Shit was dangerous as fuck.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Title company also acted as escrow for closing: bank wired to them, I wired to them, then they handed over deed and wired money to builder.

CBJ: yes, this is the house that I had built. 'tis done, and now I'm officially on the hook for it. :D